Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Southend United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 36624 times)

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 22:40:15 »

what do these guys say that is out of order?
redone

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 22:43:26 »

I sit in V180 or therabouts. We've got the first 6 sets from the aisle.
I did think the comments about 10 on 10 as we had Macca were out of order as was the he's scored but he's still shit. I used to know Rick Wakeman many years ago from the away games.

That's fair enough and is your opinion which everyones entitled to. I just think we could have worked the ball a bit more against 10 and that Macca was one of the worst culprits of not running at people and trying to put the ball in too early.

Can you honestly say that Tope did anything today apart from score? He may turn out to be a very good player, but when we signed him Bolton fans were saying he wasn't far off their first team. I haven't seen anything like that from him, but believe me I hope I do.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #272 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 22:45:14 »

Basically its non stop slagging off the team - very loud. How they've never got a slap is beyond me.  People tolerate them but one day it will happen. There will be a game when emotions run high where someone will have a pop. I'm pretty immune to it. Macca seems to be a particular favourite for abuse. In the Soton game one of the group said rather loudly why the fuck are people giving Macca a standing ovation when he was substituted.
One day it will kick off. A few ST holders have moved.
dell boy

« Reply #273 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 22:48:59 »

That's fair enough and is your opinion which everyones entitled to. I just think we could have worked the ball a bit more against 10 and that Macca was one of the worst culprits of not running at people and trying to put the ball in too early.

Can you honestly say that Tope did anything today apart from score? He may turn out to be a very good player, but when we signed him Bolton fans were saying he wasn't far off their first team. I haven't seen anything like that from him, but believe me I hope I do.

Tope is not the answer, the goal he scored today was a total misshit, but somehow it made its way over the line, would be very surprised if his loan was extended.

Macca will never be a workmanlike player, he is an impact player, to pick on Macca imo is a bit unfair, Wilson like most managers are not adventurous when they are in front and the order of the day was to get bodies behind the ball, its not good entertainment but three points, I'm sure he was just following instructions from the bench.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #274 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 22:51:09 »

Personally I thought Tope was poor today. I don't think he has the strength and his control and running with the ball are poor but he sure ain't going to get any better from your comments. Macca is a different matter. How the fuck anyone expects a 2ft high 3 stone toddler to defend is beyond me.  
Say hello next home game. I'm the fattest fucker within about 30 seat radius, with the possible excpetion of Chubby.  
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 22:51:16 »

I think macca is just one of those frustrating player's but he is a player who can turn a game,one to many step overs i agree,but i would't say it was like having ten player's on the pitch,Tope well i can't make my mind up,what i've seen of him he tries to do to much and yet other times it's like he want's to be somewhere else.

I think it could be the reality of league one being a culture shock,the only trouble his he will be off before he can settle in.

I would't say he's shit tho.
redone

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 22:53:42 »

I think macca is just one of those frustrating player's but he is a player who can turn a game,one to many step overs i agree,but i would't say it was like having ten player's on the pitch,Tope well i can't make my mind up,what i've seen of him he tries to do to much and yet other times it's like he want's to be somewhere else.

I think it could be the reality of league one being a culture shock,the only trouble his he will be off before he can settle in.

I would't say he's shit tho.

Maybe shit was a bit too harsh. Perhaps I should have said he hasn't lived up to expectations.

Football is a game of opinions, that's what makes it the best game on earth.

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 22:56:01 »

i expected tope to be bigger.lucky goal and i think he wont be here much longer
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 22:57:43 »

U 178

Ah, your in the block to my left about 30 seats away so obviously I can't hear the bloke your on about (probably a good thing)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #279 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 22:57:57 »

Tope's goal was excellent. Alan O Brien fucked up his run. The defender fucked up his challenge. Tope fucked up his shot and Mildy fucked up his save. Division 3 fooball at its best.  
redone

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 22:58:20 »

Personally I thought Tope was poor today. I don't think he has the strength and his control and running with the ball are poor but he sure ain't going to get any better from your comments. Macca is a different matter. How the fuck anyone expects a 2ft high 3 stone toddler to defend is beyond me.  
Say hello next home game. I'm the fattest fucker within about 30 seat radius, with the possible excpetion of Chubby.  

I may well pop across and say hello. Believe me, none of us go there to wind any other fans up. We're probably just guilty of being a bit too vocal some times with our opinions. I'll ask the guys to keep it down a bit. Certainly don't want anyone to move because of us as we're all there for the same reason.

Not sure it'll work on Tim though, but he'll be off to Australia soon so won't annoy anyone. Even I told him to shut the hell up at Oldham last week.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #281 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 23:04:13 »

It may not be the intention but its certainly the effect. I'm quite cool as I used to stand with Rick Wakeman at the away games many years ago and I know him to be a decent chap. He's obviuosly a bit more of a grumpy fucker than I recall. You guys have lead a lucky existence. On the basis I used to know Rick ( Ernie ) I did stop one rather aggresive guy coming over to you last season who had had enough. 
redone

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 23:10:00 »

It may not be the intention but its certainly the effect. I'm quite cool as I used to stand with Rick Wakeman at the away games many years ago and I know him to be a decent chap. He's obviuosly a bit more of a grumpy fucker than I recall. You guys have lead a lucky existence. On the basis I used to know Rick ( Ernie ) I did stop one rather aggresive guy coming over to you last season who had had enough. 

That's fair enough. I'll have a quiet word and try not to be too detrimental in the future.

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 23:17:48 »

i used to sit 161 row e.and you lot think i'm grumpy.the old cunt who sat next to me never clapped an maoned at everythng.when we got beat 1-0 by brighton play off year he said "we'd only go down anyway"
he is the most miserable cunt i've ever seen at a town game.he still goes now.the buy who sat the other side with his family was a great bloke and a realist who still sits there too.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 23:19:01 »

Wouldn't disagree with any of that re Tope. However, I think he suffers from chronic indecisiveness rather than laziness (I know you didn't say that but plenty around me were saying it today). I wonder if he's used to getting a bit more time on the ball in Prem reserve games where they all stand round admiring each other's showboating a bit more and now he's in the 3rd division, he's starting to realise he has to make a decision quick (pass/shoot/tackle) before some hairy-arsed centre half boots him into row Z and is finding he can't do it. Can't make the decision so he ends up just standing there, looking like a rabbit in headlights. Or maybe he's just a bit shit.

Of course it may be that he isn't that far off the Bolton first team and that was actually the Bolton fans having another go at Megson - as in "Christ, we could end up with him in the first team"
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: