Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next seasons rebuild 23/24  (Read 28162 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 10:29:17 »

Interesting snippet from the presser re Brewitt

If he plays a certain number of games he gets extended. He is close to that number.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 10:30:01 »

The STFC rack  Smiley
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 10:43:23 »

And on Lewis Ward...

JM: "There are talks about what we are doing in goal next year. We are not to the bottom of that, so we don't know yet. There is a chance Ward will be involved, but when there are things going on then you don't know. I have a lot of time for Ward, he trains properly and is good around the lads, but we need to see what we can do. And we are working closely with Mildenhall to see what we need."

Fuck sake, just what the club needs, the manager now acting like some sort of social media ITK....
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 10:51:32 »

If he plays a certain number of games he gets extended. He is close to that number.

I wonder if it's the same with Mceachran?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 11:43:45 »

I wonder if it's the same with Mceachran?
I think the club hold the option on McE’ based on what was said when he signed.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 12:01:22 »

"things going on" probably means us, but could also mean on wards side. There's a reason why he couldn't sign in January, no idea if that extends beyond season end
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 12:05:23 »

"things going on" probably means us, but could also mean on wards side. There's a reason why he couldn't sign in January, no idea if that extends beyond season end

We may never know - depends on what was in his settlement agreement.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 12:22:33 »

We would be foolish to trigger that at this point. It may be we decide there is a place in next years squad for him, but no point having our hand forced because he has made do in an emergency case at the end of this season.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 12:24:29 »

Time for a Minturn run of games

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 12:24:53 »

If it relates to Sutton I can't see how it can extend beyond the end of the season.

As I have bored with on here before, I suspect its as simple as his settlement will include a pretty standard clause that if he gets paid employment in football before his cancelled contract would have ended then he has to pay some of that back and if that were the case we would have to start paying him. He trains with us whilst being paid by Sutton and I imagine if Brynn had got crooked we would have signed the out of contract Ward and started paying him.

Its all not helped by Morris seeming to love a bit of intrigue and trying to distance himself from things with a 'who know guv' stock answer.

Time for a Minturn run of games

Frankly if we are safe I would get any kids close to the first team in, plus anyone likley to be angling to leave or Morris just doesn't fancy out the team.

I suppose the only caveat is people like Adeloye who have a contract for next year but Morris doesn't fancy maybe need to be playing to either get into his plans or be in the shop window to allow us to try and get rid.
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 12:29:39 by horlock07 » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 13:03:54 »

Anyone with half a brain should realise that conversations needed to be opened with OOC players you want to keep as soon as you hit the last 6 months of their deal. Pathetic
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 13:06:29 »

We would be foolish to trigger that at this point. It may be we decide there is a place in next years squad for him, but no point having our hand forced because he has made do in an emergency case at the end of this season.
Might not have a choice. If his short term contract stated that if he played 10 or whatever he would get an extension, that is shat he us entitled to. If we didn’t fancy him during his short stint here Morris just wouldn’t pick him to prevent having to give him an extension.
Oldwembley69

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 13:08:12 »

JM confirmed today that no talks have been had with players other than Brewitt. He does not know what the budget will be next season as yet. Why do I feel this is going to be a similar close season as the last few years! Crying

JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 13:21:41 »

JM confirmed today that no talks have been had with players other than Brewitt. He does not know what the budget will be next season as yet. Why do I feel this is going to be a similar close season as the last few years! Crying

In all fairness I don’t think a manager / head coach should know their budget - just when players are signed and when they’re coming to close to capacity. However, to not have had conversations with OOC players, let alone players from other clubs who have 6 months left on their deal would be brainless and would get us back to where we are every season. Amateur hour and not in align with Angus notes in the advisory board minutes.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 13:26:49 »

If you look back at the 'squad' defenders we have had in recent years in L2, I would argue that he is better than all of them:

Harries
Brennan
Minturn
Broadbent (one glorious day aside)
Zakuani
Curran
Robertson
Lancashire (aware he was a starter but truly rank)
Carroll
Romanski
Menayese
Etc etc

Is he as good as past starting L2 CBs of recent years? No:

Conroy
Preston
Nelson
Baudry
Woolfenden
REG
JOB
Crichlow
Cooper

On that basis, being realistic about where we are and accepting that he seems to be a good squad "character" and can apparently play at RB and DM too, he seems an eminently sensible squad option for next year.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: