Pages: 1 ... 1004 1005 1006 [1007]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1662877 times)
Ƭ̵̬̊: The Artist Formerly Known as CWIG
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #15090 on: Today at 15:52:06 »

Not making any excuses for the present shower but from visiting many grounds in northern outposts such boards invariably look as shite as ours does. I don't see what purpose they actually play any more with the interweb being at everyone's finger tips and at grounds they invariably look crap.

Weirdly you never saw one until social media was in full swing.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #15091 on: Today at 16:13:46 »

Weirdly you never saw one until social media was in full swing.

I wonder how many people walking past that sign have gone to matches off the back of the fixtures being advertised? I guess it's an old tradition that will probably go the way of the printed football program.

Although I see the club are using it for advertising, can't remember the company mind you.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #15092 on: Today at 18:16:18 »

Bennett, is that really a genuine reply?

@dave. I read it to mean there isn't a quick fix to the underlying issues, but (literally) today staying in the league is all that matters.

I dunno. I want more from the trust but can't work out what or how to get it.
Dunno, I’m on hols!

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #15093 on: Today at 18:17:54 »

When is the fanzone due to open
https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/24629397.work-begins-new-swindon-town-statue-fanzone-area/

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #15094 on: Today at 20:42:56 »

I guess a single statue enables it to be called statue park.  In the same way having it at a football ground allows it to be a fanzone rather than a gravel pit and shrubbery.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15095 on: Today at 20:51:38 »

I guess a single statue enables it to be called statue park.  In the same way having it at a football ground allows it to be a fanzone rather than a gravel pit and shrubbery.

First you must find... another shrubbery! Then, when you have found the shrubbery, you must place it here, beside this shrubbery, only slightly higher so you get a two layer effect with a little path running down the middle. ("A path! A path!") Then, you must cut down the mightiest tree in the forrest... with... a herring!
Pages: 1 ... 1004 1005 1006 [1007]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: