Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next seasons rebuild 23/24  (Read 29133 times)
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 12:56:47 »

Ironic that after so many years of 1 year deals and bemoaning summer overhauls, it’s this year that we chose to finally give out 2 year deals to a lot of the squad and this is the summer we’re most keen on an overhaul.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 13:01:54 »

No issue with any of them leaving really. Apart from Sol Brynn could anyone say they've had a good season? FBT maybe falls into that category and Tom Clayton has adapted to league football well. Elsewhere i'm struggling with average to poor assessments throughout the squad. Our league position highlights this.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 13:05:38 »

Too late, its on twitter now. Rift central I reckon.

Bet its pretty common at more clubs. Disappointing but there we are.

No issue with any of them leaving really. Apart from Sol Brynn could anyone say they've had a good season? FBT maybe falls into that category and Tom Clayton has adapted to league football well. Elsewhere i'm struggling with average to poor assessments throughout the squad. Our league position highlights this.

Clayton - you're right we do have to take into account that Wakeling, Lavinier, Clayton and possibly a few others are only just cutting their teeth on league football. Could have very bright futures.

Which would be OK if we hadn't packed the rest of the squad with punts.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 13:09:06 by Batch » Logged
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 13:08:35 »

Totally agree. I'd be sad to see FBT go, and Austin and Williams based more on services rendered, but I wouldn't give a toss if I never saw any others of this lot again, which is a massively sad. Maybe Wakeling too as I type this...

I can't think of a less likeable squad in the last 30 years. A proper rabble of misfit mercenaries. How the club sorts it out having given them 2 year contracts is anyone's guess.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 13:09:47 »

So Hutton has aligned himself with the unprofessional element. Imagine my shock. I have no issue Morris going through this squad like a dose of salts. If FBT was posting it I'd be concerned.

Not the wisest thing to do, but players can have friends and want to support them, even if said friend has a bad work attitude right?

I don't read this as Hutton giving it to Morris like perhaps others are.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 13:10:02 »

A proper rabble of misfit mercenaries.

Do you mean mercenaries? Seriously, they are not here for the money!
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 15:42:42 by Batch » Logged
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 15:14:24 »

Williams for me.

Clems Army!
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 20:00:31 »

Hutton’s instagram a photo with Adeloye and a love heart. Squad harmony over Morris to be questioned

These cunts are so precious aren't they. Easy for them to sub reference the manager when someone like Hutton is about 5/6ths already out the door. It's shit stirring behaviour really and we used to see it from McGirty and Woolery before him.

Although it is ''just a love heart'', Hutton knows exactly what he's doing in that respect and probably thinks it's clever. All it does is make things a bit unsettling and probably isolates Adeloye even more. Well done dickhead. As I said, it won't bother Hutton much when he's pretty much all but secured a move away from Town.

Probably worth dropping him now for the next game. End of the day bad eggs tend to smell and it can't be good for the likes of Wakeling who seems a decent lad, when you've got some wannabe-big-time-charlie-neverbeen trying to cause problems in the camp.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 20:09:10 »

These cunts are so precious aren't they. Easy for them to sub reference the manager when someone like Hutton is about 5/6ths already out the door. It's shit stirring behaviour really and we used to see it from McGirty and Woolery before him.

Although it is ''just a love heart'', Hutton knows exactly what he's doing in that respect and probably thinks it's clever. All it does is make things a bit unsettling and probably isolates Adeloye even more. Well done dickhead. As I said, it won't bother Hutton much when he's pretty much all but secured a move away from Town.

Probably worth dropping him now for the next game. End of the day bad eggs tend to smell and it can't be good for the likes of Wakeling who seems a decent lad, when you've got some wannabe-big-time-charlie-neverbeen trying to cause problems in the camp.

What did McKirdy do that was similar to that? I’m not disagreeing by the way, but just didn’t know Harry did anything like that with us (although I am aware that some of his tweets didn’t go down well with Hibs fans)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 20:56:44 »

What did McKirdy do that was similar to that? I’m not disagreeing by the way, but just didn’t know Harry did anything like that with us (although I am aware that some of his tweets didn’t go down well with Hibs fans)

He pretty much lives on Insta and posted loads of wind up tripe when he was at Town.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 08:25:21 »

Last night shows that Williams should be our #1 target for a contract extension, not Austin.
I love Charlie but he’s had an odd spell. Jonny was brilliant and a team properly built around him as a floating 10 could be great. Too often he’s been asked to do a job that he isn’t cut out for. 10 goals from midfield in a shite team is an achievement.
Would be a statement to the fans too.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 10:02:23 »

Well this sounds great...

Jody Morris: "There are conversations that need to be going on, but they haven't started yet. For me there are quite a few things that need to be discussed at the football club to see what we can do and what the budgets are.

Yeah [I don't know what resources I have]."

https://www.totalswindon.com/sport/press-conference-live-afc-wimbledon-v-swindon/
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 10:15:50 »

Jody Morris: "There are conversations that need to be going on, but they haven't started yet. For me there are quite a few things that need to be discussed at the football club to see what we can do and what the budgets are.

https://www.totalswindon.com/sport/press-conference-live-afc-wimbledon-v-swindon/

We need to stump up for our ST first before the convos can happen  Cheesy
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 10:17:32 »

And on Lewis Ward...

JM: "There are talks about what we are doing in goal next year. We are not to the bottom of that, so we don't know yet. There is a chance Ward will be involved, but when there are things going on then you don't know. I have a lot of time for Ward, he trains properly and is good around the lads, but we need to see what we can do. And we are working closely with Mildenhall to see what we need."
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 10:20:50 »

Insane if this is true. Season has been over for weeks. I can semi understand the resources bit, I imagine they’ve shit themselves a bit at the low ST numbers and are trying to adjust for lower numbers although you’d like to think they weren’t naive enough to expect high take up of ST’s after this season. But for important conversations to be lingering when we’ve basically had since end of February to plan for next season knowing we will be in League 2 isn’t ideal.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: