Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fuck off Atkinson  (Read 13181 times)
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 17:56:30 »

what's wrong with gollywogs?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 18:02:56 »

Quote from: "ron dodgers"

The wog bit is dropped these days Ron.

Read about the loss of the Robertson's jam golly here....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/netnotes/article/0,6729,541371,00.html

Will a mummified version of Ron Atkinson end up in the Jim Crow Museum of Racist Memorabilia?
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 18:19:08 »

oh - sorry Reg - I suppose me Black and White Minstrels "Best of" DVD is right out
oh the innocence of childhood is swiftly lost!
Spencer_White

« Reply #108 on: Thursday, December 29, 2005, 12:38:26 »

My childish insults in this thread have taken away from my valid points. In a moment of peace making I would just like to say I have been a cunt in this thread.  Cheesy

I get angry with people who judge someone for the rest of their lives over one incident. I feel very sorry for Ron Atkinson. He is a ruined man in some respects.

But the mention of Carlton Palmer makes me think this isnt such a good idea after all!
DMR

« Reply #109 on: Thursday, December 29, 2005, 12:41:10 »

If we get Carlton Palmer on board I will continually shout racist abuse in an attmept to make him fuck off.
Asher

« Reply #110 on: Thursday, December 29, 2005, 12:42:04 »

It would ruin our other song....ron atkinsons white army

(Adje thats a joke)
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Saturday, January 7, 2006, 01:46:50 »

Quote from: "Asher"
To be fair - spencers remarks have a very valid point, my dad does business with people who are black and still calls them by the names he was brought up with (blacks, darkies and nig nogs) he isnt one bit racist tho, that was the talk on the estate he was brought up with.

hmmm this was one of ron's excuses though.

the question being whether "oh i grew up using those words" is a valid excuse.

i'd say no, certainly not. you can stop if you want to, so its definitely still racist. and i disagree that he's not "one bit racist" if he's using those words still. its racist terminology, whether he agrees with the motive behind the words or not.

like spencer says, soon it will be taboo to say "ah fucking gay", and rightly so really, there's no logic behind those kind of statements
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Saturday, January 7, 2006, 02:25:23 »

Quote from: "ron dodgers"

Golly gee ! Golly gosh ! Don't call me your Gollywog !'

NMH

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
flammableBen

« Reply #113 on: Saturday, January 7, 2006, 02:29:05 »

The inportant thing is the intent of a comment and the way it's said. Something like "one of my housemates is black" is probably ok, but using it as a negative with the indication on the fact it's a part of the cause isn't. So in something like "that fucking black cunt" the  adjective 'black' is being used as a derogatory term with other adjectives. But something like "I've got a black mate called Fred, he's a bit of a dumb cunt" sepperates the racial desciption from the insult.

Fuck knows what I'm on about, that's either the cleverist or stupidist thing I've written on alcohol. It may be somewhere in the middle.

A quick summery... Intent of comments can often be made out my the way descriptive racial adjectives our used. Fucking Jews.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Saturday, January 7, 2006, 02:33:16 »

thats true ben, but i think saying "oh my mate dave's a really good bloke, he's that coon over there" isn't acceptable either

so theres got to be some balance between your choice of words and their use
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Saturday, January 7, 2006, 04:48:06 »

My mate Dave actually is black so there. And he is a really good bloke. And if anyone has a problem with that he looks exactly like Michael Essien but bigger so watch the fuck out honkies.
Dazzza

« Reply #116 on: Saturday, January 7, 2006, 18:45:32 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

Will a mummified version of Ron Atkinson end up in the Jim Crow Museum of Racist Memorabilia?

Is that in the States?

I'm sure thre was a documentary where he actually visitited the museum and made a crack pot comment.  

It was all about Big Ron going to the deep south to prove he's not really a proper racist.  He came out looking like an old woman not really malicious but really doesn't know any better and is to old to grasp the concept of what he' saying and why it's offensive.

I've got loads of Muslim mates I have...

Spud

« Reply #117 on: Sunday, January 8, 2006, 01:08:39 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
My mate Dave actually is black so there. And he is a really good bloke. And if anyone has a problem with that he looks exactly like Michael Essien but bigger so watch the fuck out honkies.

Ive seen Essien's challenges now im scared!.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Thursday, February 9, 2006, 10:58:49 »

I was right all along!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
louavo

« Reply #119 on: Thursday, February 9, 2006, 11:35:43 »

Quote from: "Edinburgh_STFC"
If Blacks can call each other niggers, I don't see a problem with Whites doing it also.  :twisted:

When whites say it, we say niggers, when blacks say it to each other or sing about each other, they say niggas, apparently there is a difference with one version being somehow respectful and the other being racist.

According to Tupac Shakur anyway.

Tupac - ressurection, make an effort to watch it some day.  Cool
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: