Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FGR v Swindon Town Matchday Thread  (Read 15443 times)
Oldwembley69

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 08:50:03 »

The sending off was for a second yellow. The guy was booked in the first half.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 08:53:55 »

We shall have to see about Kinsella.  It seems that since Grant, we have looked for small players like him and Louis Reed to break up play in front of the central defenders.  Reed was always making angles and linking up but was no defender.  Kinsella needs to settle in a bit more.  He never came with a creative label but I can see him becoming a very useful defensive midfielder.  Regardless, we still need a more imposing central defensive midfielder who won't get knocked off the ball except when buying a foul and a bit of time.

Overall quite a wasteful, ornamental display from midfield last night. Nevertheless, Kemp was on hand to nod in and McEachran did beat Daniels if not the woodwork when so nearly equalising in the first half.  As also noted, Cain played the ideal switching role against the 10 men. 

But instead of slow, tippy tappy (ok for Man City), we built up far more quickly down the flanks.  FBT and even more so, UGM, showed a carrying capacity to develop "inside out" play with Hutton and Genesini.  UGM, Hutton and Young were risky, yes but offensively they threatened Forest Green in both halves never giving them the chance to properly re-organise. Soon enough, cuter teams will prepare to counter UGM and FBT's predisposal to carry the ball forward but last night they were both great and worked a treat.

Re Kinsella, Walsall fans said not to expect much from him outside of being a pure defensive midfielder. His positioning and reading of the game in that position were praised but they said whenever he was looking to do anything outside of that comfort zone, he wasn't particularly good at it.

That was fairly evident last night and I thought Cain was a lot more useful when he came on. Not particularly doing anything fancy, but keeping the ball moving quickly and neatly.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #452 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 09:53:29 »

Jesus Christ the FGR fans like a moan, even more than our fans and thats saying something.

Almost zero credit to us for winnings and only complaining about how Kinsella should be banned for 6 games and that the ref was so one sided in our way and we could have finished with 7 men and that we were constantly wrestling their players to the deck.

A few moaning about how our fans got in the home end and causing issues.

I am so glad we beat the moaning vegan fuckers.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 20:18:26 »

Jesus Christ the FGR fans like a moan, even more than our fans and thats saying something.

Almost zero credit to us for winnings and only complaining about how Kinsella should be banned for 6 games and that the ref was so one sided in our way and we could have finished with 7 men and that we were constantly wrestling their players to the deck.

A few moaning about how our fans got in the home end and causing issues.

I am so glad we beat the moaning vegan fuckers.
Having watched the Kinsella challenge at half speed on this clip, I’m starting to think the ref actually got it right. 4m37s onwards.

bathford

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 20:22:03 »

Big signings for FGR announced tomorrow, a player and a coach - I’m super excited, will be a big boost, not just this season but for many to come……

Quote tonight from Mr Vegan himself.  
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 21:04:53 »

Anyone know what the official attendance was at FGR? I haven’t seen it reported anywhere.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 21:21:52 »

I posted it earlier.
Post#438
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 21:38:02 »

Ah, cheers.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31]   Go Up