Pages: 1 ... 2289 2290 2291 [2292] 2293 2294 2295 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5089810 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #34365 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 14:32:19 »

Is there no Covid in India?

Just watching the T20 international and the crowd is absolutely rammed.
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #34366 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 18:43:29 »

Is there no Covid in India?

Just watching the T20 international and the crowd is absolutely rammed.

I’m pretty sure They said there were 60 -70 thousand there. I don’t understand this at all.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #34367 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 19:03:39 »

they are capped to 50% capacity under lockdown easing. it's a 130k  capacity stadium

whether that's wise or not is another matter
Flashheart

« Reply #34368 on: Friday, March 19, 2021, 08:10:20 »

That TV dude who mocked Jenrick for his flag. Obviously taking the piss out of his blatantly contrived display of 'patriotism'.

People: "OMG, WHY ARE THEY MOCKING THE FLAG?", "OMG, THE BBC HATE BRITAIN!", and so on.

None of those things are true, fucking simpletons. Another case of me wondering if they understand the context but don't want to let it get in the way of an opportunity to be angry about something, or a spot of ironic patriotic virtue signalling.

No wonder the country's fucked.

Flashheart

« Reply #34369 on: Friday, March 19, 2021, 08:46:36 »

That TV dude who mocked Jenrick for his flag. Obviously taking the piss out of his blatantly contrived display of 'patriotism'.

People: "OMG, WHY ARE THEY MOCKING THE FLAG?", "OMG, THE BBC HATE BRITAIN!", and so on.

None of those things are true, fucking simpletons. Another case of me wondering if they understand the context but don't want to let it get in the way of an opportunity to be angry about something, or a spot of ironic patriotic virtue signalling.

And on that note... I've deactivated my Twitters account.

I'd rather be ignorant of these half-wits. It's more blissful that way.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #34370 on: Friday, March 19, 2021, 08:48:31 »

Also the way they went for Naga Whasserface for laughing at what was clearly a lighthearted joke, more than the bloke who made it so that she had to do a grovelling "I apologise for not worshipping at the shrine of the holy flag" apology on Twitter. Wonder why that might be?

The whole way this has rolled out undermines everything the outraged patriots think that flag stands for. Shows a weak divided nation, riven by self-doubt.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #34371 on: Friday, March 19, 2021, 09:10:51 »

Small or far away?

I come from a land down-under
Flashheart

« Reply #34372 on: Friday, March 19, 2021, 09:32:27 »

Wonder why that might be?

I can't quite put my white finger on it...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #34373 on: Friday, March 19, 2021, 09:57:15 »

I saw that. Where was Jenrick sitting out of interest? I saw there was a framed picture of the queen and then a large union jack in the background which did look 'staged'

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #34374 on: Friday, March 19, 2021, 09:59:27 »

I saw that. Where was Jenrick sitting out of interest? I saw there was a framed picture of the queen and then a large union jack in the background which did look 'staged'

I think it was in his home. (I might be wrong)

Which makes it perfectly normal really because who wouldn't have a flag on display INSIDE their home? Next to a picture of her Maj. 
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #34375 on: Friday, March 19, 2021, 10:02:22 »

I think it was in his home. (I might be wrong)

Which makes it perfectly normal really because who wouldn't have a flag on display INSIDE their home? Next to a picture of her Maj. 

That's exactly what I was thinking. TBF, I don't think it was his house, certainly the room he was in looked a bit like a meeting room but perhaps it was.

Although in Ireland lots of people have pictures of Jesus in their homes for religious reasons. Perhaps Jenrick is a super royalist like that tosser Nick Witch-Hazel.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #34376 on: Friday, March 19, 2021, 10:12:08 »

Also the way they went for Naga Whasserface for laughing at what was clearly a lighthearted joke, more than the bloke who made it so that she had to do a grovelling "I apologise for not worshipping at the shrine of the holy flag" apology on Twitter. Wonder why that might be?

The whole way this has rolled out undermines everything the outraged patriots think that flag stands for. Shows a weak divided nation, riven by self-doubt.

Using 'whasserface' rather than the presenter's surname could perhaps be seen as a microagression.

Nothing to see here
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #34377 on: Friday, March 19, 2021, 10:20:20 »

no, it can be seen as being lazy in not googling the spelling , and cutting and pasting
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #34378 on: Friday, March 19, 2021, 10:20:47 »

Its Munchetty.

brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #34379 on: Friday, March 19, 2021, 11:24:16 »

Almost every time you see a government minister on tv, there’s a 🇬🇧 near or next to them. All ready for the May elections. Jenrick definitely top trumping with the queen on display
Pages: 1 ... 2289 2290 2291 [2292] 2293 2294 2295 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: