Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Southend United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 36262 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 17:00:43 »

And actually some of the stuff we played in the first half, mostly through Ferry, was better than anything we managed to put together last season.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 17:01:06 »

Happy with that. Was always going to be difficult to produce another maestro performance after two fine Tuesdays on the run, so although we made hard work of it, we held on and took the points to enter official nose bleed territory in the table.

Once they get their fitness, the Celtic lads will be class for us within a few weeks. O'Brien looked more effective once he was injured as he all he could do was stand in the middle and actually played a couple of nice balls through from there as opposed to running up the wing and losing possession. Next time he comes on Wilson should kick him in the ankle as he runs on the pitch.

Wilson said much the same about O'Brien in the post match interview.

BANGKOK RED

« Reply #167 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 17:01:06 »

The 1st half sounded OK on the radio.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 17:02:44 »

dire match.we were rubbish and wont win many playing like that.luckily we had 12 men as the ref was our best player.2 stone wall pens for them first half before we scored.passing was piss poor all over the park.
ferry was alright but the lad upfront was terrible.
same shit as last season really

why do you bother going? you make me look happy ffs...
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 17:04:13 »

He obviously didn't get any last night.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 17:04:20 »

Fuck knows why the saafend fans were getting such a hard on about the ref. The sending off was justified.

We did what we had to do. Nowt fancy, and despite having possesion at the end, southend didn't do anything with it.

Things get better but they never get good
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 17:06:12 »

Good win for Town.  Not a vintage performance by any stretch but we always looked comfortable and probably just deserved the win based on chances and territory.

In the 3 ghome games ive been to, we seem to do well in the first half and then  our performance levels dip in the second half.  However considering we've played 2 games a week since the start of the season, im guessing this has something to do with it.

Looking at our next 5 games i cant see why we cant get at least 10 points,  so hopefully this will maintain the playoff push

Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 17:06:47 »

Did they have a couple of men playing the bongo's or was that a tape
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 17:08:23 »

No, there was supposedly a 'beach party' theme today. There were guys sat on Stratton Bank with bongos.

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 17:08:33 »

why do you bother going? you make me look happy ffs...

i ask myself the very same sometimes.take the rose tinted glasses off some of you.christ if they'd got the pen they deserved and we'd lost you'd all be moaning like fuck.
Celticbhoy

« Reply #175 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 17:10:48 »

Nice to see Ferry impressed a few of you. Where did he play in the formation?
Hutch ok? or look rusty?

did i oversell them soapy tit wank

cheers
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 17:12:58 »

i ask myself the very same sometimes.take the rose tinted glasses off some of you.christ if they'd got the pen they deserved and we'd lost you'd all be moaning like fuck.

What penalty? Never looked like getting one, can't even think of a shout for one. You're just a miserable bastard.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 17:14:46 »

Yes, I've got rose didnt glasses on - yes me of all people. I even said we played poor!

What Pen? You know you could always not go?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 17:15:43 »

dire match.we were rubbish and wont win many playing like that.luckily we had 12 men as the ref was our best player.2 stone wall pens for them first half before we scored.passing was piss poor all over the park.
ferry was alright but the lad upfront was terrible.
same shit as last season really

You clearly didn't go last season then? We were bloody awful but now we have improved so much. For a start we can actually defend. We're starting to look like one of those league one sides that is tight at the back and wins games by a single goal. A lot of teams have done well in this league playing the way we have been playing so far this season. But if you're going to be like that after a win then you may as well not bother coming back. It's fans like this that really annoy me. They just moan all the time about everything.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #179 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 17:16:20 »

I thuoght it was a good win. We played some good stuff in the 1st half. From memory, they had 2 shots, 2 headers they put wide they should have put in the net and a penalty appeal turned down -if the bloke had been less theatrical maybe he would have got it.
Cuthbert looks class and some of Greer's passing was brilliant. Ferry looked like he is well capable of unlocking defences a la Ling.
I thuoght we looked really good until we tired and then we were hanging on for dear life. The point is thuogh that we did hang on.
I'm one of those with rose tinted glasses. I'm liking what I see. The players are playing with intelligence and when it doesn't come off you can see what they're trying to do.
This is still very much work in progress but I'm optimistic of a reasonable season. We're not going to go up - we're not going to reach the play offs but there is not a cat in hells chance we're gonig down.  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: