Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: MATCH DAY THREAD: Swindon Town vs. Shrewsbury Town  (Read 28858 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Sunday, May 8, 2016, 15:19:22 »

window opens July 1st
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #46 on: Sunday, May 8, 2016, 15:20:59 »

Shrewsbury were in holiday mode and offered little but thankfully our lads wanted to win and played like it. Nice to go away with a win, a good performance and knowing I won't be back until August  Smiley
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Sunday, May 8, 2016, 15:24:45 »

Well Shrewsbury join Chesterfield in the worst team I have seen this season award. However it was a nothing game so they can be excused.

We dominated possession as we normally do but created so much more today. Blatant penalty smashed in by Ajose broke the brittle resistance and second half we completely dominated.
A great finish by Ajose after dithering defence by the Shrews and then we hit the woodwork twice before young Young scored neatly after superb work by Brophy.

Overall a good end to what has been a bit of a stagnant season.

Brophy was my man of the match today but thought the team played well as a unit against pretty feeble opposition. Kasim was back to his best today, hopefully we see him again in a Swindon shirt. Young looked tricky and Obika was imperious as always and should have scored after a good move.

Now for a break and to see what recruitment we make in the summer. Would love to sign Doughty on a permanent.

Final comment on Obika giving his shirt to the fella in the wheelchair and Doughty for giving his boots to the little kid with Down syndrome. His little face was priceless.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, May 8, 2016, 16:02:05 »

Not picking on you here wooly, but I've lost count of the amount of people who have said this recently and, in fact, do every year. It never happens, it's not us. We wait until the last possible moment to get the cheapest deal possible.

[Be thrilled to have this thrown back in my face, fwiw]
You're talking about what has happened and Wooly is talking about what needs to happen and to be fair, he's right. You can't be just getting your squad sorted out at the end of August, you need to be doing that a month earlier. Power's no mug and hopefully he will do his best to rectify that.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, May 8, 2016, 16:41:30 »

Our passing football was lovely to watch and the whole team kept going well on a warm day.  Brophy had a terrific game, my MOM.

ust be the oldest
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Sunday, May 8, 2016, 16:50:15 »

Strangely enjoyed that - especially the 2nd half. Shrews were total shite, mind and their GK was dreadful with his kicking.

2 things stood out for me - Nathan and Brophy must be first choice wingbacks. Very impressed with Brophy although he is easily outmuscled. The other thing is how important Ajose and Obika are - be almost impossible to find a better front 2 at this level.

What more is there to say about Rodgers. Overhit every corner and apart from the short passes gave the ball away every time.

Good to see less fannying about at the back and no short corners - see Rodgers above.

As  for next season it's more about who stays then who comes.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Sunday, May 8, 2016, 17:02:11 »

You're talking about what has happened and Wooly is talking about what needs to happen and to be fair, he's right. You can't be just getting your squad sorted out at the end of August, you need to be doing that a month earlier. Power's no mug and hopefully he will do his best to rectify that.

The call of what needs to happen occurs every year though and is popping up a fair bit now. I gather we've got "players lined up" but even then, I am sceptical. And based on history I think I'm right to be sceptical.

Nice to be debating a more trivial matter!

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Sunday, May 8, 2016, 17:07:08 »

Surely, any players we've got lined up are ones already at the club on loan. Plus that Goddard from Woking.

JSW will be here, Turnbull most probably, Doughty hopefully.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Sunday, May 8, 2016, 17:39:11 »

The call of what needs to happen occurs every year though and is popping up a fair bit now. I gather we've got "players lined up" but even then, I am sceptical. And based on history I think I'm right to be sceptical.

Nice to be debating a more trivial matter!

Yeah it gets called every year and not happened but I think playing the way we do players need more time than previously had.
Hopefully when Power said he had a couple lined up that wasn't just to keep fans happy but a reality.

Pint here's to moaning about the England team not town for a while.

Flashheart

« Reply #54 on: Sunday, May 8, 2016, 17:46:47 »

We got business done early in 2010/2011...
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Sunday, May 8, 2016, 17:48:06 »

Highlights

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/10274717/swindon-3-0-shrewsbury
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Sunday, May 8, 2016, 17:53:46 »

Evans had nothing to do but made an amazing save from a one on one.

Does that clean sheet mean we haven't broke the rubbish home clean sheet record Reg is always banging on about??

Things get better but they never get good
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Sunday, May 8, 2016, 17:54:45 »

Think you mean Henry Wink Dunno about the clean sheet thing think we equalled it.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Sunday, May 8, 2016, 18:01:11 »

Think you mean Henry Wink Dunno about the clean sheet thing think we equalled it.

Equalled it...with three different goalkeepers having one clean sheet each.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Sunday, May 8, 2016, 18:10:19 »

So, and I can't remember who started the rumour, but does the lack of Robert, Balmy, Traore show that at someone was right about them having gone back already?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: