Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Carlisle  (Read 24088 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 13:02:06 »

This is where  Morris/Brand’s coaching expertise should come to the fore.

Indeed with all the squad where necessary.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 13:08:40 »

so how was the pre match in stadiim build up then

Seems hanners has deactivated his Twitter after negative feedback.

personally I'm not comfortable when when group starts to exert influence in the club and others excluded, but at the end of the day  he was just trying to liven up the match day atmosphere.

missed what actually happened on Twitter mind, seems a massive shame
I wouldn’t message him directly as I assume some have done but at the same time it seems to have gone full circle on Twitter where you can’t criticise it and he should be thanked and applauded regardless.

I walked into the ground with a rendition of him singing “oh Harry McKirdy” it was just ridiculous. It was an embarrassing experience and was picked up by the Carlisle fans as sounding like a drunk guy had picked up the microphone.

Hanners seems a nice guy but he is another that seems to think he is the voice of the fans and that will always rub some up the wrong way. His mission to make Caddis manager was a case in point, he seemed a bit off when everyone else didn’t seem to share his enthusiasm.
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 13:11:19 »

We know Austin was Clems signing - he out right said that.

Seen nothing to prove Sandro was bypassed with Morris.

Only hint's as said, which why I said 'I THINK', not 'I KNOW'
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 13:19:42 »

I wouldn’t message him directly as I assume some have done but at the same time it seems to have gone full circle on Twitter where you can’t criticise it and he should be thanked and applauded regardless.

I walked into the ground with a rendition of him singing “oh Harry McKirdy” it was just ridiculous. It was an embarrassing experience and was picked up by the Carlisle fans as sounding like a drunk guy had picked up the microphone.

Hanners seems a nice guy but he is another that seems to think he is the voice of the fans and that will always rub some up the wrong way. His mission to make Caddis manager was a case in point, he seemed a bit off when everyone else didn’t seem to share his enthusiasm.

Personal abuse is absolutely not acceptable and having listened to the Tom Broadbent lounge podcast a couple of times, when I heard he was going to be doing the pre-match thing i didn't personally think it was a good idea, but I know a lot of people love his enthusiasm. It seems yesterday was just a case of getting carried away. The Carlisle fans/Harry McKirdy thing I think was a poor idea and if you are willing to stand in the middle of a pitch with a microphone in front of 10,000 people you have to expect some feedback. (not the ropey microphone kind)

Absolute fair fucks to him for having the cojones to do it and hopefully the occasion hasn't affected his mental health too much and he goes back to fronting the podcast that I know many fans enjoy.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
donaldslovehild

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 13:21:35 »

Only hint's as said, which why I said 'I THINK', not 'I KNOW'

It's called 'making stuff up'.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 13:28:30 »

Really disappointed to see about Hanners. I found it cringey and awkward yesterday but at least he was trying. Could have had some genuine constructive feedback and it was good to get the kids involved with pre-match build-up. Still nobody deserved the abuse he was getting - our fans really do question me sometimes.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 13:30:43 »

There seems to be some troll who has appeared that is arguing with everyone over eveything! Most bizarre
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 13:32:57 »

I'm glad I missed the Hanners thing. He seems a decent bloke but it also seems cringey. Bad all round.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 13:35:20 »

There seems to be some troll who has appeared that is arguing with everyone over eveything! Most bizarre
‘Mark Stewart’. Would love to know who he really is as he clearly has too much time on his hands as it’s just relentless.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 13:36:36 »

With our injury problems and inability to defend crosses in to our box, particularly (but not exclusively) from corners, a play off finish now seems unlikely and my thoughts turn to next season.

With a decent coaching set-up now in place, I believe we have the makings of a decent group of young players most of who will have benefitted from a seasons experience at league 2 level.

The current players who are either contracted or who I would seek to get signed up at least for a further season are- Hutton, Lavinier, Minturn, Tomlinson, Clayton, Blake-Tracey, Brewitt (admittedly based on evidence of only 1 game), McEachran, Khan, Wakelin, Hepburn-Murphy.

Happy for following to be released: Darcy, Iandolo, Adeloye, Shade, Williams (contentious i know just feel he is too lightweight), Aguair, Roberts, Harries, Baudry, Cain, Devine ( too injury prone).

I suspect this will be Austins last season but would be a good influence if he wants to carry on as a squad option or part coaching role.

No interest in signing Jephcott or any of the other loanees, unless Brynn became available, which is highly unlikely.

Would need to then focus on recruiting a group of experienced players who add physicality, particularly to spine of the team i.e Goalie, Centre half, Central defensive midfielder and centre forward. Get the recruitment right and we may have  shout at automatics next time season.

Thoughts?
adje

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 13:49:35 »

"Tom Brewitt admitted to deliberately injuring a team-mate in a bid to make his Liverpool debut
He faced competition from Dan Cleary for a starting spot in Jurgen Klopp's team
The 23-year-old said he would try and 'hurt' his team-mate in training sessions
Brewitt reveals he left Cleary on crutches for two weeks following his 'bad tackle"

Perhaps he's the "nasty" player we've been lacking!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #371 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 13:57:03 »

"Tom Brewitt admitted to deliberately injuring a team-mate in a bid to make his Liverpool debut
He faced competition from Dan Cleary for a starting spot in Jurgen Klopp's team
The 23-year-old said he would try and 'hurt' his team-mate in training sessions
Brewitt reveals he left Cleary on crutches for two weeks following his 'bad tackle"

Perhaps he's the "nasty" player we've been lacking!
Was covered in the transfer rumours last week mate, hes 7 years older now though so probably grown up a bit.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 13:59:08 »

Personal abuse is absolutely not acceptable and having listened to the Tom Broadbent lounge podcast a couple of times, when I heard he was going to be doing the pre-match thing i didn't personally think it was a good idea, but I know a lot of people love his enthusiasm. It seems yesterday was just a case of getting carried away. The Carlisle fans/Harry McKirdy thing I think was a poor idea and if you are willing to stand in the middle of a pitch with a microphone in front of 10,000 people you have to expect some feedback. (not the ropey microphone kind)

Absolute fair fucks to him for having the cojones to do it and hopefully the occasion hasn't affected his mental health too much and he goes back to fronting the podcast that I know many fans enjoy.

This.

Don’t doubt the blokes intentions or his passion for STFC.

…but…I guarantee that if any other club had a fans podcast host trying to get chants going pre-match we’d all be calling it tinpot. I am surprised Sandro hasn’t had the blame for it though.

I get that atmosphere is an issue but there is only one way around that - and that’s to win football matches. Which we don’t do.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 14:01:07 »

Win football matches, play bigger teams / rivals who bring big away support which generates a decent atmosphere.

So, give no fucks
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 14:02:38 »

Most players make mistakes at some point in their career, and I suspect he regrets this interview too. I'll judge him on how he performs and he massively exceeded expectation levels on first showing. Hard to think of many better individual defensive showings this year, which tells a story too! Here's hoping he continues to do well.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: