Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 ... 96   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager thread part (96837494)  (Read 112417 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #765 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 15:01:50 »

Fuck it, they've missed an opportunity.  Official Club Car Parking Fine Ticket Sponsor.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #766 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 15:24:25 »

Yes questions on this and a whole host of other questions will be in the AB minutes with responses

Are they proper detailed answers or just the usual 1 liners, although there is a fans forum next week to get more detailed answers hopefully
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #767 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 15:24:52 »

Has this been publicly shared?

Angus did communicate it at the OSC player awards so i knew about it, but tbf I haven't seen it stated anywhere else.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #768 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 15:26:21 »

Are they proper detailed answers or just the usual 1 liners, although there is a fans forum next week to get more detailed answers hopefully

q) Was Zav Austin at a Government office as a representative of STFC?

a) Zav travelled using his own Oyster Card
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #769 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 15:26:45 »

If they are smart they will slay as many of the tough questions as possible now and allow the Forum to be more positive...
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #770 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 15:27:49 »

q) Was Zav Austin at a Government office as a representative of STFC?

a) Zav travelled using his own Oyster Card

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #771 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 15:31:17 »

Q) What is Chris Kiely's roll at STFC?

A) Ham and Cheese, with a little bit of pickle

These are the problems with asking basic questions - the intent and need to pick away at an answer are lost.  Fans Forums will not enable that either.  The Trust, as a vehicle for fans concerns and ideas should be holding in depth sessions with the club.  No need for full minutes like the AB, simply ensuring they report back via the Trusts own formal meetings.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #772 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 15:42:26 »

I'd be careful of parking your car at the ground right now - not only is there no way to pay but you can get fined for not paying, but you'll likely find your car with Sponsors print and logo's on it by the time you get back to it.

I think you will find now the club own the car park they have not had the time (and probably had more important things to do) to get any parking arrangements setup.

I'm sure it isn't used that much anyway, but they just need to be careful of dumped vehicles now the council is not involved to pay for the removal fee's

There is a sponsorship opportunity - official tow truck partner 
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #773 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 16:29:23 »

Detailed answers yes.. should be released soon
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #774 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 20:05:42 »

We are going down a different approach from the past so there wont be a tech director, the manager will have more say and ownership of recruitment so there will be a Football head role but very different to Sandros old role.

Music to my ears.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #775 on: Friday, May 12, 2023, 08:47:55 »

Grant McCann gets the Doncaster job. Good appointment I reckon.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #776 on: Friday, May 12, 2023, 09:44:44 »

Unfinished business there.
Left for Hull after losing out in the play offs.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #777 on: Friday, May 12, 2023, 10:00:46 »

Interesting you say good appointment (not having a dig at you at all mate) I did a little comparison.

McCann is 43 - Flynn is 42.

McCann has managed 348 games (winning 140) - Flynn has managed 318 (winning 123).

McCann has managed 4 teams previously (Posh twice) - Flynn has managed 2 teams.

McCann has a win ratio of 40.2% - Flynn has a win ratio of 38.7%.

McCann has made the L1 play off semi, 2 relegations, 1 promotion (Champions L1) and 4 manager of the month award and 1 manager of the season.

Flynn has made the L2 play off final twice, 0 relegations and 0 promotions and 4 manager of the month awards.

Fairly comparable TBH but McCanns being mostly in L1 and Flynn entirely in L2. Yet I expect many Town fans would have accepted McCann more readily than many have accepted Flynn (on social media not on here).

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #778 on: Friday, May 12, 2023, 10:03:48 »

Interesting you say good appointment (not having a dig at you at all mate) I did a little comparison.

McCann is 43 - Flynn is 42.

McCann has managed 348 games (winning 140) - Flynn has managed 318 (winning 123).

McCann has managed 4 teams previously (Posh twice) - Flynn has managed 2 teams.

McCann has a win ratio of 40.2% - Flynn has a win ratio of 38.7%.

McCann has made the L1 play off semi, 2 relegations, 1 promotion (Champions L1) and 4 manager of the month award and 1 manager of the season.

Flynn has made the L2 play off final twice, 0 relegations and 0 promotions and 4 manager of the month awards.

Fairly comparable TBH but McCanns being mostly in L1 and Flynn entirely in L2. Yet I expect many Town fans would have accepted McCann more readily than many have accepted Flynn (on social media not on here).

What is McCann's 'style'?

I think Flynn is hampered by Newport's reputation for awful football, coupled with his recent 1 win in 20 at Walsall.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #779 on: Friday, May 12, 2023, 10:52:51 »

What is McCann's 'style'?

I think Flynn is hampered by Newport's reputation for awful football, coupled with his recent 1 win in 20 at Walsall.
I agree, I think McCanns "style" is more football based, but then so was Flynns for 1 and a half seasons at Newport after the preceeding 2 seasons were very poor entertainment.

I agree the 1 win in 20 or whatever did hamper him but McCann had no wins in 8 games for Posh and then 1 win in 18 (14 defeats) when at Hull.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 ... 96   Go Up
Print
Jump to: