Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Southend United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 36254 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 19:29:25 »

Mind you, if arriba was the guy behind me I may join in the verbal rallies (I know it wasn't though).
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 19:34:51 »

No slanging match here!  I just think "fans" can be far too critical and expect more than a league 1 squad is capable of at times, bearing in mind what has gone on in the last week.

We are playing far better football than we have for a good few years IMO, and the team is performing above average for a lge 1 side without a massive budget.  I think some people have far too high an expectation for a team at this level.

Nothing patronising about that!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 19:39:09 »

i sit through games quietly.dont moan,rant and rave or shout etc.
i wish i didn't post what i did as i dont want to repeatedly have to defend myself when people misinterpret what i say.

i'm not trying to act superior,or slate the team.i'm just telling it how i saw it.
i always do and will continue to do so.
i dont expect everyone to agree with me but i hate having stuff i've said blown out of proportion and shit added to it.

berniman you were patronising.you told me what i think,what i should expect,and what i should do.
you also wrongly bleated bollocks about me thinking i'm superior,with plenty of added sarcasm to boot.
you can think what you like but challenge me on what i am and what i think and say, not what you exaggerate to have a pop.
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 19:43:25 by arriba » Logged
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 19:45:54 »

Hairy muff arriba, it's the idiotic lunatics during the game that get my goat.  A few posters on here sit near me (back of DR near the Town End), and if anyone knows (or gof forbid, is) the fat fucker who all but provides negative commentary all game, please tell him (or yourself) to shut the fuck up.  There must be 4 in a row up there who hate going to games.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 20:04:25 »

i wish i didn't post what i did as i dont want to repeatedly have to defend myself when people misinterpret what i say.

I Don't Agree With What You Say......but I'll defend to the death until I get hungry your right to say it.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 20:06:20 »

On Hutchison, he was clearly not match fit or 1st team sharp but he had little flashes of some quite intelligent play. Personally, I thought he showed enough in the first half to show he'll come on to be a decent player for us once he is match fit. To just write him off as "useless" and "terrible" making no allowance for the fact he's only just joined the squad, isn't match fit and has been playing Scottish reserve team football lately seems to me excessively harsh and gives no sense of the context.

If he doesn't improve over coming weeks, I'll revisit that judgement. But for a first outing in a wholly new environment, he wasn't outstanding, but like I say showed enough IMO to give me confidence he'll come on well for us.

arriba, I think people would have been less inclined to view you as moaning if your first couple of comments on the match hadn't been completely negative on what was a decent first half performance and a good win. Sorry if that's patronising, but if even DV thinks you're moaning, you've got a problem Smiley
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 20:06:24 »

Hairy muff arriba, it's the idiotic lunatics during the game that get my goat.  A few posters on here sit near me (back of DR near the Town End), and if anyone knows (or gof forbid, is) the fat fucker who all but provides negative commentary all game, please tell him (or yourself) to shut the fuck up.  There must be 4 in a row up there who hate going to games.

You're not that far from me then,he fucking annoys me too,with stupid thing's like we got eleven on the pitch now macca's gone off and tope might of scored but he's still shit,and i think his fav his go on billy in a sarcastic manner.

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 20:18:15 »

paul you know thats not patronising,and i dont in the slightest think it was.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 20:19:32 »

paul you know thats not patronising,and i dont in the slightest think it was.
Sorry, cheap shot. And I can see why you railed at Berniman but then I can see why he railed at you too. I'm just too empathetic for my own good Smiley
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 20:27:03 »

Got to say i tend to side with arriba abit here....the reason being theres alot of fans who are still not happy with what is being dished up....v Franchise it was terrible,i went to Wolves we were superb...ime not one for slating the players even when they are pants,alot of friends who go to watch the Town are not as passionate about the Town as me,so say it as they see it...it pisses me off but they have as much rite to moan or be pissed off as anyone......what i will not tolerate is personal abuse at our players...will never forget the shite Duke had to take,it nearly made me sick and ime ashamed to say it led to fisticuffs in front of kids which i wasnt proud off.....arriba saw it as he did...we may not agree but so what.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 20:47:12 »

berniman you were patronising.you told me what i think,what i should expect,and what i should do.
you also wrongly bleated bollocks about me thinking i'm superior,with plenty of added sarcasm to boot.
you can think what you like but challenge me on what i am and what i think and say, not what you exaggerate to have a pop.

Arriba, I stated an opinion of what you should expect and what you should do based on your first couple of posts, I am unaware of telling you what you think as you had already done that yourself in your first couple of posts. I certainly don't think I was patronising, I was stating my opinion on your post as you have since done on mine, but I did so without suggesting that your opinion was bleating bollocks!

By saying that you watch a different game to everyone else because you regularly watch a level of football that has made you undertand the tactics of the game more (that might not be what you were trying to say but that is how it came across) is more patronising than anything I said as your post came across that you were watching different aspects of the game that us supporters do not understand, without knowing what level any of us has been involved in football in the past.  I do not need to spout this as I am involved with this forum because I am a fan not because I am knowledgable about football.  

This is the TEF!  Am I mistaken that this forum is all about the sarcasm, that is what is so fun about this forum.  I have been told before that I come across as over sarcastic on the forum by people who have met me later on, but what is wrong with that?  Should I mind my P's and Q's with you because I believe you were being very over critical of the performance? In a word, No!

I did not have a pop, I challenged you on what you think and what you said, as you did to me!  This is a forum and this is allowed, unless you know something I don't!  If you take offence to people disagreeing with then a forum is the worse place to be surely!

Pauld, stop bloody sitting on the fence, grow some backbone man! Grin

BTW, this was meant as a joke before anyone kicks off at me again!

On a brighter note, we won!  Beers Anyone would have thought we were playing Gillingham!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 20:48:17 »

We all see things differently Leefer.  From my perspective I think we might just have had a bit of luck today, we've taken three points but on another day we could easily have dropped points.  I thought the first half we were easily the better team, and I thought Cuthbert looked quality.  If the Billy Paynter cross in the first minute of the second half had found a Swindon player I think we might have seen three or four goals but it wasn't to be.  The longer the game went on the more negative we became, our passing was awful at times and Southend came right back into it.  As for the stick that Duke used to get, let us not forget that this time last season Paynter was taking a lot of abuse both at games and on forums - there's not many putting in a better shift week in and week out now.

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 20:55:12 »

Arriba, I stated an opinion of what you should expect and what you should do based on your first couple of posts, I am unaware of telling you what you think as you had already done that yourself in your first couple of posts. I certainly don't think I was patronising, I was stating my opinion on your post as you have since done on mine, but I did so without suggesting that your opinion was bleating bollocks!

By saying that you watch a different game to everyone else because you regularly watch a level of football that has made you undertand the tactics of the game more (that might not be what you were trying to say but that is how it came across) is more patronising than anything I said as your post came across that you were watching different aspects of the game that us supporters do not understand, without knowing what level any of us has been involved in football in the past.  I do not need to spout this as I am involved with this forum because I am a fan not because I am knowledgable about football.  

This is the TEF!  Am I mistaken that this forum is all about the sarcasm, that is what is so fun about this forum.  I have been told before that I come across as over sarcastic on the forum by people who have met me later on, but what is wrong with that?  Should I mind my P's and Q's with you because I believe you were being very over critical of the performance? In a word, No!

I did not have a pop, I challenged you on what you think and what you said, as you did to me!  This is a forum and this is allowed, unless you know something I don't!  If you take offence to people disagreeing with then a forum is the worse place to be surely!

Pauld, stop bloody sitting on the fence, grow some backbone man! Grin

BTW, this was meant as a joke before anyone kicks off at me again!

On a brighter note, we won!  Beers Anyone would have thought we were playing Gillingham!

grrrr.you've misquoted me again but i'm not going to argue anymore with you.i'm sure no one else wants to read anymore, so lets agree to disagree.

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 20:59:29 »

Amen.
dell boy

« Reply #239 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 21:01:48 »

Leaving all the bitching aside from previous posts ....
I thought we were dire in the second half, end of ...I do like the why Wilson has us playing across the back it shows confidence on the ball, but also very easy for a side with men behind the ball to defend.
First half we looked very comfiortable, Southend I thought were a very poor side.
Second half we sat back just like last season and I expected an equaliser any minute, but thank God we held on.
Three points were the most important thing today, but entertainment value was down.
On the up side it was great to see Tans today.

In the top eight, great credit after the Gillingham result.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: