Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sutton v Swindon matchday thread  (Read 20819 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 10:34:25 »

Lavinier when fit

I missed out the word currently, but yes I would be tempted to drop Hutton and replace him with Lavinier when he's fit enough.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 10:37:09 »

Its all relative to who replaces him, isn't it? When its fucking no one because the clubs admin doesn't get the paperwork in on his replacement, that is the problem. The problem isn't fans that weren't bothered if it left PROVIDED HE IS REPLACED.

Its like you've lost any sense of context or nuance and just leap to mock any negative word. Its fucking weird.

No, it isn’t relative to who replaced him.
You won’t get many CBs as good as MacDonald at this level. We were never going to be able to replace him with anyone better. If people thought we could, more fool them.
We’ve replaced him with FBT - who isn’t as good & doesn’t have the same strengths.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 10:39:23 »

No, it isn’t relative to who replaced him.
You won’t get many CBs as good as MacDonald at this level. We were never going to be able to replace him with anyone better. If people thought we could, more fool them.
We’ve replaced him with FBT - who isn’t as good & doesn’t have the same strengths.

You don't need to replace him with a player as good if his head has gone and he is being disruptive to make it the right move, you just need to replace him with someone half decent......or replace him with a living breathing person and not absolutely nobody. FBT was here already.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 10:39:27 »

I seem to have missed the MacDonald man of the match threads.  

There's plenty of FBT mom threads.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 10:44:04 by 4D » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 10:39:49 »

Its all relative to who replaces him, isn't it? When its fucking no one because the clubs admin doesn't get the paperwork in on his replacement,

But again where is it evidenced that the fuck up was down to Swindon, all the stories I have seen suggest it as a fuck up on both parts, being generally vague as to what actually happened, yet its now apparently fact that it was down to our admin.

Fuck me the club is in a mess, but the amount of, at best conjecture, being presented as fact on here to talk down the club recently is peculiar.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 10:43:11 »

We already had FBT too. Net -1

So lets say we had to sell MacD. Just go with it. The replacement is massive.
We had the untried Spurs youngster lined up. Could be a world beater but same MO as ever. Is that good enough? Are we saying FBT (23 games for Peterborough, 7 for Burton) is the definition of experienced?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 10:43:38 »

McEachran is currently six votes from overtaking MacDonald's season vote tally in 75 minutes.

Obviously it's not that simple, but Chalky is right - the problem is not having a replacement of any sort, not deciding to cut our losses on MacDonald.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 10:46:58 »

You don't need to replace him with a player as good if his head has gone and he is being disruptive to make it the right move, you just need to replace him with someone half decent......or replace him with a living breathing person and not absolutely nobody. FBT was here already.

FBT was bought in to replace MacDonald. Quite literally he’s playing in his position at CB.
We bought Tomlinson in to play LB but he’s injured.

FBT is a good left back, not denying that.
Just because our fans aren’t voting for MacDonald or just because he isn’t the stand out player every week does not mean he isn’t (wasnt) doing a sterling job in our defence
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 10:50:24 »

Yeah, I'd say I prefer FBT, personally.

The issue is lacking another experienced person.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 10:51:33 »

But again where is it evidenced that the fuck up was down to Swindon, all the stories I have seen suggest it as a fuck up on both parts, being generally vague as to what actually happened, yet its now apparently fact that it was down to our admin.

Fuck me the club is in a mess, but the amount of, at best conjecture, being presented as fact on here to talk down the club recently is peculiar.

And I suppose we're blaming Chelsea for Ed Brand too, who still isn't officially here. There is one common demonstrator in all these problems and its us, Swindon Town.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 10:52:12 »

McEachran is currently six votes from overtaking MacDonald's season vote tally in 75 minutes.

Obviously it's not that simple, but Chalky is right - the problem is not having a replacement of any sort, not deciding to cut our losses on MacDonald.

The MOM votes on here are irrelevant really. If you take actual statistics, by my calculations MacDonald started 17 times and we conceded 14 goals. Since his last 90 minutes played - the 5-0 win over Grimsby we've played 4 times and conceded 9.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 10:53:18 »

FBT was bought in to replace MacDonald. Quite literally he’s playing in his position at CB.

Because we didn't replace him! If that Spurs CB signed it would be him and Clayton at CB and FBT playing Left Back.

A player we already had is playing in his position.....because we didn't replace said player.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 10:54:47 »

FBT is a better player than MacDonald,including at CH in my opinion. Although that is probably not the point people are trying to get across. I do think Tomlinson would be playing left back even if we'd signed the Spurs guy

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 10:57:53 »

Because we didn't replace him! If that Spurs CB signed it would be him and Clayton at CB and FBT playing Left Back.

A player we already had is playing in his position.....because we didn't replace said player.

Then what did we sign another left back for?

It’s clear the plan was get rid of MacDonald, shift FBT inside and put Tomlinson in at Left back.
Spurs lad was just another young punt who we would have tried to have bought in even if MacDonald hadn’t left.

FBT is playing CB. He’s replaced MacDonald in the formation.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 10:58:42 »

The MOM votes on here are irrelevant really. If you take actual statistics, by my calculations MacDonald started 17 times and we conceded 14 goals. Since his last 90 minutes played - the 5-0 win over Grimsby we've played 4 times and conceded 9.

That's fair, but there's also the period he was injured to look at (between Newport at home in October and the last game without him vs Wimbledon in December). In that period, we played 10, conceded 10 with three clean sheets. That's not really representative of a defence falling apart.

It's already a tedious argument, and I do think that MacDonald leaving leaves us weaker at the back. He just wasn't Gordon Greer, and wasn't irreplaceable - we just didn't replace him.

As for FBT replacing MacDonald - they started as the central back pairing *together* in four of MacDonald's last five games for Town - in the last game vs Grimsby Brennan started and FBT moved back to left back.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: