Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sutton v Swindon matchday thread  (Read 20841 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 12:55:39 »

Quote from: Ticker45
even more so than the Sheridactyl days.

😲😲😲
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 12:59:33 »

What other clubs at this level and L1 have a DoF that handles all the recruitment ?

I get clubs have DoF or people with similar titles but do they handle all the recruitment like Sandro does ?

I know we are trying the moneyball idea by signing young lads to hopefully improve them and sell on for profit that is fine but surely the manager should have a huge hand in the players that are signed, so he can build a squad and decide which positions he wants more experience for.

Although you get the impression Morris & Brand have not joined for any players to be just pushed onto them.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 13:01:21 »

Sandro needs to go. Get Brand in and let Morris and Brand recruit and have a proper go at it next season.

If Morris goes because we're a fucking shambles and Sandro is still signing players off his spreadsheet in the summer, I'd struggle to face the county ground next season.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 13:06:43 »

A reduction of 1000 season ticket sales would lose the club over a quarter of a million £. That’s probably a couple of player sales at this level so that alone undermines the whole model and that’s an entirely possible scenario currently.

Fans want to watch the team going for the best possible outcome every season not sacrificing a few years in hope of building something that might never happen. We’re a football club not an academy and the focus should always be on the here and now.

This for me...

I dont want to watch an Academy.

Clems Army!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 13:10:41 »

I dont want to watch an Academy.

Me either - but we need to sell to survive. To me this doesn't mean nobody over 24. Maybe a bias that way.

A major tweak is needed.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 13:10:46 »

Ryan Whelan will be providing a Swindon update later

I asked about these rumours of Brand being on a ‘secondment’
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 13:13:09 »

I mean, he's going to dispell it, right? Rght?

Its fair to ask the club WTF if this happens I think.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 13:15:10 »

Ryan Whelan will be providing a Swindon update later

On a what? What have I missed?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 13:17:20 »

Me either - but we need to sell to survive. To me this doesn't mean nobody over 24. Maybe a bias that way.

A major tweak is needed.
This is where I take issue, people keep saying we need to do what we do to be sustainable or to survive. No we don’t.

For me being a sustainable football club is about producing the best possible squad each season within our budget & selling players to fund incremental squad improvements each year. A football club is not about making a profit, it’s about not making a loss.

It is not just focusing on punts & long term development in the hope of a return, that is an academy.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 13:18:20 »

Rumour doing the rounds that Brand is coming on a 9 month secondment, whether thats true or not i dont know. Certainly a strange way of doing things if that is true.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 13:19:38 »

In a funny way, I'm surprised that staff loans haven't happened before now. In a more direct way, I hope that isn't the case.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 13:22:31 »

For me being a sustainable football club is about

I mean purely from a financial perspective - outgoings = incoming. Nothing more or less.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 13:30:10 »

Rumour doing the rounds that Brand is coming on a 9 month secondment, whether thats true or not i dont know. Certainly a strange way of doing things if that is true.

Till November would be very odd
DMC

« Reply #478 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 13:40:10 »

I had a text 5 minutes ago saying that about Brand, not that i think it's true. I love the rumours about this club
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 13:41:48 »

Maybe we've baulked at the compensation that Chelsea want/are contracted to get and this is a way around it. The guy has been at Chelsea for 15 years so perhaps he's due some kind of severance or something?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: