Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: MATCH DAY THREAD: Swindon Town vs. Shrewsbury Town  (Read 28903 times)
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 07:26:52 »

Blimey only 5 pages on a mtd .No wonder I have defected totally to melksham town .A new stadium all youth teams to play on the same site ,you can have a beer whilst watching the game and we have a total community club with local people running it for no financial gain.There is no playing budget at present and won the league last year and beat Salisbury ( Billy big bollocks ) at this level in the county cup .Carry on Lee power but one day everyone will see the light and stop supporting your financial puppy .

There is something pathetically insecure about people who post pieces like this.  I stopped watching speedway years ago but I've never felt the need to post on their forum justifying my decision, urging others to do the same, or hoping that the club folds.  This sad desire to get public endorsement of one's own actions usually says more about the poster than the audience.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #91 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 07:29:34 »

People such as yourself really need to grow up and stop acting like spoilt little kids!
This season has been no different to 90% of our history! In our whole existence we've only ever spent 19 seasons above this level so I continue to find it perplexing why people think we have some god given right to be challenging every season!
Spot on.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 07:58:15 »

Yes I too will not go because Power doesn't spend any money.

Except on debt.

And Luongo, Smith, Byrne, Obika, Gladwin.

You'll be back as soon as we start winning you fickle cunts. Until then, yes, starving the club (that runs at a loss) of income makes absolute perfect sense.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #93 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 08:54:01 »

Lets hope its not Balmy

Balmy signed a one year contract in September 2015, the other two signed one year deals in June 2015, so don't get your hopes up.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 08:55:23 »

That's fair comment, but there are also posters who berate the likes of ekarot who themselves choose not to go when they could easily do so if they so wish.

Hypocrites.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 08:56:37 »

Yes I too will not go because Power doesn't spend any money.

Except on debt.

And Luongo, Smith, Byrne, Obika, Gladwin.

You'll be back as soon as we start winning you fickle cunts. Until then, yes, starving the club (that runs at a loss) of income makes absolute perfect sense.

And the training ground. But that doesn't matter to some as long as their sense of self importance is shared to all and sundry, who in the main don't give a fuck. To be fair it has polarised a few, and is a subject we wont know much about until we look back. The naysayers may be right, but to keep on banging out every unsubstantiated thought as a fact is very very tedious, as is having to keep responding to them. I'm glad the seasons over and I can avoid logging on for a couple of months, it's drained me far more than an average season has all this saucepan banging.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 08:59:18 »

No ST for me next season after 8 years (I think) on the bounce.

I will match Powers commitment... Going to games deciding as and when I put my hand in my pocket.
You're going to underwrite a 6 figure operating loss (caused in part by declining revenue from fans choosing to stay away), spend futher 6 figure sums on players and commit to building a training ground? Superb, good on you! Wish I could afford to match your commitment
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 09:02:43 »

So youve become exactly what you were 'moaining' about.... One average season and you're done!

That is pretty funny!!

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 09:09:47 »

Balmy signed a one year contract in September 2015, the other two signed one year deals in June 2015, so don't get your hopes up.
I would guess Balmy's contract will still expire at the end of June. Doubt he'll be given a deal that runs out 2 months into a season but this is STFC I guess.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 09:13:25 »

You're going to underwrite a 6 figure operating loss (caused in part by declining revenue from fans choosing to stay away), spend futher 6 figure sums on players and commit to building a training ground? Superb, good on you! Wish I could afford to match your commitment

Yeah but what has Power ever done for us?
Costanza

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #100 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 09:19:06 »

Williams said one of the French boys will be back next year, here's hoping it's Robert.

The second-hand quotes used by the Adver state...

“Discussions have got to be had regarding the futures of the boys.

“I think it’s fair to say they won’t all be back here.

“There is a possibility that we may see at least one of the boys back at the County Ground potentially.”

Williams is fence sitting. I guess we'll have to wait for the retained list, which won't be far away.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 09:23:05 »

Traore would be my guess although we have a 1 year option on Robert which we may take up I would have thought. I thought Robert looked good at the start of the season. Certainly very creative.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 09:58:40 »

Yeah but what has Power ever done for us?
Well, there's the aqueducts ...
Panda Paws

« Reply #103 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 09:59:31 »

Just guessing here, but has Robert been in the cold because he's one appearance away from triggering that option? Or is the option for us only...

Either way, none of them have done enough to stick around for me - average low-end League 1 players with zero resale value. Much rather we went after a couple of exciting players from L2/Conference level...
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 10:05:40 »

Well, there's the aqueducts ...

Called drainage these days, and they will be using special, I say special sand for it. Special to some will be COD from the local traveller camp i'm sure.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: