Poll
Question: Lindsey:
Give him the season - 19 (16.8%)
Time for a change - 94 (83.2%)
Total Voters: 109

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Current Management  (Read 18857 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 14:35:01 »

He has to go. Its painfully obvious that he is not capable of managing this football club to success and in my opinion has been for a long time. Why waste time on this more? Especially if we're going through the hassle of signing a player like Austin for the next few month, otherwise what was the point?

The whole thing needs to change. The squad is a bit of a mixed bag, but the likes of Brynn, Clayton, Blake-Tracy, Reed when you get the best out of him, Williams, etc. are more than capable of being in a League Two title winning team. Then there are a whole host of promotion contenders in there if you can up their games and keep them fit. Khan, Darcy, MacDonalds, Wakeling, Gladwin, etc.

The problem isn't the squad (most of them), the problem stems from a lack of man management, tactical capability, squad depth due to some well off the mark signings and most importantly the style of pass pass pass pass and go fucking nowhere with a couple of shots per game.

Why is it deemed so negative to have a ball winning midfielder? Why is it deemed negative to have fucking shots? Or to occasionally pass long? The worrying thing for me is Garner was the same, so is this a Clem philosophy?

I cannot possibly stress what I'm about to say enough.

There is a giant fucking difference between being a Stoke or a Sam Allerdyces Bolton or 80s Wimbledon of the world where its just a team of bullies that pump it forward constantly to a big man and look for scraps. It isn't a binary choice between that and pass pass pass pass fucking pass, lose it and concede, pass, pass, pass, don't dare shoot, fucking pass it again, back to keeper and fuck your entire fan base off with bored to death shite!

I hate to be the fan that brings up Di Canio all the time, but its the perfect choice I can think of one of our teams that managed to find the balance. Not a bunch of hoofball merchants but a team that managed to be a passing team, but with purpose and avoiding this type of tippy tappy go nowhere shite. The medium does exist.

Furthermore on Sandros comments about showcasing talent, the comment might piss some off but the reality is the reality. Most clubs are selling clubs if the money and situation is right. Probably all of the 92 apart from Man City. If we're the right time, right price type of selling club rather than the roll over, tickle our balls and pay us whatever you fancy kind of selling club we've been in the past, then that isn't an issue for me.

But Championship, Prem and Scottish Prem teams aren't lining up to buy players because they complete a lot of sideways and backwards passes every game. These sorts of clubs want Keepers and defenders with clean sheets, strikers with goals and midfielders with assists and more importantly winners. So this isn't an excuse for this type of shite football close to 10k are backing the club with at The County Ground every other week are suffering at the moment.

Again, I worry this is coming from Clems philosophy and why he keeps going for apparent 'good coaches' rather than football managers that can win. If this is the case, then you need a long hard think Clem. Did this come from Power? Because he had a similar mentality, although different the selling funds went straight in his back pocket.

You've got a lot right since buying the club off the pitch and despite the 'lucky we have a club' merchants not understanding this, you can be thankful for it and still be royally fucked off with how badly you've got it wrong when it comes to the mentality on the pitch and that is exactly where I'm at.

Rant over.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 14:37:01 »

I would change 3 to complete CG purchase or you may cause mayhem with the tin hatted brigade suggesting that he plans to flog the ground.

ha - fair point. I have edited the original post, but it remains in yours so it's going to be all your fault when the tin hat people come looking for their pound of flesh! Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 14:40:30 »

ha - fair point. I have edited the original post, but it remains in yours so it's going to be all your fault when the tin hat people come looking for their pound of flesh! Smiley

True, albeit after the events in Preston Crown Court this afternoon I suspect there will be a fair few groups out with flaming torches in South Cumbria this evening anyway so won't notice another group!  Wink Roll Eyes
DMC

« Reply #108 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 14:42:32 »

He has to go. Its painfully obvious that he is not capable of managing this football club to success and in my opinion has been for a long time. Why waste time on this more? Especially if we're going through the hassle of signing a player like Austin for the next few month, otherwise what was the point?

The whole thing needs to change. The squad is a bit of a mixed bag, but the likes of Brynn, Clayton, Blake-Tracy, Reed when you get the best out of him, Williams, etc. are more than capable of being in a League Two title winning team. Then there are a whole host of promotion contenders in there if you can up their games and keep them fit. Khan, Darcy, MacDonalds, Wakeling, Gladwin, etc.

The problem isn't the squad (most of them), the problem stems from a lack of man management, tactical capability, squad depth due to some well off the mark signings and most importantly the style of pass pass pass pass and go fucking nowhere with a couple of shots per game.

Why is it deemed so negative to have a ball winning midfielder? Why is it deemed negative to have fucking shots? Or to occasionally pass long? The worrying thing for me is Garner was the same, so is this a Clem philosophy?

I cannot possibly stress what I'm about to say enough.

There is a giant fucking difference between being a Stoke or a Sam Allerdyces Bolton or 80s Wimbledon of the world where its just a team of bullies that pump it forward constantly to a big man and look for scraps. It isn't a binary choice between that and pass pass pass pass fucking pass, lose it and concede, pass, pass, pass, don't dare shoot, fucking pass it again, back to keeper and fuck your entire fan base off with bored to death shite!

I hate to be the fan that brings up Di Canio all the time, but its the perfect choice I can think of one of our teams that managed to find the balance. Not a bunch of hoofball merchants but a team that managed to be a passing team, but with purpose and avoiding this type of tippy tappy go nowhere shite. The medium does exist.

Furthermore on Sandros comments about showcasing talent, the comment might piss some off but the reality is the reality. Most clubs are selling clubs if the money and situation is right. Probably all of the 92 apart from Man City. If we're the right time, right price type of selling club rather than the roll over, tickle our balls and pay us whatever you fancy kind of selling club we've been in the past, then that isn't an issue for me.

But Championship, Prem and Scottish Prem teams aren't lining up to buy players because they complete a lot of sideways and backwards passes every game. These sorts of clubs want Keepers and defenders with clean sheets, strikers with goals and midfielders with assists and more importantly winners. So this isn't an excuse for this type of shite football close to 10k are backing the club with at The County Ground every other week are suffering at the moment.

Again, I worry this is coming from Clems philosophy and why he keeps going for apparent 'good coaches' rather than football managers that can win. If this is the case, then you need a long hard think Clem. Did this come from Power? Because he had a similar mentality, although different the selling funds went straight in his back pocket.

You've got a lot right since buying the club off the pitch and despite the 'lucky we have a club' merchants not understanding this, you can be thankful for it and still be royally fucked off with how badly you've got it wrong when it comes to the mentality on the pitch and that is exactly where I'm at.

Rant over.
Agree with you 99% I think The only bit i will disagree on is it being Clems style. From what i have read and been told Clem has done the right thing (until now) and stayed out of football side of things and left that down to people like Sandro and others.  Now the argument can be that he has made the wrong decisions there totally which i personally think he has but the philosophy etc is coming from the people he employed. It's up to him now to rectify that and that comes from either changing it or firing  a few fucks into them because it seems to me that as soon as he leaves the country we hear fuckall from the club and then when he is back he has a pile of shit to constantly clean up
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 15:07:16 »

Agree with you 99% I think The only bit i will disagree on is it being Clems style. From what i have read and been told Clem has done the right thing (until now) and stayed out of football side of things and left that down to people like Sandro and others.  Now the argument can be that he has made the wrong decisions there totally which i personally think he has but the philosophy etc is coming from the people he employed. It's up to him now to rectify that and that comes from either changing it or firing  a few fucks into them because it seems to me that as soon as he leaves the country we hear fuckall from the club and then when he is back he has a pile of shit to constantly clean up

Yeah I don't know if this is part of Clems football philosophy/mantra or not, but I'm just drawing comparisons between our current style and the similar frustrations under Garner and previously Luke Williams who if I'm not mistaken was here while Clem was a part shareholder as well.

That and the theory that he may think 'passing football at all costs' attracts buyers for players.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 15:13:42 »

Does anyone know how we ended-up with Sandro?  Who sought him out, given the lack of experience at the Boardroom level, in the footballing world that is.  I know Chairmen get pelters for getting involved in the footballing side, but as their boss you can surely have a series of strong words around performance?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 15:36:45 »

Does anyone know how we ended-up with Sandro?  Who sought him out, given the lack of experience at the Boardroom level, in the footballing world that is.  I know Chairmen get pelters for getting involved in the footballing side, but as their boss you can surely have a series of strong words around performance?

He came via Wigan didn't he, and I can understand why he may have looked attractive as the season before they basically put a whole new squad together and won L1.

Considering their links I would not be surprised to see the recently sacked Leam Richardson who won that title with Wigan rolling up here?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 16:22:04 »

But who knew about him?  He was basically there for 6 months after a career of working as an Analyst for SkyBet wasn't he - with our team being a good performer high up the Building Society chain and an Aussie plumber, who knew to look there and who did enough research to determine he was the path to follow?  

I am very much OK with using Stats, just concerned we look, quite literally, like a gamble right now.  You can sign a few rough diamonds, but you need some who tick the box right now.  If he is the guy in charge of the footballing recruitment, then why would we expect anyone to be put in front of Clem worthy of replacing Lindsey?
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 16:26:08 by RobertT » Logged
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 16:28:36 »

Isn’t Sandro, Chris Kielys man?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #114 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 16:32:00 »

Isn’t Sandro, Chris Kielys man?
I believe this to be the case.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 16:54:02 »

Who’s Chris Kiely?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #116 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 16:56:56 »

Who’s Chris Kiely?
Ex Charlton keeper Dean Kiely's son, one of the "behind the scenes" backers, mentioned back in the Summer if not before.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 16:57:49 »

What’s his brief
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 16:58:33 »

Who’s Chris Kiely?

Deans son.

Racehorse owner and professional gambler
Peter Venkman

« Reply #119 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 16:58:57 »

What’s his brief

http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=58890.msg1705433#msg1705433

http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=58393.msg1700486#msg1700486

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: