Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Carlisle  (Read 23030 times)
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 20:46:27 »

The ‘self appointed fans spokesman’ reputation never usually ends well does it, see Jay/GW Reds.

I only caught a few minutes of it, the Mckirdy crap aside I think it would have been fine if he didn’t join in with every chant and just let the crowd finish it off. Instead, it was like they’d pulled a drunk out of the CGH in an attempt to drum up some atmosphere.

To be fair, we are mid table in League 2 in what is likely to be one of our most forgettable seasons of all time, so I really don’t think the place is going to be bouncing pre-match regardless of what entertainment is on offer. In fact, I can probably count on one hand where there has been an atmosphere pre-match at the CG in recent years - Doyle’s return v Exeter, PV play offs the two that immediately come to mind…
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 20:49:20 »

Funnily enough I was only thinking about Jay and the GWR reds earlier. They have disappeared off the face of the planet, anyone know what happened? I recall seeing someone say at the start of the year they had a messy break up or something.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 21:21:08 »

Like many I have my own pre-match routine that doesn't see me into my seat until about 10 mins before kick off. A quick blast of Republica and I'm 'Ready to Go'. Not sure who is moaning about a lack of pre-game atmosphere. The occasion dictates that, and Harrogate at home (for example) ain't an occasion. Fair play to this chap for having a go but it is a hell of an ask to do something like that for any period of time without a fairly rigid programme of interviewees, presentations, games on the pitch etc. You'd have to be an expert level presenter to be simply be 'man with microphone' without it turning into a bit of a ramble. As I say, I missed it, but I'm never going to mock a well intentioned effort to make it better for everyone.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 22:02:23 »

Having read the previous posts about ‘Hanners’ et al I now know what I witnessed yesterday. I don’t normally get into the ground before 14.50 so arriving at 14.35 was a nice surprise. I have no idea who this ‘Hanners’ chap is nor did I notice him until he was walking along the town end somewhere between 10-5 mins before the players came out. However, as the good Dr. mentioned it did seem the club had dragged out a pissed up stoner from the CG Hotel aided and abetted by a couple of impressionable kids. In my defence your honour, the two blokes in front of me stand up from the moment they get to their seat until virtually the ref blows his whistle so I see very little of what goes on, especially at half time. However on this occasion I needed to stretch my legs so stood up to see this ‘Hanners’ and the Cpl of kids before sitting down and thinking Jesus fucking Christ how embarrassing. On reflection I see what the club was trying to do but please, can they kind of refine it a bit? Personal abuse is not clever however.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Monday, March 13, 2023, 06:15:59 »

Or just employ a professional stadium presenter on an ad hoc basis. You get what you (don't) pay for.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Monday, March 13, 2023, 08:03:35 »

Not quite sure what the point of Hanners deactivating his personal twitter account is if he's just going to log into his podcast one and like all the comments supporting him.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Monday, March 13, 2023, 08:06:52 »

That newly appearing Troll, Mark Stewart, is now trying to denigrate and humiliate Vic Morgan.

Honestly, what’s the point in just spitting bile.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Monday, March 13, 2023, 08:23:13 »

Not sure if it's been mentioned but Clem's close agent associate Craig Moore was sat alongside him at the game. Whenever Craig has popped a pic of him and Clem together before, it's been around the time of appointments (Summer managerial search, January managerial search). It's probably just mere coincidence, or may add some credence to some of the Sandro murmurings.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Monday, March 13, 2023, 08:36:54 »

Quote from: Pericardinho
Not quite sure what the point of Hanners deactivating his personal twitter account is if he's just going to log into his podcast one and like all the comments supporting him.

if he's getting personal abuse on his account I can understand it.

I'd imagine more than one person has access to the STBL account.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Monday, March 13, 2023, 08:49:43 »

if he's getting personal abuse on his account I can understand it.

I'd imagine more than one person has access to the STBL account.

I mean, yeah, but I still think it's him.

This whole thing is a bit silly now anyway. People are entitled to call it Cringe, Embarrasing, Tin Pot etc. The same way people are entitled to praise him for trying something different.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Monday, March 13, 2023, 08:59:23 »

But it’s different to say it’s cringe as a general post but, imo, it’s not acceptable to personally post shit directly.

Real piss boiler.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Monday, March 13, 2023, 09:07:11 »

Not sure if it's been mentioned but Clem's close agent associate Craig Moore was sat alongside him at the game. Whenever Craig has popped a pic of him and Clem together before, it's been around the time of appointments (Summer managerial search, January managerial search). It's probably just mere coincidence, or may add some credence to some of the Sandro murmurings.

SdM was nowhere to been seen saturday
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Monday, March 13, 2023, 09:12:49 »

SdM was nowhere to been seen saturday
I don't think he was at the Harrogate game either.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Monday, March 13, 2023, 09:17:27 »

Out looking at players for next season …
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Monday, March 13, 2023, 09:29:06 »

The faint ripple of derision in the TE as Carlisle scored the winner says it all.
For those that were grasping on to the last crumbs of hope that we could somehow sneak into the Playoffs...the game was up. Its mid table this season, like it or not.

My view is that i thought they were a better side but we seemed to match them in the first half.

Superb strike for the first goal after Key Stone Cop defending.

Notched a goal goal after Austin misses a sitter and looked on course for a well earned point (we do, however, need wins) and we fucking blew it big time.

I managed a village side in the Salisbury and District league and even i know how to see out the last few minutes/seconds of a game.
What makes it more painful is that we KEEP FUCKING DOING IT!!
STOP!!

When you need to bang it long or out....do it FFS!

Season has gone and its a shame as i was hoping we could kick on from last season. We had goodwill, good attendances and we fucked it up.

Credit to Carlisle for bringing good numbers like that, even though they are doing well.

Thats me missing due to holiday...back for the Mansfield game on Good Friday.

Its all a bit meh...

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: