Pages: 1 ... 2294 2295 2296 [2297] 2298 2299 2300 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5047206 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #34440 on: Monday, March 29, 2021, 12:38:20 »

Firstly glad he is getting the help he needs and didn't injury himself or anyone else.

One thing caught me eye, why does the club have club owned tied accommodation in Stonehouse, isn't that quite a way from Swindon?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #34441 on: Monday, March 29, 2021, 12:52:52 »

Who's going to cut the lawn now😀

Looks like it wasn't just the grass that was half cut.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #34442 on: Monday, March 29, 2021, 12:57:48 »

Looks like it wasn't just the grass that was half cut.
I know Town need as many points as they can get but this.......
hanneyred

Ignore
« Reply #34443 on: Monday, March 29, 2021, 13:06:37 »

Should never be allowed to thrive again. Absolute moron.

His whole reputation within STFC and the football community has gone. Zero sympathy for him.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #34444 on: Monday, March 29, 2021, 13:10:06 »

Cassidy does have history on this area - I've mentioned it before on here when we were discussing the LMc debate (again). Addiction is a horrible thing and it's clear he does have one (or a heavy dependency at least). I guess the prison sentencing is not only due to how over the limit he was this time but because of historical offences too.

He's an absolutely fantastic and talented groundskeeper. One of the best (along with the rest of his team) around and that isn't being bias.

I mostly hope he can get as much help and support as possible and would rather have a shit playing surface than a human suffering. Get better and the help you need Marcus, I'm sure most Town fans would share similar thoughts. I also don't think a jail term is the right thing for people with addiction, as it only tends to bring further "opportunities" but of course, repeat offences have to be dealt with in a stronger way - this is where I'm sure some will agree and disagree with I.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #34445 on: Monday, March 29, 2021, 13:13:06 »

There's having an addiction and then there's getting behind the wheel. No sympathy in that respect.
« Last Edit: Monday, March 29, 2021, 13:14:50 by 4D » Logged
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #34446 on: Monday, March 29, 2021, 13:15:30 »

Cassidy does have history on this area - I've mentioned it before on here when we were discussing the LMc debate (again). Addiction is a horrible thing and it's clear he does have one (or a heavy dependency at least). I guess the prison sentencing is not only due to how over the limit he was this time but because of historical offences too.

He's an absolutely fantastic and talented groundskeeper. One of the best (along with the rest of his team) around and that isn't being bias.

I mostly hope he can get as much help and support as possible and would rather have a shit playing surface than a human suffering. Get better and the help you need Marcus, I'm sure most Town fans would share similar thoughts. I also don't think a jail term is the right thing for people with addiction, as it only tends to bring further "opportunities" but of course, repeat offences have to be dealt with in a stronger way - this is where I'm sure some will agree and disagree with I.

He should get help when in prison as I understand it. A family member had a similar situation, though not drink driving but certainly alcohol related. Found out in the Nick they were severely bipolar. Which would explain some of their previous actions. It is easier to monitor them inside though 14 weeks does not sound much it does provide time to asses and help for their release.
« Last Edit: Monday, March 29, 2021, 14:45:50 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #34447 on: Monday, March 29, 2021, 13:17:45 »

How very sad

Ignore
« Reply #34448 on: Monday, March 29, 2021, 13:40:30 »

Explains why the pitch looks so awful then. Got form ain't he? Clearly he's got a serious drink problem and I'm not sure prison will help but I don't think he should ever be allowed to drive again. That's an insane reading he gave.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #34449 on: Monday, March 29, 2021, 13:58:38 »

5 year ban

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #34450 on: Monday, March 29, 2021, 14:00:17 »

One less wage for Power to pay...
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #34451 on: Monday, March 29, 2021, 14:04:40 »

There's having an addiction and then there's getting behind the wheel. No sympathy in that respect.

Agreed.

Thats why i cant understand all the forgiveness and love for Ant of Ant and Dec.....twice over the limit and crashed into a family FFS!!

Clems Army!
Panda Paws

« Reply #34452 on: Monday, March 29, 2021, 14:09:16 »

Agreed.

Thats why i cant understand all the forgiveness and love for Ant of Ant and Dec.....twice over the limit and crashed into a family FFS!!

That's what a bit of PR can do for you. Promise the red tops an exclusive to go easy on you. Sorted.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #34453 on: Monday, March 29, 2021, 14:24:21 »

In no way an excuse and he deserves everything but i do think it's not as easy as thinking oh i am drunk i will not drive. He would have been in such a state that he isn't even thinking at that point. The breathalyzing total alone tells you what a state he must have been in.

Another good reason to have something on cars that will not start if you blow over the limit

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #34454 on: Monday, March 29, 2021, 14:48:29 »

Sympathy? No. Pity? Yes. Alcoholism is now and has been a recognised illness/disease for many years. Sadly it’s more prevalent in society than most people think.
Pages: 1 ... 2294 2295 2296 [2297] 2298 2299 2300 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: