Poll
Question: Lindsey:
Give him the season - 19 (16.8%)
Time for a change - 94 (83.2%)
Total Voters: 109

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Current Management  (Read 18877 times)
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 00:09:01 »

After being taken for a ride by Garner I suggest that Morfuni will be a bit gun shy.

Half way through an experiment is not a good time to change.

That said, right from the beginning Scott didn't have the qualities for success.

Pre Season friendlies that he said were important and Town needed a get a culture of winning were lost.

A recent example was in his interview after the Northampton game where he said he will take the credit for the 2nd goal as he was coaching the lad after training to do this....Come on Scott did you take responsibility for the lack of energy and passion shown at Colchester. I don't think so.

Scott Lindsey seems a decent person and not for one moment do I think he is a conman. Just he is not a winner.   

Really hope I am wrong with my comments above... Clem Morfuni your thoughts and decisions are the important ones.

Just make a decision.

Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 10:30:14 »

He’s staying isn’t he. Suspect we’d have heard by now.
DMC

« Reply #77 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 10:39:44 »

He’s staying isn’t he. Suspect we’d have heard by now.
Not sure. The chairman only arrived back 7 days ago, we have had 3 games in that time and he has probably not even had a chance to meet any staff properly yet
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 10:59:39 »

Another journeyman manager.
With an impressive number of promotions and cup successes!
cdakev

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 11:00:26 »

Lyndsey needs to go and to go now. He's out of his depth, players don't respect him or respond to him. STFC need to act now to save our season.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #80 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 11:09:41 »

I have lost faith in Lindsey now, I don't enjoy watching us play dull dreary lifeless pass, pass, pass football always backwards or sideways, we never shoot, we get few crosses into the box despite what Lindsey suggests.

Its drining the will out of me.

We need change now so a new manager can come in and get a couple of players to bolster the way they want us to play, of course we could get worse but the chances are we will get a better more suited manager in.

The lack of goals and a total lack of shooting is concerning.

But, I can't see it happening, this is a head over heart decision as Lindsey is apparently well liked and a nice bloke but its just not working tactically in games or technically with substitutions or plan B being the same as plan A.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #81 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 11:34:24 »

On a different topic, ou est Le Duke? Always liked his generally well-informed and balanced posts and respected his cool when replying to posters challenging his views in an aggressive manner.
I spoke to Duke a couple of days ago, he is ok and just staying away from the forum due partly I am sure to the utter negativity he faces when he posts, hes had a rough few months away from football and is slightly disillusioned with the football served up but still reads the TEF.

Williams I think would be much more effective dropping back in midfield and playing the ‘Payne’ role
Which is basically his prefered role so I hear, hes a central attacking midfielder not a wide man.

Obviously different people will have different opinions but for me - the players are good enough (and personally I think a lot of them are capable of improving)

It’s just the attacking players. We seemingly have three central strikers in Jephcott, Wakeling and now Austin but the wide strikers in 433 don’t do enough, offer enough. In part as those players aren’t good enough or have be played there despite it not being their position. We also lack a central midfielder who will drive the ball forward like Payne did (fwiw I think Darcy could be that player but this season you are seeing the difference between a 22 year old with 60 odd games under his belt before this season vs a 27 year old with 300+ games under his belt)

I’ve got the point where I genuinely believe I could pick a better formation / starting XI than Lindsey which to be anyway, indicates that’s where the problem is.

People can and will differ on that though…
I too agree, I think the players have way more ability and prospects than they are currently showing, not everyone thinks the players arent good enough, they are just not being played to their strengths, or not having their strengths recognised by the coaching staff/manager IMO.

We have a solid mid/upper table team but with good coaching and the right tactics that can easily get better, look at Mansfield away only a few week ago.

As I have said to several TEF'rs off the forum is that last season we has 2 players that could create things and score goals on their own, thats McKirdy and Payne, they gave us a total of 36 goals an numerous assists.

They have moved on and we have moved on but we don't have 1 let alone 2 players to replace those goals, add to that Simpson pre January who bagged 11 goals in half a season and thats 47 goals missing and not replaced.

Anyone for the Cowley brothers? Just been sacked.
No, god no, awful managers with poor 1 dimensional tactics and no plan B, ask Pompey fans

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 11:35:08 »

I have lost faith in Lindsey now, I don't enjoy watching us play dull dreary lifeless pass, pass, pass football always backwards or sideways, we never shoot, we get few crosses into the box despite what Lindsey suggests.

But isn't that the chosen style for 'the project', isn't the whole point of going down the TD/DoF route that even if the managers changes the 'style' doesn't to ensure consistency, so even if SL goes it will depend on getting another manager in who will be expected to play in the same style with the same players.

I think that things have got (and will continue to be until a change happens, whatever happens on the pitch) so toxic that SL has to go, but I do fear that changing the manager is not going to be the golden bullet that some supporters seem to think its going to be.

We need change now

Would agree with this, if we are changing it needs to be so it gives anyone incoming a chance to assess the squad and change in January as they see fit.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 11:42:04 »

I spoke to Duke a couple of days ago, he is ok and just staying away from the forum due partly I am sure to the utter negativity he faces when he posts, hes had a rough few months away from football and is slightly disillusioned with the football served up but still reads the TEF.
Which is basically his prefered role so I hear, hes a central attacking midfielder not a wide man.
I too agree, I think the players have way more ability and prospects than they are currently showing, not everyone thinks the players arent good enough, they are just not being played to their strengths, or not having their strengths recognised by the coaching staff/manager IMO.

We have a solid mid/upper table team but with good coaching and the right tactics that can easily get better, look at Mansfield away only a few week ago.

As I have said to several TEF'rs off the forum is that last season we has 2 players that could create things and score goals on their own, thats McKirdy and Payne, they gave us a total of 36 goals an numerous assists.

They have moved on and we have moved on but we don't have 1 let alone 2 players to replace those goals, add to that Simpson pre January who bagged 11 goals in half a season and thats 47 goals missing and not replaced.
No, god no, awful managers with poor 1 dimensional tactics and no plan B, ask Pompey fans

Whilst not as good as those mentioned Josh Davison chipped in towards the back end of the season.

McKirdy(21) Payne(13) and Simpson/Davison(9+9) accounted for 67.5% of our league goals last season.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 11:43:05 »

…and after those 4 it was Louie Barry with 6 goals which jumps it up to 75.3% of our league goals last season gone
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 11:45:47 »

Quote from: Quagmire
Anyone for the Cowley brothers? Just been sacked.
not sure we have the players for Cowleyball
Peter Venkman

« Reply #86 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 11:47:24 »

…and after those 4 it was Louie Barry with 6 goals which jumps it up to 75.3% of our league goals last season gone
Indeed, he could make things happen on his own, I discounted Davison as Jephcotts goal return is close on 5 goals from 17 games is quite comperable to Davisons 9 from 23. It was only after I realised I missread Davisons contribution! Cheesy

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 11:57:25 »

not sure we have the players for Cowleyball

We also don't appear to have the players for Lindseyball   Cheesy
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 12:02:55 »

good point
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 12:06:31 »

As for replacements for SL, we could just dip into the obvious myriad of managerial super talent that exists on the Swindon Town Facebook page. I'm sure most would command only a nominal salary so we'd be saving money in the process!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: