Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next seasons rebuild 23/24  (Read 29102 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 13:01:04 »

Assume Adeloye is on his way out then?

I think it's a case of Morris saying to the player in a roundabout way;

''You're not giving one hundred percent, if you apply yourself in training then you might start. Be fully committed and impress in the last 5 games and you might be part of my plans for next season. If not, there's the door.''

Put's the ball in the player's court somewhat and we'll know either way if he does apply himself correctly.

There are probably other players who also need this kind of revelation too. Nothing better than someone saying you aren't good enough/pulling your weight  to turn around and prove that you are/can. Should motivate them but it all depends on if the player thinks they need to put in the desired effort. Someone like Adeloye, if his application is poor, wouldn't last five mins under PdC - PdC Would've signed another 6 strikers in rebellion to the one  Cheesy Cheesy

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 13:32:05 »

Not that I'd want a McKirdy return, but I wonder why he wouldn't want to (if that's true)?

Well it’s like this. At any sign of discontent, poor performance or indiscipline etc, Garner put his hands around McKirdys shoulders, Morrison the other hand is more likey to put his hands round his throat. Does that help? 🤣

Edit: FFS, I’m sure I typed in Morris but I’ll leave the typo for those of you who get off on pointing these things out.
« Last Edit: Monday, April 17, 2023, 17:15:13 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 13:53:14 »

‘ I asked Morris about Charlie Austin's fitness and why Tomi Adeloye has been excluded from the squad:

He is one of a few players who are a bit sore and we will be looking at if he can play in the next day
Jephcott has seemed more committed to the club and wanting to give everything than Adeloye’
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 15:07:29 »

Well it’s like this. At any sign of discontent, poor performance or indiscipline etc, Garner put his hands around McKirdys shoulders, Morrison the other hand is more likely to put his hands around his throat. Does that help? 🤣

Mark Morrison had a great career as a singer, never knew he had a violent streak in him or football management for that matter.

FWIW, if an approach was made by STFC for McGirty to return then it was before Morrison(sic) was manager anyway.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 16:46:29 »

Mark Morrison had a great career as a singer, never knew he had a violent streak in him or football management for that matter.

FWIW, if an approach was made by STFC for McGirty to return then it was before Morrison(sic) was manager anyway.

Morrison has faced various criminal charges during his career, including a 1997 conviction for attempting to bring a firearm aboard an airliner, for which he served three months in jail just as his hit song "Return of the Mack" began rising up the US Billboard charts.[1][17] In 1998, he failed to appear in court on charges of possessing an offensive weapon, choosing to instead fly to Barbados. He was arrested and remanded into custody upon his return to the United Kingdom.[18][19] He was later cleared of the offensive weapon charge.[20]

He was convicted of affray for his part in a brawl resulting in one fatality and sentenced to community service.[17] Morrison later was incarcerated in Wormwood Scrubs for a year for paying a lookalike (Gabriel Maferika) to perform his court-appointed community service in his stead, while Morrison himself went on tour.[17][21] While in prison, Morrison reportedly converted to Islam and attempted to change his name to Abdul Rahman.[22] Also in 1998, Morrison was banned from driving for six months and fined £1,380 after twice being caught driving without a licence.[23]

In 2002, Morrison was arrested on suspicion of kidnapping and car theft.[24] He was released on bail, but a policeman was later arrested on suspicion of taking a bribe from Morrison in return for his release.[24] Morrison failed to appear in court to face the charges and a warrant was issued for his arrest.[24]

In 2004, he was arrested and spent a night in custody, after a fracas in which a platinum and diamond medallion was snatched from around his neck during a confrontation at a Leicester nightclub.[25]

Hmmm

Warning, NMH may get knickers twisted for going off thread.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 16:48:00 »

Morrison has faced various criminal charges during his career, including a 1997 conviction for attempting to bring a firearm aboard an airliner, for which he served three months in jail just as his hit song "Return of the Mack" began rising up the US Billboard charts.[1][17] In 1998, he failed to appear in court on charges of possessing an offensive weapon, choosing to instead fly to Barbados. He was arrested and remanded into custody upon his return to the United Kingdom.[18][19] He was later cleared of the offensive weapon charge.[20]

He was convicted of affray for his part in a brawl resulting in one fatality and sentenced to community service.[17] Morrison later was incarcerated in Wormwood Scrubs for a year for paying a lookalike (Gabriel Maferika) to perform his court-appointed community service in his stead, while Morrison himself went on tour.[17][21] While in prison, Morrison reportedly converted to Islam and attempted to change his name to Abdul Rahman.[22] Also in 1998, Morrison was banned from driving for six months and fined £1,380 after twice being caught driving without a licence.[23]

In 2002, Morrison was arrested on suspicion of kidnapping and car theft.[24] He was released on bail, but a policeman was later arrested on suspicion of taking a bribe from Morrison in return for his release.[24] Morrison failed to appear in court to face the charges and a warrant was issued for his arrest.[24]

In 2004, he was arrested and spent a night in custody, after a fracas in which a platinum and diamond medallion was snatched from around his neck during a confrontation at a Leicester nightclub.[25]

Hmmm

I seem to recall him appearing on TOTP in handcuffs as a nod to a recent misdemeanour!
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 19:16:16 »

Hmmm

Oh-uh-uh-oh! Come on! Oh yeah!
Well I tried to tell you so - Yes, I did!
But I guess you didn't know?
As the saddest story goes,
Baby, now I got the flow!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 19:17:22 »

Morrison later was incarcerated in Wormwood Scrubs for a year for paying a lookalike (Gabriel Maferika) to perform his court-appointed community service in his stead, while Morrison himself went on tour.[

Hmmm

This is it. This is the post to close all threads. Absolute quality that he got away with it initially.

Also sorry, think I was getting Mark Morrison mixed up with Tunde Baiyewu of Lighthouse Family fame  Smiley

#SeeMarkForAllYourFakeIDNeeds

'Incessant Nonsense'

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 19:26:17 »

Oh-uh-uh-oh! Come on! Oh yeah!
Well I tried to tell you so - Yes, I did!
But I guess you didn't know?
As the saddest story goes,
Baby, now I got the flow!

Strangely I put the radio (two) on for the first time in ages and that song was played during the hour I had it on.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #234 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 21:03:22 »

The Return of the Mack album is absolute gold BTW.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 11:56:23 »

Hutton’s instagram a photo with Adeloye and a love heart. Squad harmony over Morris to be questioned
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 11:58:33 »

I'd totally missed that was from Hutton ...

ut-oh, is a bomb squad forming before our very eyes ..
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 12:14:02 »

So Hutton has aligned himself with the unprofessional element. Imagine my shock. I have no issue Morris going through this squad like a dose of salts. If FBT was posting it I'd be concerned.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 12:35:36 »

Hutton’s instagram a photo with Adeloye and a love heart. Squad harmony over Morris to be questioned

Now gone private
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 12:39:42 »

Now gone private

Too late, its on twitter now. Rift central I reckon.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: