Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: MATCH DAY THREAD: Swindon Town vs. Shrewsbury Town  (Read 28897 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 11:40:44 »

Just guessing here, but has Robert been in the cold because he's one appearance away from triggering that option? Or is the option for us only...

Either way, none of them have done enough to stick around for me - average low-end League 1 players with zero resale value. Much rather we went after a couple of exciting players from L2/Conference level...

Recent weeks Williams has kept mentioning about Robert and niggling injuries and his lack of fitness - I'd be inclined to keep Traore I think he has shown in patches he can be decent so another season for him may be benficial
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 11:43:12 »

Recent weeks Williams has kept mentioning about Robert and niggling injuries and his lack of fitness - I'd be inclined to keep Traore I think he has shown in patches he can be decent so another season for him may be benficial
Traore seems to have a very high opinion of his own playing abilities.

Sent from my MotoG3
ekarot

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 12:15:22 »

Thanks for all your valuable comments on my post over a year ago.Tipping point is the training ground set up and blatant money making by power(loans with interest and selling players to pay himself back .Absolutely nothing illegal  about any of that as Lee p can do whatever he wants with this business I just don't feel there is any progress plan that a fan can get excited about as its all about power getting his money back (in my insecure opinion anyway ).I hope I am wrong and will never change my opinion ever again.Hypocrite?Turncoat?Disloyal? Minds made up already but the whole match day experience for me has gone so won't miss much anyway.Oh and thanks for reading this and feel free to fire the bullets while you still have the passion to do so
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 12:21:26 »

Thanks for all your valuable comments on my post over a year ago.Tipping point is the training ground set up and blatant money making by power(loans with interest and selling players to pay himself back .Absolutely nothing illegal  about any of that as Lee p can do whatever he wants with this business I just don't feel there is any progress plan that a fan can get excited about as its all about power getting his money back (in my insecure opinion anyway ).I hope I am wrong and will never change my opinion ever again.Hypocrite?Turncoat?Disloyal? Minds made up already but the whole match day experience for me has gone so won't miss much anyway.Oh and thanks for reading this and feel free to fire the bullets while you still have the passion to do so

More comebacks than Sinatra.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 12:41:59 »

Absolutely nothing in your post is factual based on any evidence. Loans with interest hey? seen the full accounts then have you as never seen interest mentioned anywhere! The training ground a tipping point, our own facility on peppercorn rent is really bad news isn't it?!

As others have said if next season we are successful many of moaners will be back. Far too many attention seekers who want to be able to say 'told you so' on the off chance they are right.

Anyway goodbye then!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 12:43:12 »

You're going to underwrite a 6 figure operating loss (caused in part by declining revenue from fans choosing to stay away), spend futher 6 figure sums on players and commit to building a training ground? Superb, good on you! Wish I could afford to match your commitment

You cherry picked and missed the point.

I don't like or dislike Power but thankful the club is run better than before. But that's got fuck all to do with my view of the pitch and that's what I'm alluding too.

It's just that since the Wembley no show,the buzz hasn't returned for me and Cooper telling me we played well when you could see from space that we were shit didn't help...at least that prick has gone.

Last minute.com deals don't inspire me as a great plan. Away at Newport in the JPT we struggled to get a team..... If people think that's ok...ok... I disagree.

Saying that I went to every home match on my ST bar four through work commitments. I'm just not prepared to do it again and pick and choose.

I will be there this coming season more often than not.

I'm not encouraging anybody to follow what I'm doing or insulting those that have signed up for a new ST. It's just the way I feel.

Say what you want....my loyalty and commitment previously was at a high level....I completed the 92 in December and did over 75 following the Town and I can assure you that some of those seasons I went knowing we would get dicked but still felt excited...this season has just left me feeling underwhelmed and only three away showings for me...

I hope my attitude changes.

Clems Army!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #111 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 12:47:00 »

So you've not done the 92 with Town then?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 12:49:10 »

No.... 75 with the Town.

Then various on my travels.

Reading was my least favourite!!!

Clems Army!
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 12:54:35 »

To be fair that would be impossible as there are 6 grounds in the 92 that didn't exist last time we last played them:

Man City
Arsenal
Brighton
Cardiff
Derby
Barnet
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 13:16:12 »

It was a tongue in check pisstake tbf. But thanks for the huuuuggge bite. FWIW, not for me to judge whether people want to go to games or not, each to their own.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #115 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 13:36:09 »

Power just isn't exciting enough for the fans. What we need is a Brady/Blatchley/Donegan type consortium who can promise loads of stuff but leave us in the shit 4 months later when everyone has realised it was another false dawn.

Maybe Cliff Puffett could publicly declare we're a sleeping giant waiting to be unleashed.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 13:38:01 »

I don't like or dislike Power but thankful the club is run better than before. But that's got fuck all to do with my view of the pitch and that's what I'm alluding too.

It's just that since the Wembley no show,the buzz hasn't returned for me and Cooper telling me we played well when you could see from space that we were shit didn't help...at least that prick has gone.

Last minute.com deals don't inspire me as a great plan. Away at Newport in the JPT we struggled to get a team..... If people think that's ok...ok... I disagree.

Saying that I went to every home match on my ST bar four through work commitments. I'm just not prepared to do it again and pick and choose.

I will be there this coming season more often than not.

I'm not encouraging anybody to follow what I'm doing or insulting those that have signed up for a new ST. It's just the way I feel.

Say what you want....my loyalty and commitment previously was at a high level....I completed the 92 in December and did over 75 following the Town and I can assure you that some of those seasons I went knowing we would get dicked but still felt excited...this season has just left me feeling underwhelmed and only three away showings for me...

I hope my attitude changes.

Its a fair summary of probably how 90% feel, then you have the mainly massive negative 10% that shout all the time about vague stuff. No one should ever be shouted down about not getting a season ticket, or even missing a year or few due to work/family. But get winning and everyone will go at some point, which is the key for most, then the rest of the squabbling will cease. Gonna be interesting this summer for sure. Will only take one iffy signing to set people off Smiley
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 13:39:48 »

People really don't choose to stay away because of the owner. It's always been if the product on the pitch is shite.

Always has been.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 13:42:15 »

People really don't choose to stay away because of the owner. It's always been if the product on the pitch is shite.

Always has been.

Obviously some do though according to some posts. Wonder what would have happened years ago if there was the internet, and our 8k crowds when the ground was full were analysed?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 13:46:25 »

But you had some 'fans' saying they wouldn't go because of PdC.

Why not just come out and say 'I can't be arsed anymore'.

I've been fed up enough this season to swerve quite a few games, but for me it all starts afresh in August.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: