Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FGR v Swindon Town Matchday Thread  (Read 17296 times)
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 19:38:03 »

I'm sorry, thats just naive bullshit - our performance that is.

They should be out of sight.  To say our defending has the solidity of Helium Gas would be an understatement.  It's not just the back three (but they are a problem), it's the big whole right in front of them and going man for man an every over the top ball against us.  We have three centre backs and you only ever see two of them back there.

Kinsella should take himself off for an early bath, that was a nasty foul.  Very luck to be on.

Going forward we look dangerous at times, but the quality is not quite there.  Young makes some good runs, finds good positions on the shoulder, but looks raw as fuck on the ball at times.

Kemp looks more Darcy than Payne right now - lots of flashes of quality, followed by a cross into the stand behind the goal, or falling over, or playing it into a defender.

There still looks like there is more to work with than last season, but Flynn is currently churning out the Gunning first 30 minutes against Gillingham with them right now.  That dog in defence and midfield is still obviously missing - almost in a literal sense, it's like we are a man short when defending.
Is Kemp actually playing?

Was anonymous against Crewe, has done nothing tonight..

No wonder Franchise wanted him gone
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 19:39:52 »

Well according to Hockers we've had about a dozen "let offs" and FGR are clearly the better team. Absolute nonsense. Brewitt,Young and Hutton outstanding. Maalife decent,Austin looking dangerous. Unfortunately the midfield is awful.

They literally had three clear scoring opportunities in the same move!  One block and two superb saves by the keeper.

We are not out of it, because we look threatening ourselves.  But they should have three or four goals more by now.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 19:40:03 »

Well according to Hockers we've had about a dozen "let offs" and FGR are clearly the better team. Absolute nonsense. Brewitt,Young and Hutton outstanding. Maalife decent,Austin looking dangerous. Unfortunately the midfield is awful.

In a way I agree with both of you - we're a disaster at the back structurally but the individual players are playing okay on their own terms, if that makes sense. Going forward we're creating a lot of chances but nobody is getting on the end of many of them. Lots to like, lots to worry about.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 19:40:33 »

Get Cain on
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 19:41:15 »

I think this might be 2-0 or 3-0 as I don’t think we can change it up.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 19:42:15 »

Get Cain on
Is this a joke?!

Enjoyed that half, there are more goals in this. We are still in it for sure although have had a few let offs and probably could have had a red for Kinsella (possibly should have).

We also had a great shot saved from Austin and hit the bar so not one way traffic. Next goal will be key.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 19:44:04 »

I sort of mentioned this after the Crewe game as well - individual moments are making the back three look good, and the midfield absence is making us look weak in defence.  BUT, individually they are making not so obvious mistakes that are pulling the defensive unit apart.

Take their goal - four players are actually all at fault, just nobody by enough for it to be obvious -

Malife rushes towards the high ball, but is never going to win the ball, so he creates a gap in the middle behind him.  Brewitt doesn't see the gap or cover over despite not really marking anyone so Kinsella is the man marking Stevens.  Kinsella does very little to add pressure and allows a a player to turn and shoot with total control and Mahoney has a slightly poor position opening up the back post too easily (in his defence,  he has kept us in it as well).

It's small little moments like that - nothing horrible there, each next player up could have covered the error, but as a unit we are soft and pulled too easily apart.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 19:44:26 »

They literally had three clear scoring opportunities in the same move!  One block and two superb saves by the keeper.

We are not out of it, because we look threatening ourselves.  But they should have three or four goals more by now.
And? We've had a brilliant effort off the bar,a superb effort from Austin brilliantly saved and several dangerous crosses into the box. But because they've had 3 good chances they're better than us. Sorry I don't see it that way

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 19:45:00 »

There must have been a lot of Firesticks purchased close season😀

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #204 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 19:45:10 »

FWIW I think Genesini has done quite well so far on his league debut but I would rather see a natural left footer at LWB rather than a right footer, he put a few good crosses in but will almost always cut inside to cross on his right.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 19:46:04 »

I'm sorry, thats just naive bullshit - our performance that is.

They should be out of sight.  To say our defending has the solidity of Helium Gas would be an understatement.  It's not just the back three (but they are a problem), it's the big hole right in front of them and going man for man an every over the top ball against us.  We have three centre backs and you only ever see two of them back there.

Kinsella should take himself off for an early bath, that was a nasty foul.  Very luck to be on.

Going forward we look dangerous at times, but the quality is not quite there.  Young makes some good runs, finds good positions on the shoulder, but looks raw as fuck on the ball at times.

Kemp looks more Darcy than Payne right now - lots of flashes of quality, followed by a cross into the stand behind the goal, or falling over, or playing it into a defender.

There still looks like there is more to work with than last season, but Flynn is currently churning out the Gunning first 30 minutes against Gillingham with them right now.  That dog in defence and midfield is still obviously missing - almost in a literal sense, it's like we are a man short when defending.

I think ‘out of sight’ is a bit harsh.

I don’t think they have peppered our goal. Yes they had those 3 chances in the space of about 30 seconds but that was good (admittedly last ditch) defending / blocking & good saves from the keeper - which is what he’s there to do.

Other than that I don’t think FGR have been massively threatening.

Feels more like the next goal could go either way rather than FGR getting the next goal being inevitable
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 19:46:31 »

There must have been a lot of Firesticks sold close season😀
Anyone can watch this on i follow... midweek innit...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 19:47:06 »

And? We've had a brilliant effort off the bar,a superb effort from Austin brilliantly saved and several dangerous crosses into the box. But because they've had 3 good chances they're better than us. Sorry I don't see it that way

I said we look a threat?  We have had two really good chances.

On another day we are down to 10 men and three or four of their chances are clear cut - not 50/50, good keeping has kept us in it.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 19:47:28 »

1-1
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #209 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 19:47:34 »

1-1

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: