Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sutton v Swindon matchday thread  (Read 21750 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 08:43:44 »

Do we have scouts anymore?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 08:44:04 »

Oh and the 2 players just stood there for that second goal should be ashamed of themslves just stood there watching him stab it in. I think it was Ellis and Hutton, ironically our most experienced players on the pitch

Isn't this Hutton's second full season in the EFL? Is 1 1/2 season experienced now?

We are never going to agree on this Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 08:46:10 »

Do we have scouts anymore?

Of course we do. Which is why the recruitment isn't all down to Sandro. Its not clear who recruited who and in what order.

Maybe getting deals actually done is down to Ralph, but I've no idea.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 08:47:51 »

Some big changes needed at the club. I hope and think we will see some in the next 7 days.

What needs to happen here is Clem come out and say look i have made mistakes with the right intentions, make moves to fix them and then we have to start again as this year is a right off now imo

Bound to be some mistakes, and TBF it wasn't/isn't far off the playoffs - the last 4 games have killed us a bit.

Needs some tweaking to re-address balance is all.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 08:58:24 »

Needs some tweaking to re-address balance is all.
And competent people in key positions of course.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 09:01:55 »

Competence isn't binary though, people can improve at things with the right support and training - just as we see people on the pitch do all the time. The need for an experienced head seems to be just as true behind the scenes as on the pitch.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 09:03:56 »

Some big changes needed at the club. I hope and think we will see some in the next 7 days.

What needs to happen here is Clem come out and say look i have made mistakes with the right intentions, make moves to fix them and then we have to start again as this year is a right off now imo

About time Morris was relived from his duties.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 09:06:44 »

He’s an academy coach so far removed from real football.
It’s going to all end in tears.

I think the jury is still out rather, albeit it is a little concerning that Mad Gav seemed to be able to change the structure a bit and get them playing yet under Morris they seem to have just drifted back to the style under SL.

What i do suspect is that if say Bircham had got the gig and then lost his first three games there would be much less suggestion of him not being to blame and giving him time and much more berating of him for being useless and the board for choosing an inexperienced academy style manager.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 09:08:50 by horlock07 » Logged
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 09:07:20 »

About time Morris was relived from his duties.
Again no one’s said that, Morris needs to get through this season and then build a proper team next season. None of this is on Morris, he’s been sold a pup currently.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 09:08:09 »

Again no one’s said that, Morris needs to get through this season and then build a proper team next season. None of this is on Morris, he’s been sold a pup currently.

I just said it.
It’s us that been sold the pup.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 09:08:52 »

I think the jury is still out rather, albeit it is a little concerning that Mad Gav seemed to be able to change the structure a bit and get them playing yet under Morris they seem to have just drifted back to the style under SL.

What i do suspect is that if say Bircham had got the gig and then lost his first three games there would be much less suggestion of him not being to blame and giving him time and much more berating of the board for choosing an inexperienced academy style manager.

Did we give Lindsey as long as 3 games before we judged him? Nope.
Morris has had his time.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 09:10:58 »

In what way was he sold a pup? Considering the time the appointment took he had plenty of time to watch us play and research who was in the squad before he signed on the bottom line.

I'm far from saying he should go anywhere, but he is getting a very easy ride from many keen to lump blame elsewhere.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 09:11:22 »

Mid February and the season is basically over.
Behind the scenes there are still uncertainties undercurrents and negative vibrations. Maybe these feelings are all unfounded however they are still there.
Really can't understand why this continues to happen at Swindon. Should be such a successful and stable football club.
Just can't understand why it's not.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 09:12:31 »

Oh and the 2 players just stood there for that second goal should be ashamed of themslves just stood there watching him stab it in. I think it was Ellis and Hutton, ironically our most experienced players on the pitch

Without going all conspiratorial Hutton has been minging since after the transfer window slammed shut. It's almost like he has downed tools as he didn't get a move he wanted and has turned into a sulky so and so. He needs to pull his finger out.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 09:14:31 »

I was at the game - we sat in the home Main stand - I thought we were on top first half, and until 70 mins I thought we.d see it out. The real problem was the lack of real options to close the game out on the bench.
Macechran had to come off (a good debut for someone who hasn’t played for a while), Cain should have replaced him not Darcy , Jephcott came to the bench for a gel shortly before being substituted- and Wakeling’s pace to get in behind a side pushing forward and leaving gaps was a good option at that stage - he had two chances and forced saves at 1-0 - which if he had scored or someone knocked in the rebound on one we would have won the game.
Austin also came over to the bench shortly before he came off (this has happened at home too - I think they trust him to say when he’s “done” - running out of steam) - the issue was nobody to win headers in his place - I might have “gone the Sheridan way” and put on Minturn up there (or put him at CB , FBT at LB and pushed Ellis up alongside Wakeling.
Their first goal was a clear foul on Brynn - the attacker jumps at him, leading with forearm or elbow.
Once they equalised the winner felt inevitable.
We need some of the injured players back quickly.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: