Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fuck off Atkinson  (Read 13180 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 11:23:02 »

going on what adje said, at least this debates makes a change from the norm....on that note:

KING OUT!  Wink
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 11:31:56 »

Putting the racism issue aside, as most people seem to have pretty definite opinions on that and are unlikely to be swayed from whatever their viewpoint is:

I'm all for getting BR in on a consutlancy basis or whatever you want to call it.  I think his experience could be invaluable and he would I am sure, provide some useful input for Iffy but that's a far as I would want it to go.  

Carlton Palmer?  No thanks.

Big Ron and Jug Ears (that's not racist BTW Wink ) as the long term management solution for STFC? I would give it 6 months max. I hope Reg's sources have got it wrong on this occasion.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 11:33:26 »

Quote from: "adje"
Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
As far as I am concerned, actions speak a lot louder than words. It is therefore highly ironic that some one who arguably did more than anyone else of his generation in giving the opportunity to black footballers to establish themselves in top flight football at a time when black players were a relative rarity has now been branded a racist.

Before the self righteous do gooders get their flags and banners out and start picketing, perhaps messrs Regis and Batson should be asked what they think of Big Ron.  I reckon that they, along with the late Laurie Cunningham, would more likely describe him as the biggest influence on their careers rather than a racist. And most importantly, let's hear what Iffy has to say about it. If anyone has the right to be outraged then it's him.

The American Right used to label Bill Hicks as "a self-righteous do-gooder"

Well that's irony for you Cool

Oh yes, and I agree this is is the best thread that's been on here for a long long time.
Compo

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 12:37:33 »

Latest from Skysports

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=348468&cpid=11&CLID=&lid=5&title=Iffy+plays+down+Big+Ron+role&channel=league_1
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 12:38:36 »

so he is doing nowt here?
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #95 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 12:55:40 »

Quote from: "Compo"

looking at that i don't think there has been clear communication between iffy ron and sky?

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
DerbyRed

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 12:59:47 »

In one of the links didn't Devlin say something that insinuated (sp?) Big Ron would be advising in some capacity?  I get the impression that Ron will be around the club pretty much all day everyday so will probably give Iffy advice whether thats his role or not!!

We need Mark D to come on here and clarify the situation!!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 13:08:24 »

Sky want some action for their dollar....expect to see Iffy walk when BR starts poking his nose in where its not wanted....that will enable CP to be brought in....the more farcical it becomes the better for them.

Person the pickets....even Asher must see it makes sense.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 13:52:46 »

My reading of the situation is that he is employed as the front man for the TV show, and to do that he will need to be around the club a lot.  In that time he is available for us to pick his brains, should there be any left, on any matter we so desire.   That sort of is an Advisory Role, but not an official one with the club.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 14:25:01 »

I agree with you Rob. I think he is here for the TV show and if anybody at the clubs asks for advice he will be there
Melksham Red

« Reply #100 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 14:51:25 »

I don't like any of this at all. I can see the club being a laughing stock through this. All this is going to do at the moment is disrupt Iffy and the players right when were starting to pick up.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 14:57:13 »

I think a lot of it will look behind the scenes, its not like they are filming "Where Iffy Is Going Wrong" or anything like that
adje

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 16:23:05 »

Quote from: "Melksham Red"
I don't like any of this at all. I can see the club being a laughing stock through this. All this is going to do at the moment is disrupt Iffy and the players right when were starting to pick up.

I agree 100%

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Mark Hanrahan

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 16:23:47 »

I get the impression it's as much about getting the club back up on it's feet as it is about tactics and performance on the pitch. I would imagine the playing aspect will provide a very interesting supporting-plot to the window on the off pitch action.

The bottom line is that Iffy has got the lad's tails up and I'm relatively confident we'll pull clear of trouble well before end of May. Sky will obviously spin this as being down to Ron's input and dress the commentary up acordingly to make the current walking PR disaster seem more like a 'white knight'... if you errr... pardon the pun.

"Great save, Digby."
adje

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 16:40:37 »

Love the avatar Reg!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: