Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: TrustSTFC - direction & AGM  (Read 28921 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 16:26:24 »

Without knowing, I’d hazard a guess no females put themselves forward.

Indeed - hence my post.  A lot of hard work needs to be done in rationalising what the Trust is aiming for, and then in expanding the membership base and seeking new talent to get involved.  It should not just be about the Board either, there should be plenty of opportunities for Volunteer roles to support the Trust towards it's aims.  That way you can go out and market for the right talent to get involved, and those people may be ready for a Board role next time around.

There is no reason, with some form of representation or ownership as the primary goal, that the Trust can't be looking to get towards 4k+ as it's membership base.  For reference, that's what Wrexham had before the takeover, I believe.  Not saying it would be easy though.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 16:29:18 »

Talent is the word. I’d hope that only people who thought they could make a difference have put themselves forward.

Shoehorning people in isnt what’s needed.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 16:32:23 »

Drummer, given your an existing board member who as we have previously highlighted dissed the org you volunteer for, what have you learnt from this experience which makes you think you wont do the same again and attack your own organisation. Maybe I am missing something but given you have been with the board along with 1 other re standing why have you not undertaken the key items you highlighted in your blurb and on here before? Sometimes when an organisation such as the trust has seen such issues as they have in the last year in my view its better to have a complete restart from scratch. I guess what I am saying is you want to res-stand but you were part of the old regime that in your blurb seem to suggest failed the fans for 2 years and you stated a lot was wrong, but why didn't you do something about that as a board member? Why should people vote for you to remain when this occurred. I am not being harsh just trying to work out your side of things.
Looking at the statements and profile of people i cant agree with your statement on the backgrounds and suitability, you have a group of men, no ladies or anyone from more diverse backgrounds so struggling to see how the new board will provide a better diverse position?

Are you one of those standing Mr 2024?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 16:40:35 »

Nah James stood down

Things get better but they never get good
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 16:41:59 »

Are you one of those standing Mr 2024?

I dont think the response to interrogating candidates needs to automatically go to, 'well why are you not standing' everytime, its hardly the way to have proper debate.

If that is what this candidate did previously then i think it fair to ask those questions honestly.
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 16:48:06 »

Drummer, given your an existing board member who as we have previously highlighted dissed the org you volunteer for, what have you learnt from this experience which makes you think you wont do the same again and attack your own organisation. Maybe I am missing something but given you have been with the board along with 1 other re standing why have you not undertaken the key items you highlighted in your blurb and on here before? Sometimes when an organisation such as the trust has seen such issues as they have in the last year in my view its better to have a complete restart from scratch. I guess what I am saying is you want to res-stand but you were part of the old regime that in your blurb seem to suggest failed the fans for 2 years and you stated a lot was wrong, but why didn't you do something about that as a board member? Why should people vote for you to remain when this occurred. I am not being harsh just trying to work out your side of things.
Looking at the statements and profile of people i cant agree with your statement on the backgrounds and suitability, you have a group of men, no ladies or anyone from more diverse backgrounds so struggling to see how the new board will provide a better diverse position?

Diversity is more than gender and there is no boundary to who is welcome to be a member and stand for election.

In regards to your comments of “not doing something about it”, without going into specifics, the board is bound by collective responsibility.

However, I can assure you that I voiced my opposing opinions on a lot of things and my hope for a change in direction has never been higher.

I hope to be part of that changing force to make the Trust align with the general sentiment of what has been said by many external to the Trust board. If I am not re-elected, it would be personally disappointing but my hope remains high in a change of direction.

This does strike at one of the personal statements - the Trust really needs to focus on building it's membership base.  I think that goes to the core of my own personal opinion that it needs to be much more focused on what it is working towards.  To borrow a corporate golden child - Will it Make the Boat Go Faster?

I don’t think it will make the boat go faster but I believe we need the Trust to engage more with the fanbase, paid or free members, to ensure all opinions are represented. At present, the Trust membership numbers, according to the Trust website, sits at circa 1,500 - that’s only representative of 15 to 20% of Saturday’s attendance, which means only a minority of fans are subscribed to hearing the latest news and information to how the Trust are representing the fanbase.

Would love to see that increase so that as many thoughts and opinions are gathered to ensure all segments of the fanbase are included and contributing to shaping how the Trust represents and operates into the future.

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 17:07:48 »

I dont think the response to interrogating candidates needs to automatically go to, 'well why are you not standing' everytime, its hardly the way to have proper debate.

If that is what this candidate did previously then i think it fair to ask those questions honestly.

That isn't what I'm getting at. Would just be nice to narrow it down to who he is if he is standing. He is clearly very passionate about the trust and has a bee in his bonnet about Drummer Boys criticism and liked tweets.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 17:10:09 »

From previous chats, Swindontown2024 isn't a member, so can't vote or stand

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 17:16:19 »

That isn't what I'm getting at. Would just be nice to narrow it down to who he is if he is standing. He is clearly very passionate about the trust and has a bee in his bonnet about Drummer Boys criticism and liked tweets.

I see. I hadn't noticed his other posts.
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 19:03:51 »

Sounds like a terrible version of Guess Who.. 

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2024, 14:07:46 »

I don't subscribe to the "run yourself or don't criticise" theory a lot do.....but I do wonder why he is taking a few liked tweets to heart if he isn't even a member.
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2024, 19:32:55 »

I don't subscribe to the "run yourself or don't criticise" theory a lot do.....but I do wonder why he is taking a few liked tweets to heart if he isn't even a member.

I’m guessing it’s “Sam”.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Thursday, February 15, 2024, 09:01:33 »

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Saturday, February 24, 2024, 12:15:10 »

The Trust AGM is this Wednesday 7pm kick off in the Legends Lounge.
Voting is still open until Wednesday midday

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Thursday, February 29, 2024, 10:02:10 »

Confirmation that all candidates were elected to the board. No news on the new Chair/Vice-Chair yet.

https://twitter.com/TrustSTFC/status/1763142170612051986

Bennett, why haven't you sorted everything yet?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: