Pages: 1 ... 915 916 917 [918] 919 920 921 ... 1937   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4650861 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #13755 on: Saturday, October 11, 2014, 15:30:30 »

The dedication that the person who runs the swindon-town-fc.co.uk site has!

A number of years ago we set up our own football team in Ciren League 2. We played in that league except for a few glory years in league 1!

The year after I left, ex-town player Mark Gardiner (didn't play much for Town) played for the club. Guess he just wanted a Sunday kick around.

Amazed to see this link acknowledged !

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/HeadToHead.asp?Team=TC%20Exiles
surely the only English player to have played for both STFC and a team in Norway...?
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #13756 on: Saturday, October 11, 2014, 18:10:17 »

went to view a house today, the estate agent guy looked like Henry Sandon from Antiques roadshow, he was a lovely bloke.
He thought the key was for the back entrance (fnarr fnarr) but eventually he opened the front door with it and sorted the bugger alarm. In we went, lovely house - usual conversation  Mrs Dodgers wants to rip the place apart, " are you in the building trade Sir?" says the lovely Henry " No, I just pay the bastards to rip me off Henry", says me.
Anyway, I digress, Mrs Dodgers wants to go outside to check that the M4 symphony is really pissing her off at which point she goes to the front door and it won't open. Henry has left the keys in the front door and we can't get out. I then go never mind, we'll climb out a window but all the front ones are fucking locked. Thankfully, the kitchen windows are unlocked " I, Ron Dodgers, scourge of the County Ground and God of the Beehive shall rescue us all".
Didn't happen " shut up fatty, you won't fit through there" said Mrs D and she leaped up on the worktop and flew out into the garden, opened the door and let us out 

I was quite amused
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #13757 on: Saturday, October 11, 2014, 18:20:31 »

went to view a house today, the estate agent guy looked like Henry Sandon from Antiques roadshow, he was a lovely bloke.
He thought the key was for the back entrance (fnarr fnarr) but eventually he opened the front door with it and sorted the bugger alarm. In we went, lovely house - usual conversation  Mrs Dodgers wants to rip the place apart, " are you in the building trade Sir?" says the lovely Henry " No, I just pay the bastards to rip me off Henry", says me.
Anyway, I digress, Mrs Dodgers wants to go outside to check that the M4 symphony is really pissing her off at which point she goes to the front door and it won't open. Henry has left the keys in the front door and we can't get out. I then go never mind, we'll climb out a window but all the front ones are fucking locked. Thankfully, the kitchen windows are unlocked " I, Ron Dodgers, scourge of the County Ground and God of the Beehive shall rescue us all".
Didn't happen " shut up fatty, you won't fit through there" said Mrs D and she leaped up on the worktop and flew out into the garden, opened the door and let us out 

I was quite amused

Witchelstowe?
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #13758 on: Saturday, October 11, 2014, 18:26:45 »

The only reason i ask is because we had a similar experience.

We rang up to view a house there i cant remember who through but all was fine, we arrived at said time as did the nice gentleman.
Went to the front door, key wouldn't work, went round the back, still didn't work. So he rang the office and after 15 minutes eventually figured out he took the keys to an identical  house a few doors down. No a problem, we'll go have a look as the lay out will be the same so not a massive issue.

As we enter the alarm started to go off, the bright spark only had the alarm code to the other house, so this house alarm is blurting out into the street, the chap frantically trying to get hold of someone at the office. One by one, concerned neighbors are peering out the doors thinking something going down it was all quite amusing.The guy was so embarrassed, he could not apologies more. Me and the wife found the funny side.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #13759 on: Saturday, October 11, 2014, 18:27:20 »

I was quite amused

ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #13760 on: Saturday, October 11, 2014, 19:03:55 »

it was Broome Manor - and fuck off Sam
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #13761 on: Saturday, October 11, 2014, 19:15:01 »

Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #13762 on: Saturday, October 11, 2014, 20:32:54 »

Poland 2 Germany 0

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #13763 on: Saturday, October 11, 2014, 20:33:50 »

Poland 2-0 Germany, 2 mins left.

Warsaw will be one big party tonight, assuming they can hang on.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #13764 on: Saturday, October 11, 2014, 20:41:56 »

The Lawn Angling Club, will be similarly rocking.
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #13765 on: Saturday, October 11, 2014, 22:38:08 »

I have been in the Polish club tonight it is the first time ever that there has been more people in the Polish bar rather than the English bar.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #13766 on: Saturday, October 11, 2014, 22:41:00 »

Poland 2 Germany 0

One of the nicest nationalities I've ever had the pleasure to meet the Germans. Other than an obvious obsession with the wars, the anti German feeling in this country baffles me, especially as they're so similar to us. Lovely people, and good luck to them.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #13767 on: Saturday, October 11, 2014, 22:56:35 »

I fucking love the Germans. But it's still good to see them get turned over every now and then.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #13768 on: Saturday, October 11, 2014, 23:02:33 »

I fucking love the Germans. But it's still good to see them get turned over every now and then.

In that case Honky you'll be happy when we turn 'em over on Glasgow too!
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #13769 on: Saturday, October 11, 2014, 23:29:57 »

In that case Honky you'll be happy when we turn 'em over on Glasgow too!

Whatever the result is, Glasgow will be dry by morning.

I think the world record for beer consumption is held by the Scotland/Ireland/Germany/Netherlands fans at a World Cup, I want to say France(?). Some genius put them all in the one shared bar. Because the Dutch and Germans get on so well.
Pages: 1 ... 915 916 917 [918] 919 920 921 ... 1937   Go Up
Print
Jump to: