Pages: 1 ... 2292 2293 2294 [2295] 2296 2297 2298 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5093483 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #34410 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 14:20:54 »

The telephone preference service (I think that's what it is called) seemed to work for a few years but its basically pointless now!
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #34411 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 14:38:24 »

Indeed - TPS used to do the trick when UK telemarketing was 99% done from the UK, and reputable telemarketeers had to sign up to the TPS as an industry standard.  There was something similar for junk mail as well if I recall, can't remember its name.

Scroll forward 20 years and a bot in Ukraine/China/India/Etcland churn through phone books calling with no constraints.

Ho hum (again) - landline unplugged, am a happpy chappy...

...and it is nearly Friday  Pint

No one kills a thread like me....
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #34412 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 14:43:49 »

A parcel sent to me from the UK on the 4th March, being stuck in customs since the 9th March. Ah, the joys of Brexit

I come from a land down-under
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #34413 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 15:04:31 »

MPS is the mail one chunky

https://www.mpsonline.org.uk/#
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #34414 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 15:04:49 »

A parcel sent to me from the UK on the 4th March, being stuck in customs since the 9th March. Ah, the joys of Brexit

Speak to Audrey, he is still waiting for a package I sent him about 18 months ago Cheesy

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #34415 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 15:07:11 »

MPS is the mail one chunky

https://www.mpsonline.org.uk/#

That's the one, seem to recall registering with it years and years ago and it was crap  Sad

No one kills a thread like me....

Ignore
« Reply #34416 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 16:41:59 »

Working from home and realising the number of fucking scam out of area/unavailable/international calls I get in a day on the landline from "Sky", "Amazon", "BT" etc etc.
Bad Mood

Am losing the landline when current BT contract ends.

I've disconnected my home phone for this reason. Never use it anyway. Internet still works fine
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #34417 on: Friday, March 26, 2021, 14:47:21 »

Why don’t the police disperse the crowd outside that school in Batley.

Quick enough to wade into a load of women.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #34418 on: Friday, March 26, 2021, 14:54:15 »

Why don’t the police disperse the crowd outside that school in Batley.

Quick enough to wade into a load of women.

I was tempted to post something about this on the forum to get a discussion but you've done it already so I'll jump in on this as I've read similar questions Audrey.

My personal opinion is fear, plain and simple. Democratically, these people can protest peacefully and as of now, that is what they are doing. As far as I understand they are not being violent or abusive (happy to be corrected) and therefore I don't think the police can warrant attempting to move them on. Its a potential powder keg if this escalates into anything worse given that a fringe group of extremists are likely to latch onto this and make it a million times worse.

You do have to wonder what the teacher was thinking showing the Charlie Hebdo cartoon of Pro Moh to a class in a school that is 75% ethnic minority. Was he baiting? Or was he trying to open up a serious discussion about free speech etc? I hope things don't seriously escalate.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #34419 on: Friday, March 26, 2021, 14:58:15 »

I was thinking more about Covid. It’s obvious the police are taking a softly softly approach so as not to upset the local Muslim community. It’s intimidation, pure and simple.

Should be equality for all. No exceptions.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #34420 on: Friday, March 26, 2021, 15:06:11 »

I was thinking more about Covid. It’s obvious the police are taking a softly softly approach so as not to upset the local Muslim community. It’s intimidation, pure and simple.

Should be equality for all. No exceptions.

Yes true, bizarrely I hadn't given Covid a thought!!

As I said, I think the police are in fear as to what could happen if this turns ugly. But I do agree with you, rules are rules and should be adhered to by everyone.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #34421 on: Friday, March 26, 2021, 15:13:14 »

I imagine the staff in general, and that teacher in particular, are shit scared.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #34422 on: Friday, March 26, 2021, 15:45:43 »

Depends on the context he used it in I suppose. I don't think he should be sacked personally, probably a moment where he lacked some judgement but I seriously doubt the intentions were to offend. Kids get offended all the time anyway, my fiancee got a complaint because she was teaching about the theory of the patriarchy ffs.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #34423 on: Friday, March 26, 2021, 15:57:14 »

Doesn’t seem to matter what the context was, nobody should be in fear of their life over it.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #34424 on: Friday, March 26, 2021, 15:57:52 »

Certain musicians . Over the last 12 months with the majority on lock down they have had a chance to actually help a lot of people through social media and interacting etc but some can't be fucked but now the happy season is upon us they are all creeping out the wood work with something to plug. If i were a loyal fan of some of these i would be telling them to get fucked

Only a slightly annoying bug bear of mine
Pages: 1 ... 2292 2293 2294 [2295] 2296 2297 2298 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: