Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 ... 105   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager thread part (96837494)  (Read 127746 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #810 on: Sunday, November 5, 2023, 18:00:13 »

Persephone and Hades
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #811 on: Monday, November 6, 2023, 09:38:00 »

Morris rumoured to be joining Millwall as assistant. Timing coincidental re: STFC contract I'm sure.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #812 on: Monday, November 6, 2023, 15:32:59 »

Morris and Jones perfect for Millwall shame they couldn’t also get Sheridan on the coaching staff.

So, give no fucks
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #813 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 12:08:49 »

Shit stirring thread:

"Jody Morris did a better job than Mike Flynn" - Discuss...

Only lost by more than 1 goal once (vs Mansfield).

Was let down by ill disciplined players (RHM/Khan) getting reds.

Never had a window.

Was prepared to mix it up tactically to try and get out of the rut.

The players seemed to have downed tools under Flynn. I'm not surprised, given how he has publicly slagged them off. We are 10 goals conceded in a row without reply at the moment. A record?
« Last Edit: Monday, December 18, 2023, 12:13:19 by Mooneyraker » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #814 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 12:32:22 »

Think it’s a bit pointless comparing the present and past manager. The present and next manager is different, though.

The jolly naivety of Flynn’s unbeaten start to the season has disappeared into the ether now and it’s clear to see now that the defensive frailties that were apparent even during that spell are destroying us regularly now.

He’s seemingly done next to nothing to address the problem, preferring to put the blame on individuals rather than to iron it out via coaching or a change of formation.

I still can’t believe he wanted to play with 2 ball playing CBs seeing the players he was chasing that didn’t come here for whatever reason - the fella from FGR, the fella who legged it to India, Farquarson who went to Walsall and Daniels who stayed there. From what I know none of them could be classed as footballing CB. Maybe 1 of those 4 was supposed to play instead of Brewitt.

It’s all turned to shit now, of course.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #815 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 12:38:50 »

Based on nothing at all, it appears that players seem to have totally gone off the boil. That can be down to a number of factors of course but I get the feeling that there is a huge amount of frustration and the body language of the players doesn't look good at all. I only watched the second half on Saturday and it appeared to be a frustrated, badly performing hotch potch of a side lacking any cohesion at all. Dare I say rudderless?

There have been rumours that Flynn has lost the dressing room, players are not as injured as being made out. Unfortunately it sounds a mess behind the scenes, and a mess on the pitch at the moment.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #816 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 12:39:27 »

Even including Scott Lindsey who is a bit of a cunt regardless, I think its pointless trying to judge any Swindon manager under this regime. All been sold pups. Only one that had a decent crack was Garner thanks to Chorley.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #817 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 12:44:45 »

Yeah, I get this is pointless, but it felt like a change from chatting about Clem and his goons.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #818 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 12:53:49 »

We’re inconsistent. If our players were consistently good they wouldn’t be here.

It was only a couple of weeks back we had back to back wins against Mansfield & Accrington.

This team will win some, lose some & draw some because that’s the level of players/squad we have.

I don’t think changing manager will do anything other than cost us money we ‘haven’t got’ whilst the finances don’t fully add up - I bet signing/paying/getting rid of that complete fraud Jody Morris cost us a lot
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #819 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 12:57:28 »

Even including Scott Lindsey who is a bit of a cunt regardless, I think its pointless trying to judge any Swindon manager under this regime. All been sold pups. Only one that had a decent crack was Garner thanks to Chorley.

He will be an even bigger cunt when his team beats on New Years Day!

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #820 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 12:58:58 »

I think you are right DV, too inconsistent to go up or down. Assuming January isn't a massive cluterF.. or the EFL don't stick us with something.
« Last Edit: Monday, December 18, 2023, 14:36:44 by Batch » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #821 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 13:00:43 »

I think you are DV, too inconsistent to go up or down. Assuming January isn't a massive cluterF.. or the EFL don't stick us with something.

Yes, I am DV.

We are inconsistent now. Think that might change (not in a good way) when Kemp & Young (and Hutton & Khan & Brewitt) all go…
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #822 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 14:38:43 »

Yes, I am DV.

Doh, are *right*

We are inconsistent now. Think that might change (not in a good way) when Kemp & Young (and Hutton & Khan & Brewitt) all go…

Then we may be in trouble. Flynn seems confident of reinforcements,  but I'm not sure if that's a message on expectations to Clem or genuine "got them"
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #823 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 14:42:59 »

Like so many seasons at Swindon - it’s going to be a season of two halves. Pre & post January.
The transfer window is an absolute fucking bollocks way of doing things.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #824 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 14:47:07 »

It’s not like we’ve got a DOF lining the signings up😁

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 ... 105   Go Up
Print
Jump to: