Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next seasons rebuild 23/24  (Read 29286 times)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 09:31:10 »

The amazing thing is if you include Jephcott & Adeloye, we have 5 forwards with none of them really fitting together to form any sort of cohesive forward line at all.

Yes, 5 puzzle pieces… from 5 different puzzles!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 09:32:03 »

Yes, neither Wakeling nor RHM really work as wide players in a front three. I thought RHM would be better there, even if he has  been one of our more effective players recently. Not sure if he’s a straight down the middle striker either, which makes him then a bit of a conundrum.

I'm not sure RHM knows what he is either TBH.

The amazing thing is if you include Jephcott & Adeloye, we have 5 forwards with none of them really fitting together to form any sort of cohesive forward line at all.

Sums up the whole team really, the midfield nor defence don't seem able to play together particularly cohesively either.

Yep, if Austin stays of course

Thought it was suggested from various ITK sources that he has signed another deal?

Jephcott will go and score goals once he's finished with us I'm sure of it, he's got quite a solid record when he's had full seasons under his belt

Has Jephcott ever actually been played in a position that suits his abilities?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 09:34:45 »

Nah, no to McKirdy.
He’s peaked. Had his one good season and give it a couple of years and you’ll never hear about him again. Absolutely no chance we tried to get him back in Jan.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 09:35:16 »

Jephcott will be the new Alex Revell
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 09:40:40 »

Has Jephcott ever actually been played in a position that suits his abilities?

At Swindon, or at Plymouth also? Got 18 goals at plymouth in the sabotage season under Sheridan, then 11 the season after as more of a squad player
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 09:40:49 »

Putting to one side the danger of being obsessed with ex players, who would take McKirdy back next year?
His move has not worked out. We are desperate for a player prepared to take the opposition on.

I'm going to say no, but from what we have seen from this season's squad is that there is next to no exciting players in our squad. On paper you'd think Charlie would be the kind of player pumping his arms to get the crowd going but he's kind of been a bit sullen since he's been back - hardly surprising. There is just nobody that fans really give a proper shit about.

The midfield clearly needs work, we have too many players far too similar to each other.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 09:49:05 »

I'm going to say no, but from what we have seen from this season's squad is that there is next to no exciting players in our squad. On paper you'd think Charlie would be the kind of player pumping his arms to get the crowd going but he's kind of been a bit sullen since he's been back - hardly surprising. There is just nobody that fans really give a proper shit about.

The midfield clearly needs work, we have too many players far too similar to each other.

The exciting role is the role Williams should be playing imo.
Just he doesn’t
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 09:50:28 »

I'm in the no category too. Was fun to see an exciting and maverick player have their purple season, but there's no guarantee he'll hit them heights again, will always be a risk personality wise, and will see himself as League One minimum given the lower league look interview he did.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 09:57:51 »

Just he doesn’t

Which is interesting, when you consider that he's a proper cult hero with Wales and was well liked at former clubs. It feels like the connection hasn't ever quite been there at Town - he's done fairly well and is well liked, but initially McKirdy was the "icon" and this season, nobody really - Austin when he came back I suppose.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 10:02:21 »

Just he doesn’t

Occasionally he'll do the double arm 'rouse' to the Town End, but as with most of the squad, his heart doesn't seem in it. Don't get me wrong, he always puts a shift in, but he does seem to be in running down his contract mode. I imagine he'll be wanting to add to his Sunderland and Crystal Palace documentary appearances and join Reyolds and co at Wrexham.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 10:06:52 »

I'm not getting down on a guy who has top-scored thus far with 9 goals from midfield. One of the very few who clears the 'acceptable level of performance over the season' bar.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 10:09:47 »

Williams is a cut above league 2, if he has the players around him. He isn't an individual in the same way McKirdy was, so needs other quick brained players to play with. Which we lack at the moment.

But Williams largely joined us because of Garner right? So odds him going to Colchester?
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 10:13:56 »

Williams is a cut above league 2, if he has the players around him. He isn't an individual in the same way McKirdy was, so needs other quick brained players to play with. Which we lack at the moment.

But Williams largely joined us because of Garner right? So odds him going to Colchester?

I think you are probably right. He was better last season in Garner's side when we had Jack Payne running the show, Louis Reed looking after things in midfield and Mckirdy and Ty Simpson causing havoc up front. He's been a shadow this season, don't get me wrong, 9 goals from midfield is an excellent return and he has put in some great performances. It's a real shame we couldn't have kicked on from last season, he may have wanted to extend his stay if that was the case. (i'm assuming he's not going to based on nothing)

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 10:17:20 »

I thought his form was quite good going into the world cup. Then not so after, though been brighter in the last 2.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 10:23:00 »

No to McKirdy, and I am sure the backroom staff would agree

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: