Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: MATCH DAY THREAD: Swindon Town vs. Shrewsbury Town  (Read 29082 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Sunday, May 8, 2016, 20:47:30 »

Will Henry certainly wasn't the MOTM in my eyes. However, his one-on-one impressed me mostly because he didn't have that much to do before that.

He's taken his opportunity of first team football brilliantly and given them something to think about.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Sunday, May 8, 2016, 20:49:04 »

I think he was awarded it for last week's performance but in front of home fans.

Nice gesture for the young fella
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Sunday, May 8, 2016, 20:50:05 »

I thought Brophy was probably my MOM.  Definitely a decent player in there.

Never knowingly overstated.
Paul Mason

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Sunday, May 8, 2016, 21:06:33 »

Not a great season but loads of positives today

Pitch looked very good for an end of season pitch, good healthy crowd, the goalie Henry looks a very good prospect, Nathan looked good in that right side position, Kasim although im not a big fan played well give him his due and great to see the young boys come on and Young score a good goal

Didnt see Power in the stands, maybe he was busy recruiting for next season  Sad Cheesy Hmmm Eek as he needs to get it right over the coming months as i would hope we dont go through a similar season next time round as it hasnt been that enjoyable give or take the odd game or two

Looking forward to some local derbies though after missing them for a few years
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Sunday, May 8, 2016, 21:10:10 »

Certainly be some spicy games next season. Not as exciting as Melksham v Calne Casuals though obviously.
ekarot

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Sunday, May 8, 2016, 21:23:28 »

Yawn each to their own .Thought this was a 80% bollocks forum
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Sunday, May 8, 2016, 21:36:12 »

And you still felt the need to up it?

Proper enjoyed today. Decent crowd, good performance, good result, beautiful day.
I also thought Brophy was very good today, though no one was particularly bad bar Rodgers. I don't berate him even half as much as some do on here but he was so bad I laughed a few times. Loved seeing bits of the old Kasim!

Shrewsbury survived the drop though.. Fucking hell, shows how grim the teams that went down were

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Sunday, May 8, 2016, 21:46:52 »

I watched Fulham v Bolton yesterday and I can't imagine they're likely to do a Wigan, they were dreadful and Heskey started up front for them. Their squad is ancient.

My advice to everyone is to enjoy the summer and expect little next season, you might be pleasantly surprised.
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Sunday, May 8, 2016, 22:28:19 »

I'm not renewing my season ticket, I've no faith in "No Power" or "Luke Warm", a couple of London spivs and not giving my hard earnt cash to a couple of wide boys.
Today proved two things to me.
One, the system works a treat if you are up against garbage or a team on their holidays and
second, the attendance really does prove "eat shit a billion flies can't be wrong.
Next season, away games only for me plus the piss stains and gas at home, cant miss them even if the cash goes straight to Power.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Sunday, May 8, 2016, 23:01:22 »

To all the moaning groaning whining people that are allegedly fans .Pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaasseee stop moaning about stfc coops lee power and everything else . My 1st game 1975 v Sheffield wed same division as now same size crowd .Not masses of progress you may think but I have had some wonderful times with this club if you are real fans you support through thick and thin ( lots of thin too ) .Sky and the prem have destroyed the working mans love for the game ( prawn sarnies and all that ) but at our level of football and size of our club we still have the most important ingredient and that's being a fan of our local club ( and able to get tickets too )So come on people sing chant and support your club over the next few games then at least we can all say we gave it our best and have no regrets .Oh and as for the adver I know you want to sell papers but you really wonder why lee power is pissed ? Seriously if you wrote that type of headline about me I would send Danny dyer around asap !  
Oh and Karl club stealing Robinson you would do the same to fuck us up . We didn't break the rules and coops has stfc s interest at heart not yours yo smarmy twat .........

Red army Come on you Reds
So youve become exactly what you were 'moaining' about.... One average season and you're done!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Sunday, May 8, 2016, 23:08:52 »

I thought the first half was shite.

Town replicating Man City in midweek, lots of play and passing and getting no where.

Pen was a gift and dispatched perfectly by Ajose.

Second half was a different story and we should and could of got 5 or 6.

Youngins looked good, which is worrying as Power probably thinks the squad is fit for purpose.

That's said Shrews were shite and disinterested unlike a fair number of their fans that made the trip down.

Season binned and it can well and truly fuck off.

Lingy and Ajose saved us from a dogfight this season and for that I'm grateful.

No doubt Ajose and Kasim won't kick another ball for us.

Very few highlights indeed as I only went away three times and the home stuff hasn't been great.

Doughty v Millwall I will never forget....

No ST for me next season after 8 years (I think) on the bounce.

I will match Powers commitment... Going to games deciding as and when I put my hand in my pocket.

Had a chat at half time with the lads and less home games and a few more away day piss ups is on the cards for next season.

All a bit meh from me and concerned about next season.

Hope I'm proved wrong and this post is shoved up my arse this time next season.

Clems Army!
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 05:59:59 »

Blimey only 5 pages on a mtd .No wonder I have defected totally to melksham town .A new stadium all youth teams to play on the same site ,you can have a beer whilst watching the game and we have a total community club with local people running it for no financial gain.There is no playing budget at present and won the league last year and beat Salisbury ( Billy big bollocks ) at this level in the county cup .Carry on Lee power but one day everyone will see the light and stop supporting your financial puppy .
See ya mate.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 06:04:31 »

A nice sunny day, 3 points, promising display from 3 local lads, a fair crowd, quality finish from Ajose, class from Kasim, quality and commitment from Nathan T and Obika, finally some end product from Brophy. Sure Shrewsbury were half hearted but had Henry not made such an outstanding save at 2 nil they could have been right back in it. So whats not to like? Some will get sold? Sure they will just like Rogers, Parkin, Mayes, Shearer, Luongo, Horlock, Austin, Eastoe, McLoughlin, Byrne et al. As long as replacements consist of Premier League promise rather than Oxford City cast offs then next season with some decent local fiixtures promises to be much better than this one.

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
Benzel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #88 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 06:05:11 »

Williams said one of the French boys will be back next year, here's hoping it's Robert.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 06:06:19 »

Lets hope its not Balmy

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: