Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Carlisle  (Read 24210 times)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 12:03:46 »

We need to remember we've just played the top two sides in the middle of a full blown injury crisis. Morris is having to shuffle a pretty sparse hand. He'll know that Austin is a last 12 yards poacher, so lets see how we go when a few more players are back. I've written this season off, largely as a result of our bizarre January, so if we somehow sneak in at the death then it will be a bonus but there are green shoots clearly coming through in the last 4 games.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 12:06:45 »

Quote from: DMC
In his defence he is a 33 year old man who was bought in to be a target man and play a bit part and get on the end of crosses. He has no been effectively been asked to run his bollocks off for most of the game whilst hepburn murphy fails to trap cement and Williams throws himself to the ground every 5 minutes.

He is the only one dropping deap to try make it happen from that front 5 . Just leave him up the top of the pitch

it's no coincidence both Austin and Jephcott have struggled to make chances. We don't play to their strengths enough.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 12:08:05 »

Absolutely.

Personally I thought Darcy was as bad as Cain yesterday when he came on, constantly giving the ball away.

For me Khan is a better footballer than both of them put together and only 2 more games and he will return. Just hope he can sort his head out from making stupid challenges and losing his temper so easily and he will be an automatic starting player ahead of Cain and Darcy.

If we can get Tomlinson and FBT fit again with the return of Lavinier and Khan thats a pretty strong side, I would play Lavinier in front of Hutton too who has become really poor at doing what he does best since deadline day it seems. Hes down to 1 or 2 decent crosses per game rather than the 4 or 5 he used to deliver.
Yes mate I agree Khan is better than both but in the meantime I think Darcy offers more than Cain has shown so far

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #348 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 12:27:42 »

Yes mate I agree Khan is better than both but in the meantime I think Darcy offers more than Cain has shown so far
Cain has been so disappointing so far, hes shown some great touches of class at times and then gives away possession with sloppy passes straight after, he blatantly has talent but through whatever reasons he has yet to grab any game and show why we signed him.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 12:29:03 »

This is where  Morris/Brand’s coaching expertise should come to the fore.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 12:34:31 »

I really don't get the Darcy hype, think he's miles off it personally
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 12:34:50 »

so how was the pre match in stadiim build up then

Seems hanners has deactivated his Twitter after negative feedback.

personally I'm not comfortable when when group starts to exert influence in the club and others excluded, but at the end of the day  he was just trying to liven up the match day atmosphere.

missed what actually happened on Twitter mind, seems a massive shame
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 12:38:01 »

The usual reaction nowadays when people have an outlet for their bile. A harmless bit of fun gets a shedload of personal vitriol, no doubt from those who would never get off their lardy arses to do anything.

Social media at its worst.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 12:39:20 »

Appreciate one swallow doesn't make a summer but I wonder, given how good he looked yesterday, if in time Brewitt could slot in as DM? Apparently he does play there too. Could add much needed physicality in our midfield. That said you've got to think that unless he is the bionic man he is going to struggle to push out another 90 mins on Tuesday from a match fitness perspective.

Cain was actually okay for me at the defensive side yesterday, getting stuck in, but was very sloppy in possession. Darcy looks good when we have the wind in our sails but goes MIA when it is a L2 slugfest, which it is most weeks!
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 12:42:05 »

Regarding Hanners;

If he has actually received abuse on social media, that is absolutely 100% not ok.

However, if he has deactivated just because a large portion of the fan base thought yesterday was cringe and embarrasing then he needs thicker skin i'm afraid.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 12:45:27 »

Appreciate one swallow doesn't make a summer but I wonder, given how good he looked yesterday, if in time Brewitt could slot in as DM? Apparently he does play there too.

Clayton can play there too.

Definitely long term ideas as we have to play whoever is fit at CB at the moment.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 12:49:27 »

I really don't get the Darcy hype, think he's miles off it personally
Not by any means saying he's the answer to our problems,just that I think he's better than Cain. But,as stated,Khan tops the pair of em for me

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 12:53:30 »

Definitely medium term thinking at best, but every good Swindon team I can remember has had a nasty bugger in midfield. Grant, McCormack, Douglas in recent times and plenty more going back further. It has been completely lacking this year and Khan absolutely isn't that man. If nothing else he doesn't have the temperament to be a horrible s***house!
As much as I like Clayton though, I feel his decision making speed is better suited to defence than midfield. A touch ponderous at times... Still one of our better performers this year and plenty to build on there.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 12:57:00 »

I haven’t seen any abuse as such on social media towards Hanners, but I did see ALOT of ‘make it stop’ type tweets. Myself included in that.

I understand the process behind it and trying to get some kind of atmosphere going, but unfortunately it sounded like someone had given a drunk person a bloke, and attempting to start a Harry McKirdy chant to wind the Carlisle fans up was just pathetic.

The atmosphere does need improving, but I don’t personally think that’s the way to do it. If Hanners wants to start chants, he can do that in The Town End without a microphone.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 12:58:25 »

Its definitely needed at this level.

Brewitt/Clayton/FBT may even work as a back three next season.

But we absolutely need to be looking at a tough tackling midfielder with experience to help the younger players next season. Not just recruiting short kids who are good technically and then playing them behind the more attacking players and hoping for the best.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: