Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sutton v Swindon matchday thread  (Read 20809 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 09:15:10 »

Did we give Lindsey as long as 3 games before we judged him? Nope.
Morris has had his time.

Quite right, the vultures were out for Lindsey by his third game...  Cheesy

Lindsay won’t see out the year…
October at best
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 09:16:12 »

In what way was he sold a pup? Considering the time the appointment took he had plenty of time to watch us play and research who was in the squad before he signed on the bottom line.

I'm far from saying he should go anywhere, but he is getting a very easy ride from many keen to lump blame elsewhere.
There’s a lot of things he wouldn’t have seen until he was on the training ground like player fitness and what not. Also some of the players were sold after he agreed to join and then there’s the player incomings that failed to materialise to replace those outgoings.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 09:16:46 »

I’d really love to know how the model chooses the right pieces of the puzzle rather than just mashing together a load of talent who don’t belong together in a team. Anybody with an ounce of knowledge on League 2 knows that you go up by having a spine of a team that includes a big (preferably experienced) centre half and a ball winning midfielder. We have neither

There doesn't seem to be any/much joined up thinking at all does there. If we are going to do this moneyball type system there HAS to be people who have experience of the football side who is going to understand how to build a balanced squad of players so that Jody Morris can properly implement his chosen style/styles of play. Currently it's absolutely scattergun. The release of MacDonald not to be replaced is absolutely unforgiveable and it's totally derailed the season.

Clem needs to have a long hard look at what is happening and get it sorted. I wonder if Chorley would come back if certain individuals were given their jotters.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 09:18:07 »

So, does anyone know exactly why Macdonald was so keen to get out of Dodge?
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 09:21:14 »

One thing that strikes me, looking at our whos who on the website vs other clubs, both successful and unsuccessful,  is that we literally have a couple of people (officially) listed. Theres no concept of a Board of Directors, maybe that needs to change if we're to progress.

Even if the ownership do have the best intentions its probably not unfair to say theres a lack of football knowhow at a senior level. Perhaps they need to find some bodies with experience in the industry to steer things.

Clem- a business man with an interest in football, former associate of Lee Power.

Zav- a convicted money launderer and former associate of Lee Power. Potentially failed the Fit and Proper test- unknown.

Rob Angus- lifelong town fan, good bloke no doubt. Previously a senior manager at Nationwide and Vice chair of the supporters trust. No experience in the football industry.

and thats it. that is the entire Boardroom and Senior Management department.

and then further down the chain we have Sandro, whos credentials and footballing experience are questionable.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 09:26:29 »

Quite right, the vultures were out for Lindsey by his third game...  Cheesy

Exactly my point.
Morris Out.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 09:28:00 »

So, does anyone know exactly why Macdonald was so keen to get out of Dodge?

Or why we were keen to ship him out
adje

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 09:30:00 »

16 games to go? Season over? Many people were saying that last season with 8 games to go. A full squad and we are capable of making the play offs in my opinion. That is of course if Morris proves to be as good as many fans expected him to be.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 09:30:06 »

Or why we were keen to ship him out

I think its like a choose your own adventure story, you just choose your rumour/pluck something out of thin air to suit your narrative. I'm going for he left in disgust when he realised that Shandy drowns kittens*.

* Note I don't really believe this, but is as evidenced as the majority of things being noted as 'fact' on this and other threads.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 09:35:12 by horlock07 » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 09:34:56 »

He left because the fans wanted him out because hE cAnT pAsS tHe BaLl.

A lot of you fuckers didn’t even rate him two weeks ago.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 09:37:29 »

He left because the fans wanted him out because hE cAnT pAsS tHe BaLl.

A lot of you fuckers didn’t even rate him two weeks ago.

His reputation does seem to have rather morphed from Harry Maguire to Sergio Ramos over the last fortnight.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 09:37:48 »

I think you are right NotHarryAgombar, its easy to lose sight of the positives and had we had everyone available for the bench it may have been fine.

So at least we improved.  The frustration of 'nil points' and the damage it may have done is well covered.

RHM has one more game out, Shade, Lavinier and Tomlinson can't get fit quick enough. Its unfortunate that out perceived 'better depth in the squad this year' isn't really true - but some of that is down to bad luck (Baudry, Devine).
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 09:39:15 »

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 09:39:54 »

I think its like a choose your own adventure story

There are always rumours though. We mostly never know if they are based in fact or the 6th pint of lager.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 10:04:48 »

Havent read back and im not going to.

Three points up for grabs at a poor Sutton and we fucking blew it.

First goal was a foul on Brynn but they had been knocking for a while, so no real complaints.

Better than Saturday but still panic stations at the back. New lad impressed me but i reckon if MacDonald was at the back, we might of at least got a draw last night.

If there is ever a game to show Sandro over and over again as a lesson in fourth tier Football versus his 'model' then this was it.

Lightweight, tippy tappy...overwhelmed, out fought and lose.

For me the season has gone. We need a stonking run and i cant see it happening.

The appointment of 'the obvious choice' has fucked us royally and a replacement who so far looks to be more of the same without wins. Add the awful January transfer window and the wheels have defo flown off.

Its depressing.

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: