Poll
Question: Lindsey:
Give him the season - 19 (16.8%)
Time for a change - 94 (83.2%)
Total Voters: 109

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Current Management  (Read 18705 times)
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2023, 09:44:55 »

I still don't think Clem will fire him until he's given him a shot of the January transfer window and what they can do in the last part of the season. By then it's probably going to be too late to salvage this season, and look to get a manager in towards the end of this season to prepare for a proper tilt at getting up properly next.

not a chance we get autos under SL, we may scrape play offs by virtue of this being the very worst Div4 in memory, but given our inconsistencies I cant see us progressing from the semis let alone winning it... 1 back to back win all season isnt it.

so do we roll the dice now (hes not exactly going to be on top dollar is he, so sacking him now vs in the summer isnt going to be a huge cost) and keep the majority of the fans on side that this project will eventually be successful, even if not this year, or persist with dishing up this crap for another 5 months and drive away the floating fans?

id go so far to say that arguably finishing 10th under a new manager with better football and the hope of mounting a proper challenge next season would keep more fans interested than limping into another failed PO season with the current snoozefest being offered up.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2023, 09:50:18 »

Clown show at this point.

I think it has got to the stage where SL is playing excuses roulette and rather than holding up his hands and stating that he has to do better, he's trotting out reasons that are likely to get more and more unbelievably as the form suffers. To his credit at least he hasn't blamed referees constantly like Garner did - I wonder if he ever got a response for his bizarre letter to authorities regarding throw ins!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2023, 09:50:42 »

not a chance we get autos under SL, we may scrape play offs by virtue of this being the very worst Div4 in memory, but given our inconsistencies I cant see us progressing from the semis let alone winning it... 1 back to back win all season isnt it.

so do we roll the dice now (hes not exactly going to be on top dollar is he, so sacking him now vs in the summer isnt going to be a huge cost) and keep the majority of the fans on side that this project will eventually be successful, even if not this year, or persist with dishing up this crap for another 5 months and drive away the floating fans?

id go so far to say that arguably finishing 10th under a new manager with better football and the hope of mounting a proper challenge next season would keep more fans interested than limping into another failed PO season with the current snoozefest being offered up.

This.

And in particular the bit about this being the worst div 4 I certainly can remember, is what is pissing me off most. What a missed opportunity.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #153 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2023, 09:52:45 »

A cure for insomniacs Swindon v Salford

We're not that different from Orient then
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2023, 09:58:28 »

Clown show at this point.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2023, 10:16:41 »

This.

And in particular the bit about this being the worst div 4 I certainly can remember, is what is pissing me off most. What a missed opportunity.

new manager bounce doesnt always work, but we're not even that far off the autos with 21 games to play its worth a go.

the argument around if we have enough football intelligence with the DOF/CEO/Chairman to make a shrewd appointment is another conversation given how SL came into the job as the number1 candidate without even having an interview, i worry we dont, but theres nothing to lose at this point so we may as well at least try.

as the days since colchester go on im less angry at SL, hes out of his depth, looks broken and is contradicting himself within sentances, but its for the hierarchy to take action and sort this out.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2023, 10:22:55 »

We're not that different from Orient then

Or alternatively bottom of the football league Gillingham.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #157 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2023, 10:42:17 »

Or alternatively bottom of the football league Gillingham.

Cool. So the graph means fuck all then.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #158 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2023, 10:43:37 »

I do love stats as I am sure everyone knows but the only stats that matter are goals for and goals against, then followed by number of shots on target and number of shots saved.

The rest really are pretty pointless.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2023, 10:49:31 »

It means fuck all because it doesn't show how well a team is doing? They already have one of those already, its called a league table.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #160 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2023, 10:58:19 »

I do love stats as I am sure everyone knows but the only stats that matter are goals for and goals against, then followed by number of shots on target and number of shots saved.

The rest really are pretty pointless.

I'd go a bit further than that. We aren't really creating quality chances which is leading to not scoring goals. Defensively we seem to be ok, although we do give away chances with individiual mistakes we aren't conceding a worrying amount of goals imo.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2023, 11:02:36 »

I'd go a bit further than that. We aren't really creating quality chances which is leading to not scoring goals. Defensively we seem to be ok, although we do give away chances with individiual mistakes we aren't conceding a worrying amount of goals imo.

Totally agree with this.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2023, 11:15:50 »

Agree.

And there wouldn't be so many mistakes in this team defensively if we didn't keep the ball going nowhere at the back for so long. Doing so with any team at this level is likely to breed mistakes.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #163 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2023, 11:24:23 »

Yep agreed.

My main point being, all the style talk is irrelevant. The thing that gets fans juices going is sustained pressure in the oppo half and chance creation (again, imo).
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2023, 11:37:38 »

As soon as we go a goal down nowadays, I think "game over".
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: