Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Carlisle  (Read 24209 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 21:02:30 »

lack of fitness caused by the appointment of the glorified PE teacher at the start of season as manager/head coach.

Cheesy

Careful. Some think its a coincidence.
bluebry

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 22:01:13 »

Ok Carlisle fan here so please don't shoot me, and I watched it on a dodgy box, so opinions may differ from people that were actually there, but anyway here are my opinions??
I thought that overall both teams were on an even keel, midfields winning the day with limited offensive actions (by both sides) most of the game.
We, looked comfortable after we scored, and it wasn't until our management made a couple of (in my opinion) baffling substitutions that looked like it was going to change the game. Because shortly after that Swindon started to take control and it was no surprise when they equalized, I was then fearing the worst as suddenly you were all over us, only a winner for the home side was in my thinking, although secretly hoping for a draw (which was the best I could hope for at that stage).
However rather than 'us' trying to win it it looked like Swindon were trying to 'give it away', completely senseless playing from the back which slowed the impetus down and allowed us to get a foothold back in the game, completely baffling!!!!!! At that stage surely a bit of "lets chuck the ball in the box at all costs" which would have at least kept us down in our own penalty box, and at the very least the game would have ended in a draw. Not sure why on earth lower league managers think they can play 'out from the back' with the limited players at their disposal.
Anyway thanks for the 3 points and it's gone a long way from erasing that dreadful performance at our place last season 0-3, but at least that 'dreadful performance' led to Simmo (our king) getting the Carlisle job.
Personally I think you may still get in the play-offs (and I'm not trying to be nice) as there seems to be a bit of quality there. Just hope if you do then you don't play us, as it may be a completely different game. As a poster said on an earlier thread "just stop fucking about at the back". 
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 22:05:48 »

We won't - it's the Swindon way and why we have slowly headed downwards for decades.  Worked for Hoddle but very few since.

Wish you all the best as could do with some southern teams in this league next year.

LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 01:26:50 »

We didn’t deserve to win that, but didn’t deserve to lose. However… if you let the biggest bloke on the pitch, wearing number 9, stand at the far post for a free header in the six yard box, you’ve got issues. Forget how it came about, that’s basics.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 02:25:44 »

Ok Carlisle fan here so please don't shoot me, and I watched it on a dodgy box, so opinions may differ from people that were actually there, but anyway here are my opinions??
I thought that overall both teams were on an even keel, midfields winning the day with limited offensive actions (by both sides) most of the game.
We, looked comfortable after we scored, and it wasn't until our management made a couple of (in my opinion) baffling substitutions that looked like it was going to change the game. Because shortly after that Swindon started to take control and it was no surprise when they equalized, I was then fearing the worst as suddenly you were all over us, only a winner for the home side was in my thinking, although secretly hoping for a draw (which was the best I could hope for at that stage).
However rather than 'us' trying to win it it looked like Swindon were trying to 'give it away', completely senseless playing from the back which slowed the impetus down and allowed us to get a foothold back in the game, completely baffling!!!!!! At that stage surely a bit of "lets chuck the ball in the box at all costs" which would have at least kept us down in our own penalty box, and at the very least the game would have ended in a draw. Not sure why on earth lower league managers think they can play 'out from the back' with the limited players at their disposal.
Anyway thanks for the 3 points and it's gone a long way from erasing that dreadful performance at our place last season 0-3, but at least that 'dreadful performance' led to Simmo (our king) getting the Carlisle job.
Personally I think you may still get in the play-offs (and I'm not trying to be nice) as there seems to be a bit of quality there. Just hope if you do then you don't play us, as it may be a completely different game. As a poster said on an earlier thread "just stop fucking about at the back". 

Shut it
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 06:59:05 »

Is zonal marking at corners a bit too boutique for L2?
They had the man free at the back post all game, just needed to get the delivery right which eventually they did.

I like to see the centre forward get involved in games so no problem with Austin dropping deep. Some of the short range contributions were good but the attemps at longer passing less so.
Better to contribute than be isolated for most of the game as has been the case recently.

Not really happening for Cain at the moment & not through want of trying.
Maybe it's taking time to settle in, but hopefully he'll be fine.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
donaldslovehild

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 07:37:28 »

Nobody has questioned that we need to develop assets at this club, which is what your original point referred to, and I didn't infer that you inferred that Austin was crap - the poster you quoted stated it about an hour into the matchday thread.
No problem.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 08:31:27 »

Thought we played well, 2nd half in particular and we are definitely improving under Morris.   Players didn't deserve to get booed off.

But we created our own problems again.  Gave them an opportunity to press and yet another free header followed.

This season has been a fuck up from the start, the scattergun approach to recruitment, think we now have 34 players on the books, and the appointment of lyndsey were baffling.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 08:46:16 »

From my perspective reading most of the posts we can all see the issues prior to the game (Sandro, Lyndsey etc) and of course the cluster fucks during yesterday’s game particularly the last few minutes.

I felt a degree of sympathy for Austin yesterday but one man cannot do it all on his own. Minty, well done lad. George played well infact there were a lot of positive performances just not all at the same time during the game. Second half was obviously a better half whereby we took the game to them but even that petered out and was not consistent enough to win the game. Clearly as has been mentioned the winning goal was a fucking gift. Which has been symptomatic of our season. Consistently inconsistent.

There are green shoots and it would seem that Morris and Brand have had some effect on that. I’m still optimistic of an auto finish (fading fast) all be it in third place and realistically more likely a play off spot but by Christ we need to get a shift on starting on Tuesday away at Warsaw.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 08:49:24 »

what happened on the winner then. saw the 'highlights' and bugger all context to the corner.

son #2

" It was an embarrassing game at the end

We had a goal kick at the end and we did what we do best

Play it short'
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 08:49:32 »

I honestly think if we had walked away from game yesterday having lost 1-0 that most people would have felt less unhappy, the fact we had fought so hard to get back in the game got our equaliser and then gifted them the opportunity to sneak the win so late was just so irritating
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 08:59:41 »

Thought we played well yesterday, especially second half. The football is a lot better under Morris, McEachran is a real steal and he ran the show the second half. Think we'll fall up short this season, as injuries, Lindsey, and a lack of appropriate recruitment will cost us. We're still lacking tactical nous, to piss around with it at the back in the final 2 mins having fought hard to earn a point against a pretty decent outfit was just naïve and I'm glad Morris addressed that at the final whistle.

Hope that's Jephcott's last game for us, he was absolutely useless - I'd rather see Adeloye given a run-out, as he may also prove to be useless too but I've seen enough from Jephcott now to think he's nowhere near good enough. 
kaufman

« Reply #327 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 09:15:56 »

The big takeaway for me was I’ve full confidence in Morris and Brand to evaluate this squad, keep, get rid, or replace any player and we will be stronger than even last year. I won’t be gutted about any player leaving. Morris even in his short stint seems the real deal. Sandro has to be given credit for getting him in. Of course this is the appointment he should have made in the bloody first place.
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 09:35:24 »

The big takeaway for me was I’ve full confidence in Morris and Brand to evaluate this squad, keep, get rid, or replace any player and we will be stronger than even last year. I won’t be gutted about any player leaving. Morris even in his short stint seems the real deal. Sandro has to be given credit for getting him in. Of course this is the appointment he should have made in the bloody first place.

I think it was Clem that made the push for Morris, same as for Austin too.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 09:35:26 »

Feel that for as much of a sucker punch that late winner was, can't help but feel there are some parallels with Wellens 18/19 season where it's becoming evident we are much better coached and there is something good to build on.

Feel that regardless who is DOF come the summer, there will be a few 25-31 year old signings to help us build on what we have.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: