Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Carlisle  (Read 23038 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 16:20:46 »

Just a few older experienced additions throughout the squad to help the younger players!

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 16:43:43 »

Last 2 games against the leaders and the 2nd. Conceded 3 goals - all from corners.

Not that I know much about coaching but I’d suspect that really shouldn’t be a too difficult thing to negate.

Orient created very few chances, likewise Carlisle. Cut out the basic errors and there you go!
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 17:11:50 »

You can get out of this league playing a variety of styles.

A simple fix to our issue with defending set pieces is simple. Be better on the ball, play more in the oppositions half and then as a result we'll concede less set pieces and therefore give away less opportunities.

We don't need to be 'good' at that element of the game. Our problem is we concede too many and eventually one of them go in.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 17:15:26 »

Something needs to change as we were messing around at the back under Williams, Garner & Lindsey!
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 17:19:28 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 17:51:24 »

You can get out of this league playing a variety of styles.

A simple fix to our issue with defending set pieces is simple. Be better on the ball, play more in the oppositions half and then as a result we'll concede less set pieces and therefore give away less opportunities.

We don't need to be 'good' at that element of the game. Our problem is we concede too many and eventually one of them go in.

A simpler fix would be to learn how to defend set pieces
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 19:06:26 »

A simpler fix would be to learn how to defend set pieces

Yeah it's that simple. Why doesn't everybody just learn how to defend set pieces and then there won't be any scored ever in the Football League. Good idea.

We are a small side. It's always going to be a weakness in our game. We favour technical players over physical ones. it's not going to change.

Can we improve on set pieces. Yes. But the easier and much more simple solution is just to keep the ball away from our own goal. We conceded 18 corners combined vs Orient and Carlisle. That's asking for trouble with our squad no matter how much we practice them.
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 19:20:55 »

It's called 'making stuff up'.

Not really, its called forming and opinion on the information given, its called critical thinking
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 19:35:28 »

Bugger me, just looked on twitter. What is this outpouring of grief for that monstrosity before the game.

Anyone saying they didn’t enjoy it is being crucified, no wonder the club get away with so much shit. They are creating a cult of personality around it that wards off any negative feedback.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 19:56:26 »

Anyone saying they didn’t enjoy it is being crucified, no wonder the club get away with so much shit. They are creating a cult of personality around it that wards off any negative feedback.

Standard behaviour.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 20:02:10 »

Bugger me, just looked on twitter. What is this outpouring of grief for that monstrosity before the game.

It has gone way too far the other way now.

I’m not sure if my morals are out of whack or something but I don’t think there is anything wrong with expressing the opinion that it was embarrassing or cringe or of course the Carlisle fans taking the piss out of it. All this should have been expected, if he was expecting a universal pat on the back it was never going to happen.

If someone has made it personal they need calling out but that isn’t really what I’ve seen.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 20:12:48 »

Can someone explain what happened for those of us who weren't there yesterday.

So, give no fucks
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 20:19:37 »

Can someone explain what happened for those of us who weren't there yesterday.
Hanners did the pre match stuff over the PA before the match, I think it’s fair to say it’s been divisive amongst fans in how it has been received, personally I thought it was embarrassing and feel that’s a valid opinion to have considering I walked into him singing “oh Harry McKirdy”

He’s now deleted his Twitter with the belief that he’s been hounded off it by a section of our fans. If it really has got personal then that’s our of order but if it’s because of people just tweeting it was embarrassing or cringe then I don’t really see what’s wrong with that, people are allowed to express an opinion, it’s not really insulting.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 20:21:03 »

Yes I agree, if someone made it personal that is out of order. But as you say, I didn’t see that I saw people calling it for what it was.

I actually think the club as always by their own inaction have ended up putting him in this position. They should know their fanbase and be able to create a pre-match atmosphere themselves.

The problem with expecting Hanners to do it, is that he has the ear of probably about 1000 fans through TSTBL, however there were probably 8000 people there yesterday who didn’t have a clue who he was. So they just thought he was a random who had got hold of the microphone. The old chap behind me who has been going for years kept shouting “shut up”

There is a huge amount that could be done to change the atmosphere before a game, but I can’t say I have seen the club even attempt to deviate from the usual playlist or entertainment to test the waters.

In fairness I think they did a good job engaging the youngsters yesterday. But the fans they need to get onside are the middle age to older fans. These are the ones booing and generally fed up with what is on offer. I don’t think the club is doing anything to connect with these people at all, yet that is realistically the bulk of their recurring season ticket holders.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 20:25:59 »

Hanners did the pre match stuff over the PA before the match, I think it’s fair to say it’s been divisive amongst fans in how it has been received, personally I thought it was embarrassing and feel that’s a valid opinion to have considering I walked into him singing “oh Harry McKirdy”

He’s now deleted his Twitter with the belief that he’s been hounded off it by a section of our fans. If it really has got personal then that’s our of order but if it’s because of people just tweeting it was embarrassing or cringe then I don’t really see what’s wrong with that, people are allowed to express an opinion, it’s not really insulting.

Cheers theakson I didn't know what had happened.

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 20:42:35 »

I get this is the social media age and what not and this question isn’t aimed at you or anyone in particular.

But do people have to express their opinions? Just because people have the platform to doesn’t mean they should / have to. Like yeah peoples prerogative to find it cringe and embarrassing but do they really have to then post tweets to that effect? Couldn’t they have just kept their opinion to themselves?

I get that makes absolutely no sense seen as I’m positing it on a forum which is the archaic version of social media and we’ve all been critical of the players and plenty of others down the years in the public domain.

I barely know Hanners but surely he’s not stupid enough to think that whatever he did would have appealed to absolutely everyone? He must have known there would be differing opinions and they would be voiced….he’s also aware that Harry McKirdy doesn’t play for us and cost us a spot at Wembley !!
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: