Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Carlisle  (Read 24225 times)
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 09:50:47 »

Feel that for as much of a sucker punch that late winner was, can't help but feel there are some parallels with Wellens 18/19 season where it's becoming evident we are much better coached and there is something good to build on.

Feel that regardless who is DOF come the summer, there will be a few 25-31 year old signings to help us build on what we have.

Some street-wise needed in the team too. That 22 for them was a right prick but you could see he was rattling a few of our players. Teams don't win leagues / get promotion by being nice, and we definitely need a bit of steel in the team.
kaufman

« Reply #331 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 09:55:12 »

I think it was Clem that made the push for Morris, same as for Austin too.

Sandro held the initial meeting with Morris and his agent at a golf club. He didn’t put him off.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 10:01:31 »

Sandro held the initial meeting with Morris and his agent at a golf club. He didn’t put him off.

Thank fuck for that.
It would not surprise me to see Sandro still here start of next season if Morris and Brand believe in the recruitment model. The model works, what didn’t IMHO was a combination of budget, Lyndsey and maybe Sandro’s algorithms. Surely M & B will have a bigger and more experienced input and that should lead to better signings, better preseason and a more solid start wherever we are come August.
DMC

« Reply #333 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 10:23:46 »

Not that i think he will be but if he is still here next season then i personally will not be renewing. I have seen and heard enough to think he is not cut out for the job. I think he ends up getting the right things done because he is told after much back and forthing just do as he is told, all just my opinion but for me i will not be renewing if he is here next season. That said i will be amazed if he is here next week let alone next season
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 10:47:15 »

I think it was Clem that made the push for Morris, same as for Austin too.

Why do you think this?
adje

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 10:59:48 »

When I weigh it up, we've matched the top two for football with a weakened squad but as others have said we lack a touch of steel. Ability wise we are as good as any team in this division and I still have hope of a top 7 finish. We are capable of beating every team put in front of us. One observation,I think Darcy is better than Cain
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 12:06:51 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
DMC

« Reply #336 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 11:03:41 »

Why do you think this?
Morris said it again his preview yesterday that the Brand deal was complete because the 'right' people are involved now, added to Austin saying in every single interview that it would not have been done if Clem didn't step ini can see why he thinks it
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 11:05:54 »

Why do you think this?

Purely from comments from Morris in the press conference when he was unveiled, and what Austin said when he signed.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #338 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 11:12:44 »

When I weigh it up, we've matched the top two for football but as others have said we lack a touch of steel. Ability wise we are as good as any team in this division and I still have hope of a top 7 finish. We are capable of beating every team put in front of us. One observation,I think Darcy is better than Cain
Absolutely.

Personally I thought Darcy was as bad as Cain yesterday when he came on, constantly giving the ball away.

For me Khan is a better footballer than both of them put together and only 2 more games and he will return. Just hope he can sort his head out from making stupid challenges and losing his temper so easily and he will be an automatic starting player ahead of Cain and Darcy.

If we can get Tomlinson and FBT fit again with the return of Lavinier and Khan thats a pretty strong side, I would play Lavinier in front of Hutton too who has become really poor at doing what he does best since deadline day it seems. Hes down to 1 or 2 decent crosses per game rather than the 4 or 5 he used to deliver.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 11:20:00 »

Purely from comments from Morris in the press conference when he was unveiled, and what Austin said when he signed.

We know Austin was Clems signing - he out right said that.

Seen nothing to prove Sandro was bypassed with Morris.

DMC

« Reply #340 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 11:22:54 »

We know Austin was Clems signing - he out right said that.

Seen nothing to prove Sandro was bypassed with Morris.

Yeah nothing been said publicly as such apart from the little hints as of late. Soon see i suppose
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 11:30:40 »

Fuck me the rhetoric has changed on here re Austin today..  i despair with some of our fans sometimes, i really do..

I get where you are coming from, but as our talisman he was very poor yesterday. First half he played like he had been in the pub all morning. I said it in the MOM thread but I'm not sure he suits how JM is setting up but I guess we can't NOT play him so it's a bit of a conundrum.
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 11:48:35 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 11:59:18 »

There were definitely enough positives from yesterday to suggest that under Morris and Brand we've definitely got a good chance of having an exciting season next season. I think they have implemented a good balance of possession  and more direct play. It was a very even game up until Carlisle's freak opener. JM made the changed and we controlled the play earning a well deserved equaliser and we should have gone on to earn at least a point. He said last week, if you aren't going to win, at least make sure you don't lose.

The last minute of the game was just odd. It seemed that Brynn seemed a bit confused at how to see out the game. My preference would have been for him to go long and wide, we maybe get a nick off a Carlisle defender and we get a long throw chance into their box. To do what we did, and then defend the corner the way we did was absolutely horrific. Standard how not to close out a game 101.

A real shame, but positive signs under this management duo given what they are doing with the rag tag of squad we have. This summer and next season are going to be cracking I reckon.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
DMC

« Reply #343 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 12:00:09 »

In his defence he is a 33 year old man who was bought in to be a target man and play a bit part and get on the end of crosses. He has no been effectively been asked to run his bollocks off for most of the game whilst hepburn murphy fails to trap cement and Williams throws himself to the ground every 5 minutes.

He is the only one dropping deap to try make it happen from that front 5 . Just leave him up the top of the pitch
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 12:01:58 »

In his defence he is a 33 year old man who was bought in to be a target man and play a bit part and get on the end of crosses. He has no been effectively been asked to run his bollocks off for most of the game whilst hepburn murphy fails to trap cement and Williams throws himself to the ground every 5 minutes.

He is the only one dropping deap to try make it happen from that front 5 . Just leave him up the top of the pitch

Fair points. He did have a free header which you would expect him to at least get on target, just an off day for him really. Next chance he gets he will bury

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: