Poll
Question: Lindsey:
Give him the season - 19 (16.8%)
Time for a change - 94 (83.2%)
Total Voters: 109

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Current Management  (Read 18301 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 17:13:07 »

So basically Di Michelle, through his days at SkyBet in PR has managed to get in with a crowd that has some influence.  See Sandro has an ownership stake in the GeeGee's.  His sports consultancy did little to no business (based on the available accounting info).  Also, why did he leave Wigan so briefly after joining them, and also just before the January transfer window?  Was it a case of jobs for the boys that got him in there?

Anyway, my point for raising him is that it would seem he isn't going to be going anywhere, so why would we expect anything different in any Lindsey replacement?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 17:13:51 »

By the way, all innocent questions from me, not really paid that much attention to him before now.  He becomes more important if we would be thinking of changing things up.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 17:36:01 »

second one

"The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you."

Huh?
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 17:37:10 »

JJ has given away our secret!  Soapy Tit Wank
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 17:43:06 »

By the way, all innocent questions from me, not really paid that much attention to him before now.  He becomes more important if we would be thinking of changing things up.

I actually think it's all viable questions, We have a guy, with limited football experience who is head of recruitment, that stretches from players to coaching and management. It's only right questions should be asked.

Some of the players have sort of worked out, I think we mostly agree that there are some with the potential, however, the management seems to be a bit fudged.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 17:48:43 »

Anyway, my point for raising him is that it would seem he isn't going to be going anywhere, so why would we expect anything different in any Lindsey replacement?

Lindsey says he has final say on transfers. If that was the case (doesn't look like it is now) then he shoulders the ultimate blame. Hopefully a new manager (like an actual football manager and not a head coach would be nice) would be better at picking and choosing from his suggestions and relegate Sandro to more of a regular scout.

Although ideally I don't think Sandro has shown he is overly up to it either outside of Clayton and maybe a couple of other permanent signings, his hit rate isn't good at all.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 17:51:04 »

We have a guy, with limited football experience who is head of recruitment, that stretches from players to coaching and management.

This is the biggest worry. He picked SL and that is his biggest failure. If he sticks around, he'll be involved in picking his replacement.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 17:51:07 »

I think we could all develop a model that said that Liverpool’s youth team captain may be half decent in League Two.
DMC

« Reply #128 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 17:57:27 »

So basically Di Michelle, through his days at SkyBet in PR has managed to get in with a crowd that has some influence.  See Sandro has an ownership stake in the GeeGee's.  His sports consultancy did little to no business (based on the available accounting info).  Also, why did he leave Wigan so briefly after joining them, and also just before the January transfer window?  Was it a case of jobs for the boys that got him in there?

If Sandro leaves then that could change
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 18:07:41 »

I think we could all develop a model that said that Liverpool’s youth team captain may be half decent in League Two.

Looking at available players from the top clubs while you're at a lower league team, is a favourite Championship Manager past time for most.

Are we sure his spreadsheet isn't just the latest manager games?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 18:14:10 »

Sandro would fit in well at the Creepies
aroundthefur

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 18:15:35 »

If Sandro leaves then that could change
Do we have any expectation that Sandro might be leaving?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 18:29:49 »

Looking at available players from the top clubs while you're at a lower league team, is a favourite Championship Manager past time for most.

Are we sure his spreadsheet isn't just the latest manager games?

Looking at the website for one of the two Sole Trader "companies" he set-up in the past 4 years, it looks a lot like stuff most people use these days.  I assume he backs some of his skills as a Bookie to see the patterns in the form and identify the long shots who should be doing better as a result.  So we are paying for his unique ability to identify the rough diamonds rather than any as yet unseen way of recording data on a player.
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 18:40:18 »

Looking at the website for one of the two Sole Trader "companies" he set-up in the past 4 years, it looks a lot like stuff most people use these days.  I assume he backs some of his skills as a Bookie to see the patterns in the form and identify the long shots who should be doing better as a result.  So we are paying for his unique ability to identify the rough diamonds rather than any as yet unseen way of recording data on a player.

So, if I got this correctly, our whole policy, style and transfers is based on 'long shots'? That's very concerning
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2023, 18:48:21 »

No, not long shots - just players who he can identify as having stats that suggest more ability than current situation. Jephcott for example - being available for a club like us this season.  On the opposite end, I assume someone like Khan stood out as having the sort of stat profile that should have fitted a higher division.  Another assumption would be a few stats keeping a player down, but a sense you could improve those with coaching.  Calculated gambling if you like.

I am fine with that model provided you balance it.  More Jephcott style signings, less Darcy, Massey, Shade etc.  Certainly for our club in this Division.

There is a lot less to be confident about in his ability to find and recruit a Management team though - where do you find the stats to do that?  Nothing in his CV suggests he has a track record in that field (frankly, a few months at Wigan doesn't count as a track record of success to me on the other front, but I suppose CV's are prone to stretching).
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: