Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Southend United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 36239 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 18:52:01 »

why is it because i' not raving about it that = moaning?
it isn't moaning,but i cant dress it up because we won.there are positives for sure, but it was a poor game of football.

"dire match.we were rubbish"
"passing was piss poor all over the park"
"the lad upfront was terrible"
"same shit as last season really"

There is some truth in everything you said, but it was an unobjective moan and you know it Wink

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 18:55:02 »

people forget how shit stuff is when the result is good though bk.
and it's all truth reeves. Cheesy
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 18:56:09 »

Has anyone ever seen Arriba and DV in the same room?

You need to realise that you support a team in League 1 so therefore you will witness lots of poor games, if you want to watch brilliant football every week then pay through the nose to watch a plastic premiership team.

You sound like my dad Arriba, and he is 67.  The game wasn't the best but the first half we looked totally in control without scoring the goals that our control warranted.  2nd half we looked tired without really looking like being in trouble.

After watching the last few years of lge1\lge2 football I will take that!

You come across as one of those people who even if we were in the top 4 of the Prem you would find something to moan about!  I would find another passtime if I were you.  Maybe go back to walking your dogs!
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 18:57:43 by Berniman » Logged

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Rich Pullen

« Reply #213 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 18:58:57 »

That's a bit patronising isn't it Berniman?

There's nothing wrong with pointing out a few observations whether people agree or not.
flammableBen

« Reply #214 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 19:01:11 »

"Well actually it wasn't that good"

"You shouldn't support us".

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 19:14:35 »

yeah it is patronising,and i've been misquoted and interpreted with 2+2=5 with some of the stuff i've had thrown my way.
i think i watch games in a different way to most of you.this has only been since my lad has played at the level he does where performance is key,not the result.it's changed the way i look at football to be honest.
i stand by everything i've said,and i bet plenty of the players today are pissed off with themselves.
Dozno9

« Reply #216 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 19:18:08 »

Good game and one that we may have drawn under Malpas.

Funniest moment for me was in the 1st half where their foward stood right near Lucas for the kick, ala Cox/Paynter style and he stood on Lucas' right waiting for him to kick it and didn't realise that he was left footed.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 19:18:36 »

That's a bit patronising isn't it Berniman?

There's nothing wrong with pointing out a few observations whether people agree or not.

What is patronising about it?  Just pointing out that if he is expecting a brilliant performance every week when following a team in league 1 then he is expecting too much!

What is the problem with that?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #218 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 19:19:28 »

I would have thuoght the majority of Swindon players will be absolutely knackered as they work one hell of a lot harder than they've done for a few years. I would also have thuoght the majority will be thinking 8th in the league - not bad and as its a fairly new team maybe things could get quite exciting.
Then I'd imagine they'll go out on the piss for a well earned beer and enjoy the finest women they can find and unlike a lot of last season, good luck to them. In my opinion they'll have earned it this week.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 19:21:21 »

yeah it is patronising,and i've been misquoted and interpreted with 2+2=5 with some of the stuff i've had thrown my way.
i think i watch games in a different way to most of you.this has only been since my lad has played at the level he does where performance is key,not the result.it's changed the way i look at football to be honest.
i stand by everything i've said,and i bet plenty of the players today are pissed off with themselves.

Ah sorry, I didn't realise that you have superior knowledge to everyone else on here when it comes to football, I apologise!

I have only just been introduced to the game last week and am in that learning curve stage!  

I am sure I will get it soon!  Bear with me!

Who is the patronising one now?
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 19:22:52 by Berniman » Logged

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 19:25:51 »

Today I finally lost it, what a fucking attrocious effort, dire, cringeworthy...

..the fucking fans sat behind me that is.  Moaned all game, even when we were passing it around with a bit of confidence start of the 2nd half.  Topped it off by lambasting O'Brien for not running when he was practically having to hop around.  Anyway, it allowed me to call that long haired Rik Wakeman lookalike a fucking imbecile.

Jesus wept.  It was by no means a classic, the last 30 mins was pretty rubbish but before that we played some good stuff and got ourselves into a comfortable position.  Ferry will be class after a couple of games and I think Huthinson will turn out well.  oh, and on the fans behind me, quite what shouting at Tope after he scored with "you may have scored but you're still fucking useless" was supposed to achieve I'll never know.

Arriba, if you'd worded it a little less like you'd just witnessed us take a hammering, then I think people would have taken less offence.  For a good 40 odd minutes we had complete and utter control of the game and passed reasonably well, it was far better then most games last year.
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 19:27:24 by RobertT » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 19:26:06 »

that the parents and the PC brigade talking

football is all about the winning. otherwise whats the point?

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 19:28:12 »

Ah sorry, I didn't realise that you have superior knowledge to everyone else on here when it comes to football, I apologise!

I have only just been introduced to the game last week and am in that learning curve stage!  

I am sure I will get it soon!  Bear with me!

Who is the patronising one now?
where have i said i'm superior?
not what i said or what i meant
Rich Pullen

« Reply #223 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 19:28:24 »

The world would be a far boring place if we all agreed on everything.

Anywho, this appears to be the forming of a slanging match and I want no part in it Smiley
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 19:29:14 »

Today I finally lost it, what a fucking attrocious effort, dire, cringeworthy...

..the fucking fans sat behind me that is.  Moaned all game, even when we were passing it around with a bit of confidence start of the 2nd half.  Topped it off by lambasting O'Brien for not running when he was practically having to hop around.  Anyway, it allowed me to call that long haired Rik Wakeman lookalike a fucking imbecile.

Jesus wept.  It was by no means a classic, the last 30 mins was pretty rubbish but before that we played some good stuff and got ourselves into a comfortable position.  Ferry will be class after a couple of games and I think Huthinson will turn out well.  oh, and on the fans behind me, quite what shouting at Tope after he scored with "you may have scored but you're still fucking useless" was supposed to achieve I'll never know.

Arriba, if you'd worded it a little less like you'd just witnessed us take a hammering, then I think people would have taken less offence.  For a good 40 odd minutes we had complete and utter control of the game and passed reasonably well, it was far better then most games last year.

You looked quite calm on the bench outside Burger King after the game?

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: