Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sutton v Swindon matchday thread  (Read 20545 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 10:59:10 »

Wasn’t a hard decision to make, not going and staying overnight. By Christ I’m glad I didn’t go though.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 11:01:40 »

That's fair, but there's also the period he was injured to look at (between Newport at home in October and the last game without him vs Wimbledon in December). In that period, we played 10, conceded 10 with three clean sheets. That's not really representative of a defence falling apart.

It's already a tedious argument, and I do think that MacDonald leaving leaves us weaker at the back. He just wasn't Gordon Greer, and wasn't irreplaceable - we just didn't replace him.

Indeed, I think that's a good conclusion Nemo.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 11:02:44 »

But again where is it evidenced that the fuck up was down to Swindon, all the stories I have seen suggest it as a fuck up on both parts, being generally vague as to what actually happened, yet its now apparently fact that it was down to our admin.

Fuck me the club is in a mess, but the amount of, at best conjecture, being presented as fact on here to talk down the club recently is peculiar.

Not aimed at you Horlock, but here is a novel idea, perhaps the club could explain the reason and put all of the conjecture to bed - either way, it's not going to change the situation.  Lots of our fans love to look to somebody to hang the blame on - Garner, Lindsey, Sandro, Gladwin, Reed, Zav, Adam Hart, Conroy, Kiely, Clem, MacDonald, the Admin and even Morris when he has only been in the door for 2 weeks and been handed a situation that equals a steaming pile of shit.  The reality is, from what we actually clearly know, the only people that genuinly deserve blame being apportioned over the past few years is Power and Sheridan in my eyes. 

Our fanbase is great at supporting this club in their numbers and financially, not so much in other areas.  As difficult as it is sometimes (lower league football and all that) the quicker the fans realise this, unite and get behind the club, the quicker we are likely to see signs of success on the pitch.

I expect pelters, but i will crawl back under my rock..   Bye

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 11:09:39 »

Then what did we sign another left back for?

It’s clear the plan was get rid of MacDonald, shift FBT inside and put Tomlinson in at Left back.
Spurs lad was just another young punt who we would have tried to have bought in even if MacDonald hadn’t left.

FBT is playing CB. He’s replaced MacDonald in the formation.

Tomlinson isn't even fit, which we knew. We were also trying to sign another Centre Back, because that clearly wasn't the plan.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 11:11:29 »

As for FBT replacing MacDonald - they started as the central back pairing *together* in four of MacDonald's last five games for Town - in the last game vs Grimsby Brennan started and FBT moved back to left back.

Exactly.

We were not signing FBT to replace MacDonald. That is bullshit. You're not planning to put Clayton and FBT together as two left footed Centre Backs.

It isn't the plan, its clearly makeshift. Clearly. Very fucking clearly.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 11:14:55 »

Then what the fuck have we signed another left back for?
If the plan is to keep FBT at left back.

You think if we signed the Spurs lad he would have gone straight into the XI?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 11:15:26 »

Not aimed at you Horlock, but here is a novel idea, perhaps the club could explain the reason and put all of the conjecture to bed - either way, it's not going to change the situation.  Lots of our fans love to look to somebody to hang the blame on - Garner, Lindsey, Sandro, Gladwin, Reed, Zav, Adam Hart, Conroy, Kiely, Clem, MacDonald, the Admin and even Morris when he has only been in the door for 2 weeks and been handed a situation that equals a steaming pile of shit.  The reality is, from what we actually clearly know, the only people that genuinly deserve blame being apportioned over the past few years is Power and Sheridan in my eyes. 

Our fanbase is great at supporting this club in their numbers and financially, not so much in other areas.  As difficult as it is sometimes (lower league football and all that) the quicker the fans realise this, unite and get behind the club, the quicker we are likely to see signs of success on the pitch.

I expect pelters, but i will crawl back under my rock..   Bye

Even if it was aimed at me, I agree with all you say!  Cheesy
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 11:16:27 »

Our fanbase is great at supporting this club in their numbers and financially, not so much in other areas.  As difficult as it is sometimes (lower league football and all that) the quicker the fans realise this, unite and get behind the club, the quicker we are likely to see signs of success on the pitch.

Its fair but support isn't unconditional,  (some) fans also want something to get behind and believe in. So its a bit chicken and egg. Diehards will of course be diehards.

In the meantime skepticism will be present. Winning team and people shut up. Same as ever. We'll see if it affects ST sales in due course.

Its too early to judge "the model" in fairness. It seemed to be workable with a bit of tweaking.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 11:19:24 »

Then what the fuck have we signed another left back for?
If the plan is to keep FBT at left back.

You think if we signed the Spurs lad he would have gone straight into the XI?

Based on who we have fit, you don't!? 
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 11:23:19 »

A reduction of 1000 season ticket sales would lose the club over a quarter of a million £. That’s probably a couple of player sales at this level so that alone undermines the whole model and that’s an entirely possible scenario currently.

Fans want to watch the team going for the best possible outcome every season not sacrificing a few years in hope of building something that might never happen. We’re a football club not an academy and the focus should always be on the here and now.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 11:23:31 »

Based on who we have fit, you don't!? 

No, i don’t.

I think even if we’d signed the Spurs lad we would have still played FBT at CB the last two games.
Might have put the Spurs lad into the 3 last night.

But I do believe that was the clubs thinking. MacDonald is gone, Tomlinson is available. We can sign him to play left back and move FBT inside.

Rightly or wrongly, I firmly believe that was the clubs thought process around the MaDonald/FBT/Tomlinson transfers.
I also suspect the idea of FBT at LCB of a back 3 and Tomlinson at LWB entered the discussion to.
kaufman

« Reply #461 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 11:25:43 »

Tomlinson himself said it wasn't till around 4pm that he was first called by his agent about us wanting him.

Make of that what you will.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 11:31:51 »

No, i don’t.

I think even if we’d signed the Spurs lad we would have still played FBT at CB the last two games.
Might have put the Spurs lad into the 3 last night.

But I do believe that was the clubs thinking. MacDonald is gone, Tomlinson is available. We can sign him to play left back and move FBT inside.

Rightly or wrongly, I firmly believe that was the clubs thought process around the MaDonald/FBT/Tomlinson transfers.
I also suspect the idea of FBT at LCB of a back 3 and Tomlinson at LWB entered the discussion to.

I think its pretty obvious to most people that what you believe is wrong. We had FBT anyway and we're trying to sign another Centre Back.

Us making a last minute signing of an injured left back is clearly something separate and doesn't change that we got rid of MacDonald with the intention of replacing him with an actual Centre Back and then didn't.

You're pretty obviously wrong.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 12:24:35 »

Tomlinson himself said it wasn't till around 4pm that he was first called by his agent about us wanting him.

Make of that what you will.

A club with the key decision makers not all pulling in the same direction?
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 12:49:01 »

Just read through the after defeat comments and as usual loads of good points made with the general consensus of opinion that  the club is in a total mess both on and off the park due to so many bad decisions being made. How these problems can be overcome is a moot point and I certainly do not have any answers but it is painfully obvious that Clem needs to take a long hard look at the situation.

Watching JM’s interview, he seemed pretty down which is understandable and I am not certain that he realised the problems he has inherited with players being not being at the level he has been used to working with and requiring far more “managerial” input to get into a position that he wants us to be.

As usual only time will tell, but personally I am far more despondent at our current state, even more so than the Sheridactyl days.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: