Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: League 1 Play Off Final: Millwall V Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 36018 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 21:14:29 »

Dont much care if I ever go to Wembley again-overpriced shit hole.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 21:19:15 »

Wembley overpriced shit hole.

Yeah, and with the stewards confiscating my bottle of coke, so I had to buy the watered down version for double the price.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
adje

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 21:21:15 »

managed to smuggle in a pint of beer in a coke cup-me 1,stewards 0!

Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 21:25:27 »

Anyway, the play-offs won't be played at Wembley next season, as the Chumpions League final will be in it's place.
« Last Edit: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 21:29:07 by Summerof69 » Logged

BAZINGA !!

jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 21:27:47 »

Fitton on SSN complaining about the Wembley pitch, and that the play-off games should be moved to the Millennium.

Why does he wait until now? Why wasn't he pushing it with the Football League months ago when something could have actually been done about it? I'm sure the poor pitch gives the Football League enough grounds to tell the FA where to stick Wembley and the pitch.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #365 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 21:29:01 »

Sour grapes aside... I think he's right.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 21:31:30 »

Why does he wait until now? Why wasn't he pushing it with the Football League months ago when something could have actually been done about it? I'm sure the poor pitch gives the Football League enough grounds to tell the FA where to stick Wembley and the pitch.

What he said on SSN that he didn't want to jump on the pitch bandwagon, but the ball wasn't rolling despite the rain. He said the CG pitch was a lot better (no complaints there).

BAZINGA !!

adje

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 21:33:38 »

Today pretty much cost me the price of a season ticket-money badly spent,the way I look at it.

Bert1981

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 21:50:00 »

So disappointing. Spent the best part of 2 weeks building up to today and we didn't do ourselves justice at all, either on the pitch or in the stands.

Day started well enough though, got to Wembley at 11.30 and headed for the high street, couldn't get in The Greyhound as it was full so ended up in Speakeasy. More of a bar/club than a pub but full of Swindon and easy enough to get served, had a decent sing song aswell.

I was even enjoying the build up to kick-off inside the ground, but once the game started everything went to shit. On the pitch we were second best in every department, off it we couldn't get any songs going at all. Behind me in block 126 there was a group of lads trying all game, fair play to them, I joined in but it was so frustrating when no-one else did.

I've got no complaints about the result, Millwall were the better side, it's just a shame about Charlie's miss, we were always going to get one chance and that was it, stupid fucking pitch.

And finally, some of Millwall's fans really are horrible. Would rather give us abuse than celebrate their own teams promotion. Nice one, I hope we are swapping places with you in 12 months time, how sweet would that be.

joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 21:56:49 »

I think everything has been pretty much said and it looks like we're all in agreement (makes a change?!).

Massively disappointed, particularly after the hard work at Charlton to get us there.  For some of the players this will end up being the biggest game of their careers and they just didn't turn up.

Atmosphere was appalling.  There was a small group in my block singing throughout, but the majority just sat there.  I may add that the singers were all ST holders or regulars, because we had a discussion at the start of the game as to how nervous we all felt!  Unfortunately today's performance won't inspire any of the day trippers/bandwagon jumpers whatever you want to call them to turn out next season, so we'll be back to the usual 7,000 odd at home and anything from 250 to 2,500 dependant on where we play away?

Millwall's supporters really are the scum of the earth and that is the majority not the minority.   Quite honestly if I was a genuine Millwall supporter, I would be thoroughly ashamed.  The number of incidents that I witnessed as our coach spent 30 minutes trying to get out of the car park or have since heard about beggars belief.  FFS they'd won the game and most of them didn't even seem bothered, just wanted to cause aggro.

Quite honestly I didn't really enjoy the day. Coach journey there and back was crap thanks to a useless driver who took the longest routes possible ensuring we got stuck in every bit of traffic going!  Charlie Austin's pregnant (by him!) ex girlfriend was sat 2 seats behind me on the coach completely doing everyone's head in with her constant inane whittering and loudly announcing to us all that she'd woken him up that morning by ringing him.  Silly cow - Charlie you're well rid! throughout.  Weather was shite, got soaked and was cold from then on in.  The letters ran on my flag from getting wet. Never felt confident from the first kick.  Almost wish we'd gone out in the semis and saved myself near on £200!

Just to top it off, on my return to our local pub, I've had to put up with pissed up of a twat brother-in-law asking me if I was gutted with a big grin on his face.  When I said yees, I was told that 'Swindon were absolutely shite and he couldn't even be bothered to watch it'.  FUCK OFF!!!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 21:59:47 »

Sour grapes aside... I think he's right.

He is right. It's got fuck all to do with sour grapes though Rich. AF's way better than that.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #371 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 22:04:42 »

I meant putting the notion of sour grapes behind.

League One, League Two, FA Cup Semi-Finals and the Non-League cup fixtures don't need to be there.

Wembley 2.0 isn't the one we dreamed of going to as kids.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 22:08:02 »

I meant putting the notion of sour grapes behind.

League One, League Two, FA Cup Semi-Finals and the Non-League cup fixtures don't need to be there.

Wembley 2.0 isn't the one we dreamed of going to as kids.
I see what you mean...no those fixtures don't need to be there...except they do as the whole 'New Wembley' debacle has to be paid for some how  Roll Eyes
Talk Talk

« Reply #373 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 22:09:28 »

Dont much care if I ever go to Wembley again-overpriced shit hole.

I'm glad I've been once just to see it. An impressive edifice. I'm not bothered about going again and to be honest I think the play off finals are a load of old bollocks designed to fleece committed fans who have no alternative but to go and spend a shedload of dosh. If we went up auto or missed out then today would not have happened.

A cup final would be a different kettle of fish though...
flammableBen

« Reply #374 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 22:14:44 »

They should scrap the playoffs and do 6 up 6 down.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: