Pages: 1 ... 1655 1656 1657 [1658] 1659 1660 1661 ... 1934   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4616835 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #24855 on: Monday, January 25, 2021, 11:05:13 »

What the fuck goes on in your head man

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #24856 on: Monday, January 25, 2021, 16:23:07 »

What the fuck goes on in your head man

So you're telling me you never recognised once of the most prominent "McCain Chips" adverts of the early 2000s (that would also be on when you was fairly young), constantly aired during prime time and probably during SM:TV Live and me having a slight tongue in cheek reference back to it is really far out...

Come on fella, if you think my thoughts are so wild, you need to live a little  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #24857 on: Monday, January 25, 2021, 16:23:53 »

I'm sure you have seen much more wild people than myself JJ 

'Incessant Nonsense'

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #24858 on: Monday, January 25, 2021, 17:12:04 »

So you're telling me you never recognised once of the most prominent "McCain Chips" adverts of the early 2000s (that would also be on when you was fairly young), constantly aired during prime time and probably during SM:TV Live and me having a slight tongue in cheek reference back to it is really far out...

Come on fella, if you think my thoughts are so wild, you need to live a little  Wink

It's not that its far out dude just that you thought of it, remembered the little girl and clearly had to do a bit of stalking to find out her age. Not only that but then you felt that a bunch of strangers also needed to know this.

More... creepy than far out. But I suppose we all have our quirks.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #24859 on: Monday, January 25, 2021, 17:27:31 »

It's not that its far out dude just that you thought of it, remembered the little girl and clearly had to do a bit of stalking to find out her age. Not only that but then you felt that a bunch of strangers also needed to know this.

More... creepy than far out. But I suppose we all have our quirks.

It's not really tbh. I just thought of the advert randomly because I happened to be eating McCain Home Fries (bit of product placement there, sadly unpaid) and remembered how popular it was (at least where I was from). I remember pretty much everyone saying it on the tennis courts at school, then nicking someone's chips  Cheesy

A perked curiosity I know but I then wanted to watch the advert, to see if it was as good as I remembered or much fuss about nothing. It was in the comments (which often can be hilarious) that someone said "those girls are in their mid/late twenties now". If anything it just made me realise how old even we must now be getting. Nowt sinister about it and I think that is the trouble in society today, everything is looked at or viewed with a possible negative edge. It's as if there can no longer be any innocence or joy from even the small things any more.

As far sharing with a bunch of strangers. Most of us do that every single day on social media and I would say we do so here (in that most don't know each other), even more so at present. So I posted the ad, maybe I should have planned and constructed my post more clearly when I did so but it was very much posted "in the moment" rather than a calculated or scheduled post. Pure nostalgia. Nothing else Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #24860 on: Monday, January 25, 2021, 18:13:51 »

I'm old enough to remember, and without going and checking, have absolutely no recollection of what this  ad maybe about.  I certainly don't remember eating McCain chips on the playground, but I suppose my era was more Smash adverts.

You do come up with some real oddities.  It's like my attempts to read Terry Pratchett at times - I know his work is popular, but I couldn't get past the first Chapter of The Light Fantastic.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #24861 on: Monday, January 25, 2021, 18:22:17 »

Bamboo reminds me of Stanley Unwin  Smiley

Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #24862 on: Monday, January 25, 2021, 18:44:13 »

I'm old enough to remember, and without going and checking, have absolutely no recollection of what this  ad maybe about.  I certainly don't remember eating McCain chips on the playground, but I suppose my era was more Smash adverts.

You do come up with some real oddities.  It's like my attempts to read Terry Pratchett at times - I know his work is popular, but I couldn't get past the first Chapter of The Light Fantastic.

Start with the Colour of Magic
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #24863 on: Monday, January 25, 2021, 18:47:57 »

Bamboo reminds me of Stanley Unwin  Smiley

Ahhh wonderful  Cheesy Paul Whitehouse is very good at channeling his inner Unwin.

...I certainly don't remember eating McCain chips on the playground, but I suppose my era was more Smash adverts.

They weren't McCain chips at school, just some caterpack bollocks no doubt. Some did it with "Chip Sticks" too. We were 13/14, which usually isn't immune to buggaring about.

Maybe, I know I have a long interest in advertising. There's lots of evidence of this on the TEF but oddity is more from the perception of the individual who thinks so, rather than the one/medium it is applied to. The same is with curiosities, people only become bothered because they allow themselves to be. We're all guilty of that in some sense.

Oh you must read Interesting Times. Excellent stuff and if you read it now, it would probably seem to make much more sense than the world we currently live in. "Ang Morpork" - Pratchett was perceived as odd because he was just way ahead of many who could comprehend. In similar references it will be like reading "1984" today and wondering how similar Orwell's musings are reflected in present day life.

Alas, most everyone is mad here. Enjoy the ride - too short to not enjoy it whilst it lasts Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #24864 on: Monday, January 25, 2021, 19:03:26 »

I'll add, that I do love some oddball stuff, you are just a bit more oddball than oddball
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #24865 on: Monday, January 25, 2021, 19:05:04 »

Not sure what you're going on about, but I like chips.

Nothing to see here
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #24866 on: Monday, January 25, 2021, 19:15:10 »

Not sure what you're going on about, but I like chips.

On the subject of chips, and I am not knocking my move to the USA here because there is plenty of good t o it, but I do miss a good chippy.  So, this really does make me happy, I've found a UK run Fish and Chip shop - granted it's a 70 minute drive away - something to look forward to.
Flashheart

« Reply #24867 on: Monday, January 25, 2021, 19:18:01 »

I could kill for a proper chippy cod and chips now.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #24868 on: Monday, January 25, 2021, 19:22:40 »

Can't beat it
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #24869 on: Monday, January 25, 2021, 19:27:41 »

On the subject of chips, and I am not knocking my move to the USA here because there is plenty of good t o it, but I do miss a good chippy.  So, this really does make me happy, I've found a UK run Fish and Chip shop - granted it's a 70 minute drive away - something to look forward to.

I would trade our local chippy for a Wendy's.

Nothing to see here
Pages: 1 ... 1655 1656 1657 [1658] 1659 1660 1661 ... 1934   Go Up
Print
Jump to: