Pages: 1 ... 2291 2292 2293 [2294] 2295 2296 2297 ... 2658   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5165598 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #34395 on: Friday, March 19, 2021, 16:11:37 »

Well, shit!

And to think I'm a Rocky Horror fan. The hatred must have been building up in me without me knowing every time I saw The Time Warp.

Not sure what Boxing has to do with your hate for transvestites.
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #34396 on: Friday, March 19, 2021, 16:24:16 »

O'Shorts?
 Smiley I know your surname and I would probably spell it wrong at my first attempt.
Back in 1961 when my dad registered my birth, he spelt the bloody surname incorrectly. 50 years later it's taken me 3 months and over £100 to sort it. If he can't even spell his surname correctly, what hope is there. I think plenty of alcohol was involved and a thick heavy Kerry accent probably didn't help.
He also got my brother's birth date wrong by 2 days.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #34397 on: Friday, March 19, 2021, 16:36:37 »

Transphobia isn’t funny guys.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #34398 on: Monday, March 22, 2021, 11:31:03 »

Would you question why a couple of 12 year old were on their own?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-56476935
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #34399 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 10:09:05 »

This appears not to be satire, they are obsessed! https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/union-jack-flag-bbc-tim-davie-b1820715.html
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #34400 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 10:11:57 »

Does anyone actually take a step back and think about things holistically and sensibly and come up with the conclusion 'who gives a fuck'? We're in the middle of a pandemic and there is all this waste of time crap about flags etc.

The game's gone etc etc.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Panda Paws

« Reply #34401 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 10:52:36 »

Does anyone actually take a step back and think about things holistically and sensibly and come up with the conclusion 'who gives a fuck'? We're in the middle of a pandemic and there is all this waste of time crap about flags etc.

The game's gone etc etc.

Millions of people do exactly this, including me.

Don't forget, you're in control of the media you consume and the information you absorb.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #34402 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 11:01:52 »

Millions of people do exactly this, including me.

Don't forget, you're in control of the media you consume and the information you absorb.

Indeed and whilst I do use Twitter (mainly for STFC content) I'm fully aware its very easy to be carried away with all the other issues going on, its definitely a medium where if you are not careful you can be overly consumed with everything and be led down certain paths.

(Aware its not just twitter)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #34403 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 11:09:06 »

The game's gone etc etc.
While you're absolutely right, this is also precisely why they do it. It's a populist distraction technique to draw attention away from the corruption, mismanagement and massive death rate. See also Meghangate.
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #34404 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 11:59:30 »

Working from home and realising the number of fucking scam out of area/unavailable/international calls I get in a day on the landline from "Sky", "Amazon", "BT" etc etc.
Bad Mood

Am losing the landline when current BT contract ends.

No one kills a thread like me....
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #34405 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 12:02:04 »

Working from home and realising the number of fucking scam out of area/unavailable/international calls I get in a day on the landline from "Sky", "Amazon", "BT" etc etc.
Bad Mood

Just unplug it now if it's not worth having. I have a "BT landline number" which has never had a phone attached to it and never will, internet and TV still work fine through it.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #34406 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 12:02:51 »

Bad Mood

Yeah its staggering isn't it. I've left my landline phone out of the 'holster' now and the battery has been dead for sometime. All you get is just shit scam calls these days, I guess as they know people are at home now and they just need to catch a poor naieve elderly person and they are in luck.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #34407 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 12:09:22 »

Had the HMRC scam a few times. Yesterday it was someone after my NI number
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #34408 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 12:14:06 »

I have had 4 calls in the last hour - just picked up and put phone down on three, but my curiosity got the better of me on the fourth.  Apparently I have spent a grand on Amazon today.

Deep sigh.  Stupid as it seems I hadn't thought of unplugging the fucking thing (twat).  Good shout Nemo.

No one kills a thread like me....
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #34409 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 12:17:46 »

I have had 4 calls in the last hour - just picked up and put phone down on three, but my curiosity got the better of me on the fourth.  Apparently I have spent a grand on Amazon today.

Deep sigh.  Stupid as it seems I hadn't thought of unplugging the fucking thing (twat).  Good shout Nemo.

No worries. I get all the same calls on my mobile now, so you can't properly escape it...

Feel like there's been a serious uptick in robocalls/just plain old scams in lockdown. Either that or HMRC are really keen to talk to me.
Pages: 1 ... 2291 2292 2293 [2294] 2295 2296 2297 ... 2658   Go Up
Print
Jump to: