Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: TrustSTFC - direction & AGM  (Read 27240 times)
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 13:36:13 »

I think asking candidates from certain employment backgrounds didn't help
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 13:37:56 »

I think my statement is pretty open and my prior swearing/ranting on the subject may speak for itself, but I am Happy to field any questions anyone has in DM

Can I ask you to stop being polite?
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 13:38:23 »

You can in DM

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 13:50:32 »

Well done, Bennett, and good luck mate.

I cancelled my direct debit I think in September/October time (£5 a month) as there were seldom updates from them, I never got replies to emails and seemed to lack any kind of direction. I didn't feel I got any value for my contribution.

I think with passionate fans like yourself and the financial clout and business acumen of James Phipps the Trust can hopefully become an independent voice of the fans again that we can get behind.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 13:59:49 »

I think my statement is pretty open and my prior swearing/ranting on the subject may speak for itself, but I am Happy to field any questions anyone has in DM

I'm also a BA, and this made me smile “it’s always been that way”. Infuriating Smiley

Good luck Bennett.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 14:19:34 »

Well having read each candidates notes i can safely say i will not be voting for some of them.

My largest fear with the trust is that with all these changes, its direction over corrects and it becomes antagonistic and represent of the very angry minority. Not the angry or discontent majority.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #81 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 14:20:51 »

I'm also a BA, and this made me smile “it’s always been that way”. Infuriating Smiley

Good luck Bennett.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 14:21:56 »

It’s been a challenging couple of years, particularly in the last 6 months or so.

The Trust is going to go through a huge reset. Whilst it’s daunting practically starting again and there will a huge number of hours dedicated to the cause, I fundamentally believe there is a huge opportunity too.

I joined the Trust 2 years ago with the belief that success on the pitch can only be achieved by a well run club off the pitch, which is where the Trust holds the club accountable to ensure that it is. The facts speak for themselves for where we are on this and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. However, with a complete change of leadership pending, I wholeheartedly believe that from the two of us re-standing for re-election will form a baseline to push forwards. Those standing for election for the first time, from reading their supporting statements, I think will be huge assets for the Trust too where likeminded individuals can form a strong, cohesive and dynamic board to really push in the way we all desire the Trust to hold the club accountable. There is a balance to this though. The Trust is not a vehicle for being antagonistic without cause or reason to. It needs to be be measured and strategic towards the desired outcome.

I hope from my supporting statement that my opinions are clear to what direction, ethos and characteristics the Trust needs to adopt, being different to the general recent reputation that precedes the Trust. We need to aim to grow the membership and represent the fanbase but also to have the courage to have those adult conversations with the club about its direction off the field.

To all those members that have stopped direct debits in protest or any other reason, I sincerely hope that if re-elected, I can be a driving force in demonstrating the changes we all want from the Trust ASAP and see your return. Like it or loath it, the Trust is the only vehicle that has the capability to represent the fanbase and holds the club accountable for its actions. BUT!  Our voice is stronger when we work together as a fanbase and we will need everyone’s support, thoughts and opinions to make this happen.

If you are a member and eligible to vote, please make your voice heard and your vote count. Meanwhile, if any members want to have a chat prior to voting, feel free to DM me and we can have a chat.

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 14:29:34 »

where likeminded individuals can form a strong, cohesive and dynamic board to really push in the way we all desire the Trust to hold the club accountable.

Wrong, wrong, wrong!

The worst thing that can happen is the board is full of like minded individuals. Be that a group all thoroughly in the pro Clem camp as may have been the case in the past, or whatever stance it happens to be.

For the trust to be effective the board should be a group of people that represent the fanbase and have different and opposing views, where healthy debate can lead the trust to take a sensible path forwards that everyone on the board gets behind. An echo chamber is the last thing we need.

reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 14:43:17 »

Wrong, wrong, wrong!

The worst thing that can happen is the board is full of like minded individuals. Be that a group all thoroughly in the pro Clem camp as may have been the case in the past, or whatever stance it happens to be.

For the trust to be effective the board should be a group of people that represent the fanbase and have different and opposing views, where healthy debate can lead the trust to take a sensible path forwards that everyone on the board gets behind. An echo chamber is the last thing we need.

I very much agree that an echo chamber (of any persuasion) is an unwanted outcome. But 'likeminded' doesn't have to mean people who agree on every detail and I don't think that's what was being implied - more a group of people pulling in the same direction with one purpose, rather than a board divided between those cosying up to friends and those actually furthering the aims of the society they represent.

I don't really know any of the candidates personally but am fairly pleased to see the calibre and experience being brought to the table. (A few misplaced apostrophes did cause some concern but I think I'm over it.)
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 14:54:30 »

Wrong, wrong, wrong!

100% agree with you Riddick. I very much believe that now and more than ever, the Trust needs more strong and diverse voices to ensure the Trust moves in the right direction but the Trust needs to engage more with members, and the wider fanbase, to ensure all thoughts and opinions are heard and form part of the internal debate how the fanbase is represented publicly.

So please allow me to correct that statement Riddick, “likeminded individuals that agree that it’s time for a change of direction with how the Trust operate, it’s purpose and how it represents the fanbase”.

From a candidate background perspective, based on the supporting statements,  I think everyone standing for election will diversify the board to create that debate internally that you speak of where needed. I can assure you, I’m very much in agreement that the Trust should not be an echo chamber or blindly operates on the opinion of a small group of key influencers.

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 15:12:34 »

All men which is fine but I can’t help but think it would help if there was a bit more balance.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 15:46:41 »

I voted for three of them, abstained on three.  I also voted against two of the policies being suggested - they appeared to be extremely restrictive to me, for an organisation that does, from time to time, need to be about open debate.  It's also very clear from my postings that I am vehemently against a Board of between 6 and 12 members!

I think it is a bit disappointing that so few have put themselves forward, and having some women involved would probably be a good idea as well.  This does strike at one of the personal statements - the Trust really needs to focus on building it's membership base.  I think that goes to the core of my own personal opinion that it needs to be much more focused on what it is working towards.  To borrow a corporate golden child - Will it Make the Boat Go Faster?
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 15:57:25 by RobertT » Logged
swindontown2024

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 15:54:36 »

Drummer, given your an existing board member who as we have previously highlighted dissed the org you volunteer for, what have you learnt from this experience which makes you think you wont do the same again and attack your own organisation. Maybe I am missing something but given you have been with the board along with 1 other re standing why have you not undertaken the key items you highlighted in your blurb and on here before? Sometimes when an organisation such as the trust has seen such issues as they have in the last year in my view its better to have a complete restart from scratch. I guess what I am saying is you want to res-stand but you were part of the old regime that in your blurb seem to suggest failed the fans for 2 years and you stated a lot was wrong, but why didn't you do something about that as a board member? Why should people vote for you to remain when this occurred. I am not being harsh just trying to work out your side of things.
Looking at the statements and profile of people i cant agree with your statement on the backgrounds and suitability, you have a group of men, no ladies or anyone from more diverse backgrounds so struggling to see how the new board will provide a better diverse position?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 16:17:58 »

Without knowing, I’d hazard a guess no females put themselves forward.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: