Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: TrustSTFC - direction & AGM  (Read 28246 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 01:06:14 »

I’m with Rob on this one & many years ago helped the trust when volunteers were asked for - I had no desirable or expert skills, just time really.

…but…back then I was an avid match goer every week. I knew who the Trust were. I knew who the board were and they communicated what they were working on.

When a lot of things were going on they rent a conference room and just have an open invite meeting. Where they’d go through what they had been doing, what they plan on doing. What they needed help with.

If very much felt like a board calling the shots & keeping their members in the loop. I guess kinda like a manager with employees or even a board with managers under them.

Now it almost sounds like the Trust is a closed shop. The board is the Trust. They do what they do amongst themselves and that’s it. I wouldn’t know any of them from Adam and I don’t know what they are working on with regards to the club (apart from the AB minutes)

Do they still have open meetings? Would it be a good idea to start them again? How many of the Trust members feel the trust actually represents them. How many members know what the Trust even do?

Now, I will quantify with the fact - STFC is not my life anymore like it was back then. So, a lot of the stuff I’ve mentioned could be things that are happening and I’m just not seeing / hearing / paying enough attention to.

It just comes across to me like the board is the Trust and members are subscribers. Almost like Netflix, we have a subscription in our household but aren’t involved in any decision making or action than Netflix undertake - maybe a better example would be a lapsed gym membership. You still pay but don’t see any benefit or have any idea what your money actually goes towards.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #61 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 09:16:36 »

The Trust of the past were far more willing to butt heads with the owners or board of the club. Now it seems they ask a few questions, get fed some info and pass it down the chain.

A lot of fans never bought into the Trust idea before as they couldn't see any tangible action or results. I'm sure there's a lot of work behind the scenes and the need to focus attention and control emotion on things which are most important but it's gone backwards so much since the earlier days.

The purchase of the ground was rightly top priority and I think politics mean the Trust are afraid to get their elbows out as a result.

I don't think it's lack of transparency, I personally feel it's a lack of credibility and engagement. Many fans interacted with the Trust members and board and chipped in before, but it seems siloed now. Nobody really cares what they are doing or what they have to say either. I know that's a brutal take on it, but it's an honest assessment.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 09:34:30 »

It’s not brutal, it’s the truth. An organisation who’s sole reason for being is to prod club governance when it gets out of line is completely silent as the club is the worst governed it’s been in 20+ years. And they become defensive when that’s pointed out to them

Things get better but they never get good
doversparkred

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 09:42:28 »

I was suggesting a more professional set-up - a limited board focused on setting direction, making key decisions and overseeing the main two projects (ground and representation).  Then you have roles identified that are filled by volunteers, based on personal skills and a desire to get involved.  It seems odd to me that you'd need to be on the Board to do work for the Trust - is that what you are suggesting is the current set-up?

As an example - the Trust would need someone to be involved in managing communications, social media, website etc.  That isn't, in my mind, a Board level role.  It could be filled by one or several people, dedicating a number of hours to the cause, that have prior experience in those fields.  They then report up to a Board member responsible for Overall Communication strategy, but likely also responsible for the membership admin and membership marketing teams.

Just because it is a volunteer org, does not mean it has to be all equal sharing and everyone gets a seat at the big boys table.  On a personal level, I can't see why anyone would want me on the Board given location and time zone.  But, I could certainly do work for the Trust.

Fully agree with this, and sorry to bring in Bath City as an example again but this is how the (fan-elected) board operates.  The board is a combination of salaried and volunteer roles, and there are working groups with specific priorities/objectives and staffed by different people with relevant expertise who then report back to the board.  For example, increasing attendances, ground maintenance, improving matchday experience, social media/comms and so on.
« Last Edit: Friday, February 2, 2024, 09:45:40 by doversparkred » Logged
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 11:53:31 »

If your a trust member then you need to attend their AGM so they can explain what they have been up to and then be questioned by members
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 12:08:29 »

If your a trust member then you need to attend their AGM so they can explain what they have been up to and then be questioned by members

I cancelled my annual direct debit, but am i still a member until March when it started?

I see the below when logging in:

Membership plan #**** was placed on ** March 2023 and is currently hold.

Any ideas? Totally lost faith in them but would consider attending to see whats going on.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 12:20:14 »

Did you receive the notice of Annual General Meeting email on 2nd Jan? I think that would probably only go to current members.

But yes, people who've stopped paying but have paid in advance is a strange grey area around membership.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 13:42:36 »

Thanks- no i don't see that one. still get the comms updates but nothing about the agm
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 18:53:45 »

No you are definitely on hold
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 13:20:05 »

The following existing board members are seeking re-election:
Neil Hutchings
Tom Paris

Nemo Note: Paul Hedges was originally expected to re-stand and has clearly now decided not to

In addition, we have received applications from the following new candidates:
Adrian Male
Andy Bennett
Chris Howell
James Phipps
Nicholas Coote

Despite there being fewer candidates than positions, in order to be elected applicants require 50% of the votes cast.

Firstly, good on Bennett.

Secondly, please ready your best Adrian Mole jokes.

Finally, here are the candidates' statements: https://truststfc.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/AGM-2024-Society-Board-Application-Statements.pdf?mc_cid=d2f6135807&mc_eid=b6f3ac7ed5
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 13:20:47 »

I want to vote for 2 people
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 13:27:30 »

To be clear you vote yes/no/abstain on each individual, you can vote in favour of all or in favour of none (if you truly believe in chaos!)
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 13:30:10 »

Lovely stuff. Andy and James it is for me then
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 13:32:40 »

Its slightly disapointing there is no one younger on the list
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 13:35:41 »

I think my statement is pretty open and my prior swearing/ranting on the subject may speak for itself, but I am Happy to field any questions anyone has in DM

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: