Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FGR v Swindon Town Matchday Thread  (Read 17520 times)
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 22:23:13 »

I’d convinced myself earlier that Matty Taylor was going to come on and score the winner. How wrong was I, he was fucking terrible.
Had absolutely convinced myself too it was happening. Most likely assisted by Kadji too.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 22:26:42 »

Hope the lad at the end of the game is ok. Not sure what happened.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 22:28:16 »

Why? What happened?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 22:32:07 »

Loads of paremdics. Not sure if he collapsed or something.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 22:34:03 »

Quote from: Sippo

he was certainly conscious and being well cared for when we walked past
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 22:35:24 »

Quote from: stfcjack
I’d convinced myself earlier that Matty Taylor was going to come on and score the winner. How wrong was I, he was fucking terrible.
he was world class at flinging himself to the floor.

thankfully the ref just told him to get up
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 22:42:51 »

Fucking cows in the road. Certainly a strange part of the world.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 22:50:48 »

it's the countryside.

Minchenhampton common can be interesting
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 22:52:15 »

Shite ground/shite fans. Just a very easy and convenient away game. First half really wasn’t great, FGR passing it through us/around us for fun. Midfield technically is sound but it’s crying out (lost count of the amount of times this has been said) for a horrible physical bastard to break play up and sit infront of back line. Lack of height in our team is gonna see alot more teams with big lump central halves cause issues for us in defence, but it is what it is. Mahoney kept us in it.

Second half much better. Came out with intent, drove forward, balls into box and goals followed. UGM looks to be a superb piece of business. Austin much sharper, missed a few yes but was far more involved in game. Brewitt won virtually everything, solid. Young lively also. Thunder cunt from FBT, great limbs in crowd. 3 points in bag, Roll on Wrexham
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 22:54:27 by MangoRed » Logged
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 23:04:19 »

Brilliant result. First proper 'limbs' I've been involved in for a while after FBT's thunderbastard!

I thought we were pretty awful first half and that is down to a badly misfiring midfield. The three of them were really poor, with Kinsella the worst of the bunch. Felt he should have gone for his filthy tackle too. None of them seem to know what their job is. We are crying out for a destroyer/leader in the Grant mould. They were all so ponderous and the movement was non existent. I felt for the defenders looking for an out ball with those three in front of them. I actually thought Cain was much better and added a bit of zip, shifting the ball around quicker.  Kemp looks lightweight and I just don't get the hype about McEachran.

Brewitt was fantastic. He's proving the doubters wrong and looked pumped at the end. Pleased for him.

Genesini looks a find. So much better than Ward and Uwakwe on Saturday.

I thought that Young worked his socks off, and Charlie did everything right other than score, but he got two assists. It'll come.

Would have loved to have seen Rush out there tonight...

The ref was really good other than missing the red for Kinsella. I'm really enjoying this new no nonsense approach.

Overall, we are playing with more purpose and desire under Flynn than Morris or Lindsey ever showed.

If we can get the midfield functioning we will be in the mix.

Also hope that chap who was unwell at the end is okay.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 23:11:34 by Mooneyraker » Logged
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 23:21:17 »

It's a G o [ o ] d w i n but for the malife of me I can't help but think it's still papering over some very large cracks.

This result probably equalises the result v Crewe on Sat, so it is about right in terms of points.

Definitely needs to be some key and importantly correct activity in terms of recruitment over the next two weeks. Probably means some still leaving [like Hutton possibly] to get what Town need to get in. Then whoever does join probably needs about a month to fully gel with the rest.

There's good signs in patches and clear individual talent but also some shocking positioning at times as well. It'll be upto Flynn to make all that synchronise and bring it all together. I think we'll be looking at something like early October before we truly know if Town are well on their way to having polyfilla'd and sealed up the cracks or if they've grown to size of dessication cracks. Hopefully the former...and hopefully Austin gets his shooting boots back on properly cos at the moment he's a bit like season one Belly Paynter. Would be nice if he can discover some form close to that of season three Paynter [also season one Austin] and any talk of 'barn door' would soon disappear.

Plenty for Flynn to work on and develop. The tools are kind of/sort of there with some solid...and I mean solid additions through the core and things clicking, Town would look muchly decent in forming some kind of top ten to top six attack. That kind of ambition I suppose has to be matched by the board...we'll likely know that either way by two weeks time.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 23:49:03 by BambooToTheFuture » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 23:23:13 »

Great team performance.  Especially the second half.  Our rather thin bench meant that we lacked options and that tired or struggling players - and "senior" players like Austin - just had to soldier on.  That made the win all the more creditable but Forest Green being reduced to 10 men helped us, fitness-wise.

Still, we can all recall losing leads late on - inc. v. oppos reduced in numbers - so getting the win was an achievement and cautiously encouraging.
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 03:24:15 »

Extended highlights:

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 05:56:13 »

Another enjoyable game capped by the 3 points.

Honourable mentions for Mahoney, Genesini, Brewitt, Austin, Young & Hutton who combined well with UGM particularly in 2nd half.
Thought that Cain did ok when he came on, added some calm.
FBT not at his imperious best but it's a high bar.

I wonder if the new regulations are what saved Kinsella in that the ref wasn't immediately surrounded by an FGR posse.
Certainly looked like a red and the tackle did some damage as well.

Hopefully Khan & RHM are back for Saturday.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
DMC

« Reply #419 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2023, 07:01:23 »

I really don’t know what Cain offers. I think he is like a lightweight league 2 Anton Rodgers.
Thought he was great at doing what you need to do against 10 men and switched play constantly
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: