Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fuck off Atkinson  (Read 13277 times)
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 01:31:32 »

that's it

you're gonna get smoked yizzeard

officially blacker than the night.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 04:27:52 »

Well according to the sun and the BBC, Atkinson is not just presenting the program, he's going to take on a management role here too alongside Iffy.

The sun are saying there will be an official announcement tomorrow....

Shamed Atkinson gets job

By ANTHONY FRANCE
DISGRACED soccer boss Ron Atkinson, sacked from a TV job over a racist jibe, is making a comeback — working for a black manager.

The ex-Manchester United and Aston Villa boss is taking a consultant’s role at League One’s bottom club Swindon alongside their manager Iffy Onuora.

Atkinson, 66, lost his job as an ITV pundit after he was heard insulting ex-Chelsea star Marcel Desailly in April last year.

Swindon are due to make an official announcement tomorrow.

Last night Atkinson said: “It’ll be great to be back at a football club. It’s been a long time.”

Swindon’s deputy chairman Mark Devlin said: “We hope Ron’s experience and contacts will help us.”

Atkinson estimates he has lost £1million of business as a result of the Desailly comment.

And the BBC....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swindon_town/4563400.stm

Bit surprised to be honest if this is true.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 04:31:18 »

Could be a publicity stunt for the program.

Lets see what the politically correct lads have to say about this

For what its worth as long as its ok with Iffy its alright with me. Cheesy

/
W56196272
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 04:51:27 »

Here's the link:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005600251,00.html

To be honest I don't have a problem with it, in fact I think it's a good thing. Although I'd rather it was Gazza Cool, Ron has managed some big clubs and taken teams to 2nd and 3rd in the top flight and won the league and fa cups a few times so his experience could come in very useful in keeping us up even if he's said some bad things in the past.

Word on the street is he starts in the job tomorrow....we shall see.
Danjackson10

« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 06:41:32 »

just seen this on the bbc national news! nothing on the official website
Sussex

« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 07:57:12 »

Quote from: "Danjackson10"
just seen this on the bbc national news! nothing on the official website

Also just seen this on BBC news.. and they mentioned the 'racist remark' stuff in the link. This thread's only gone and made the national news Shocked

The BBC researchers obviously read the TEF for the hot bed of topical football issues that are discussed  Cheesy
Spencer_White

« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 08:34:43 »

The other day at work the computer went wrong and I said 'aahh thats fucking gay' at it. Now in 50 years time the way things are going Im willing to bet that statement will be almost as taboo as what big ron said. No one at work batted an eyelid. I have nothing against homosexuals, I am not homophobic. Im pretty ashamed I said that. But it is something from my childhood I said without even thinking.

I thought he was comming just as part of the Sky show. But if hes comming in a football capacity he has got a sackfull of contacts in the game who would be willing to help him out.
Spencer_White

« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 08:37:20 »

Oh and lumpimynci (shit username BTW)

Fuck off newbie.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 09:06:50 »

As far as I am concerned, actions speak a lot louder than words. It is therefore highly ironic that some one who arguably did more than anyone else of his generation in giving the opportunity to black footballers to establish themselves in top flight football at a time when black players were a relative rarity has now been branded a racist.

Before the self righteous do gooders get their flags and banners out and start picketing, perhaps messrs Regis and Batson should be asked what they think of Big Ron.  I reckon that they, along with the late Laurie Cunningham, would more likely describe him as the biggest influence on their careers rather than a racist. And most importantly, let's hear what Iffy has to say about it. If anyone has the right to be outraged then it's him.
lumpimynci

« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 09:08:57 »

OOOOOOOOOOOh get her!

Spencer, for chrisake if you read my post back you'll realise at no time did I have a pop at you.

My main point was that in all the talk about this talented pundit being robbed of his career we were missing a central point.

He was actually quite shit. There's a reason why the fast show's Ron Manager was called Ron you know, and he's it.

I don't really care if he presents this TV programme, and I wouldn't picket the ground or stage a demonstration over it.

To get all serious about it, race is one of those things that people have different opinions about. Ron's a racist, i.e. he regards someones race as being intrinsic to the make up of their personality and their behaviour, (Dessailly was not a lazy bastard, he was a lazy nigger, a very old fashioned racial stereotype), but he's not a fascist. He's not seeking to attack black people or advocating other people do. He's just deeply ignorant. So fuck him.

I wouldn't want to go for a pint with him but then I'm sure the feeling would be mutual.

I'm sure if he steps out of line again Iffy can handle it.

And Spencer - Why be so unfriendly? How are you ever going to make friends?
lumpimynci

« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 09:18:11 »

OST

From what I remember a range of black players who'd played under Ron were asked about it at the time of the incident, including Regis and Batson. I think Regis was a bit more understanding but Batson I'm pretty sure has some role with the PFA and was more than a little dissappionted with him. It was through some of these interviews that the rumours of him using inappropriate racial language to black players in training started, I don't know why but Dalian Atkinsons name comes to mind?

I'm sure Reg will remember it all and be able to quote every player interviewed.
lumpimynci

« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 09:20:33 »

Oh and Village I can only apologise.

Apparently you're not the only one fooled by BFR's combover. It has also fooled the otherwise infallible Reg.
Asher

« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 09:33:22 »

To be fair - spencers remarks have a very valid point, my dad does business with people who are black and still calls them by the names he was brought up with (blacks, darkies and nig nogs) he isnt one bit racist tho, that was the talk on the estate he was brought up with.

If some twats on here start a picket line meaning the club fails to keep there side of teh contract (which will incur thousands of pounds in compo) I swear now I will go mental, I really wouldnt give a fuck.  People who dont see the bigger picture here really are short sighted

The club needs this exposure, ok so he made a mistake big deal, how many people on here have made a mistake, I put my hand up I have many times both in my business and personal life.

Big Ron may well have teh tactical knowledge that iffy doesnt and if he keeps us up I will shake the big mans hand and wish him well.  

Really fucking stop all this shit.  This website is fucking stupid at times, really is.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 09:36:01 »

hmm he is now here in some sort of management capacity, I bet thats why Sky picked us.

'Will give you £xxx to Ron on board and let us film you'

My only worry is, the first thing big ron does is to bring in Carlton Palmer.... Crying
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 10:05:47 »

There is a 3 page spread in the Daily Mail  :shock:  :shock:

i don't think we've ever had more than a paragraph in that paper!!

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: