Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Southend United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 36237 times)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 17:18:51 »

Nice to see Ferry impressed a few of you. Where did he play in the formation?
Hutch ok? or look rusty?

did i oversell them soapy tit wank

cheers

Ferry was MOTM. Great passing and nice movement. Got stuck in too. Great to see. When he get's a bit more match fit he's going to be a good player for us I think. As for Hutch he was alright but didn't really get a lot of the ball. Looks to have a bit of pace (although he's not lighting) and power about him. Think he needs to play a few more games to get match fit and then I feel he could be a decent enough player for us.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 17:19:26 »

Wilson is doing a rebuilding job, but we are picking up points that we wouldn't have done last season.

We have a solid defence and midfield, but obviously haven't replaced Coxy.  So rather than panic and give atwo year contract to a donkey, the management are being patient.

As for strikers not looking great, if they could suddenly become lethal after weeks of reserve team football, they wouldn't be stuck in the reserves in the first place and would not be out on loan.

Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 17:20:12 »

Christ they were a big side! Most were well over 6 foot.

Their number 20 was constantly pulling on Greer's shirt during freekicks.

Overall, I'm pleased with the 3 points and Ferry looked impressive.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #183 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 17:22:29 »

Oh yes and their number 8 was bloody good. At thev end of the season I expect Southend to be there or therabouts. We beat a truly shit side in Southampton. We beat a pretty decent side today.
FlashGordon

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 17:27:48 »

Jesus, you'd have thought we'd lost listening to you Arriba. Ok parts of the performance wernt champagne but fuck me we got there in the end and got the 3pts, which at the end of the day is the maximum you can get from a game whether you play well or play shit.

I cringe everytime we played it along the back four today - on the pure basis of having seen Town defenders from the past we notorious cant play football back there, what a breath of fresh air it is to see Cuthbert and Greer there who can play and defend WELL. IMO we look pretty solid back there.

Also i love the fact we have JP Ferry Douglas and Timlin (when he came on) who are more than confident with the ball at their feet and can play a pass. We look strong in midfield and these boys i feel are the key to the season for us.

Up top, hmm hard to say. Im a big fan of BP just thought today nothing was going for him, still a decent shift from him. Tope looks average and was assisted well by Mildy for his goal. Hutchinson looked like he was trying too hard to show he's come from a big club with flicks and tricks and also looked a yard off the pace, but this could be down to a lack of games. One more bod up top please Danny.

Overall...onward and upwards to Yeovil

Come on YOU REDS!
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 17:29:51 »

The ref was one who wouldn't give free kicks just because a player falls down. In fact a Saarfend player was lucky not to get sent off early on, as he fell down and and fell on the ball, and handled it because he thought he was getting a fee kick. Instead he gave the free kick to us for handball, which the player threw down the ball, so he should've booked the player for deliberate handball, and then showed him a second yellow for dissent.

The Saafend player deserved to go for the biggest dive of the season. He went down like he'd been hit by a sniper, with him clutching his ankle, yet as soon as the ball came back close to him, he was up like lightning

Regarding the penalty incident, the player looked like he took a dive, but after the diving antics in the first half, he was not going to give it anyway.

Got to say they were the biggest moaners, having a moan about anything any everything.

To the game, we bossed the first half, and could've been a couple up.

Second half, Saarfend put 10 men behind the ball to make it difficult for us, and look for set pieces. Mildy threw the second in (close your legs Mildy!!), and when they got one back soon after, it was backs to the wall, even though they didn't look like scoring a second.

MoM - Ferry, with Greer and Cuthbert not far behind.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 17:33:26 »

Southend didn't impress me all that much to be honest - we controlled the game for most of the first half and the start of the second. They only began to get into it towards the end of the second when we got sloppy. There were times when players didn't look interested, weren't looking to get into space and weren't giving options. Some will say that's a result of Tuesday night but I thought it was very frustrating and could have cost us two points.

Having said all that, for the most part we played pretty well. Ferry showed a lot of promise once he got into the game, and we passed the ball around very well at times. As for the red card, the ref wasn't going to book him until the player made it obvious he was cheating - by letting go of his injured leg, jumping up, and challenging for a header. How Southend thought they had a right to complain I do not know.
swindonbob

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 17:33:42 »

dire match.we were rubbish and wont win many playing like that.luckily we had 12 men as the ref was our best player.2 stone wall pens for them first half before we scored.passing was piss poor all over the park.
ferry was alright but the lad upfront was terrible.
same shit as last season really

Ridiculous post, it wasn't a classic match, but it was far from "dire". Our passing was really good in different parts of the game, and we still looked solid at the back apart from the occasional back passes. And the difference between now and last season is huge in my opinion - I personally get far less worried of a stupid fuckup whenever we are passing the ball around in defence, and we look like a genuine threat on the wings and up front.

aptain Cabinet, trapped in a cabinet, can he get out? will he get out? course he can.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 17:50:55 »

I've seen ALOT worse matches. It was far from dire.

Some good movement and solid defending.

Only thing that was dire was the atmosphere.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #189 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 17:55:26 »

I see we've earned 3 points and therefore I'm happy. The manager will note the flaws... Last season if we played poorly we lost, so that's progress for me Smiley
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 17:57:05 »

I thought it was a pretty bad game, in fact I'd rather be arse raped by a horse than watch that game again.

Whilst Ferry was my MOTM, Hutchinson was useless. I haven't been too impressed by Obadeyi either, I'd be pretty pissed off if I was Macklin who has played well when given a chance but then been replaced by loan signings that aren't any better than him. Why help develop other clubs players over our own?

Other than a couple of blips the defence looked really solid, just a pity they conceded a sloppy goal again. Amankwaah was the best of them for me, he seems to be getting better and better.

Southend were pretty awful though (worse than us) and the worst of the teams I've seen at home. If they keep playing like that they'll be in relegation trouble come the end of the season.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 18:07:02 »

Biggest laugh of the day goes to Luci for locking herself inside her car. Cheesy
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 18:10:11 »

My twopenneth:

The game was OK for large parts and we controlled it well up to their goal, as we should against 10 men. The substitutions didn't really help as we seemed to be a bit at sixes and sevens after it became 2-1. It's easy to lose site of the performance in the whole match when the last 15 mins were garbage.

The dive was comical. You could see daylight between him and the defender. And the 'resurrection' probably made the refs mind up.

My only moan is we have to be more careful, we could easily have got clawed back from 2-0. And I did think they had a fair shout of a penalty (the first claim). But a win is a win.

Very impressed by Ferry (Ferry impressed), especially given this was his first game for us. 'Hutch' seemed a little of the pace to me, but you can't condemn the man just yet! Lets see where he is after a few games.

All in all a good 3 points.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 18:10:45 »

Biggest laugh of the day goes to Luci for locking herself inside her car. Cheesy

How is that even possible?!
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 18:14:21 »

When you press the 'lock' button on the keyfob without realising...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: