Poll
Question: Lindsey:
Give him the season - 19 (16.8%)
Time for a change - 94 (83.2%)
Total Voters: 109

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Current Management  (Read 18832 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 14:49:34 »

So you are saying that if we keep playing like we are we will keep 8k a week grinning and paying their money?
I have a season ticket and I can barely be arsed to turn up at the moment.

No, what I am saying is ‘when did our crowds last drop to 6k?’
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 14:49:35 »

Quote from: I Believe We Will Win
This may be an unpopular opinion but, absent a very wealthy benefactor, our future lies in league one/two. Anything other than the odd Yeovil style stint in the championship is out of reach.

Probably a realistic view. there's a lot to get in place to think about championship football. Which will take a lot of cash

I don't think sustained league 1 football with the odd flurry it's too much to ask though
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 14:50:23 »

This may be an unpopular opinion but, absent a very wealthy benefactor, our future lies in league one/two. Anything other than the odd Yeovil style stint in the championship is out of reach.

Doesn’t mean we can aim to / shouldn’t try to get out of the bottom 2 divisions.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 14:54:02 »

2017-18
2018-19

there are a number of games in the mid 6k, 17-18 had some sub 6k gates

20-21 had an average of 2k Smiley
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 15:00:36 »

Go and look it up if you want, you seem to have time on your hands
DMC

« Reply #35 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 15:03:24 »

Does every thread need to become this childish ffs
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 15:12:10 »

Does every thread need to become this childish ffs

He started it
SpeakingFluentPeroni

« Reply #37 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 15:20:10 »

Agreed that there does seem something wrong with a club that gets 9-10k gates being out-performed by tin pot clubs in L1 like Burton, just willing to give Clem and his project more time. Last season = survival, this season = consolidation, next year to push on.
SpeakingFluentPeroni

« Reply #38 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 15:28:14 »

On a different topic, ou est Le Duke? Always liked his generally well-informed and balanced posts and respected his cool when replying to posters challenging his views in an aggressive manner.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 15:37:09 »

Agreed that there does seem something wrong with a club that gets 9-10k gates being out-performed by tin pot clubs in L1 like Burton, just willing to give Clem and his project more time. Last season = survival, this season = consolidation, next year to push on.

Don't worry, we can be outperformed by tin pot sides in L2 as well, Barrow go ahead of us with a win today...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 15:38:14 »

This is getting confusing.

For a fair few weeks now posters have been saying over and over that SL must go as he isn't getting the team playing well enough, yet over the last couple of games it shifted to the players not being good enough, so which is it?

If its the squad there doesn't seem much point changing manager as it will still be the same players? And at this point of the season who is out there that we could realistically get in, no point sacking him then spending 4 weeks fucking around trying to find someone better and who wants the job. It's not like we are facing relegation and it's worth a flyer on the off chance.

Whatever it is we don't seem to have any sort of plan or shape, what's the point of having a poacher striker in Jephcott, then signing another one, if we aren't going to play it into the box, as I have said before I would be well fucked off if I were Jephcott and we suddenly change to accommodate Austin after he has been crying out for service all season.

FWIW we may as well get rid and do it quickly, it's not going to help anyone with all the toxicity sloshing about.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 15:39:49 »

No change for me, I think the current model of a sustainable football club is noble and deserves 5 years to make it work. We were going bust 2 years ago and Clem saved us. A couple of bad results shouldn’t deflect from the bigger picture.

I’m sure Power had a 5 year plan. So you another 5 year plan? Sorry but STFC should not be content with bobbling around L2 with the odd year in L1. 5 year plans won’t renew season tickets in a couple of months that’s for sure.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 15:42:55 »

If its the squad there doesn't seem much point changing manager as it will still be the same players?

I think most people think it's a bit of both (to differing degrees, for sure), but one is much easier to change than the other. A better manager gets more out of this squad, and I'm sure Lindsey could get more our of a better squad. But they're not equally easy to address.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 15:45:01 »

I’m sure Power had a 5 year plan. So you another 5 year plan? Sorry but STFC should not be content with bobbling around L2 with the odd year in L1. 5 year plans won’t renew season tickets in a couple of months that’s for sure.

Pee Lowers plans was to extrapolate more next season than this season while pulling the wool over Shawns & everyone else’s eyes, which he was uniquely successful in doing. His Agincort/Waterloo moment was covid 19 wherein his rolling five year plan unravelled and he found himself fucked on so many levels that destroying the club was his only option..
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 15:46:12 »

This is getting confusing.

For a fair few weeks now posters have been saying over and over that SL must go as he isn't getting the team playing well enough, yet over the last couple of games it shifted to the players not being good enough, so which is it?

If its the squad there doesn't seem much point changing manager as it will still be the same players? And at this point of the season who is out there that we could realistically get in, no point sacking him then spending 4 weeks fucking around trying to find someone better and who wants the job. It's not like we are facing relegation and it's worth a flyer on the off chance.

Whatever it is we don't seem to have any sort of plan or shape, what's the point of having a poacher striker in Jephcott, then signing another one, if we aren't going to play it into the box, as I have said before I would be well fucked off if I were Jephcott and we suddenly change to accommodate Austin after he has been crying out for service all season.

FWIW we may as well get rid and do it quickly, it's not going to help anyone with all the toxicity sloshing about.

Obviously different people will have different opinions but for me - the players are good enough (and personally I think a lot of them are capable of improving)

It’s just the attacking players. We seemingly have three central strikers in Jephcott, Wakeling and now Austin but the wide strikers in 433 don’t do enough, offer enough. In part as those players aren’t good enough or have be played there despite it not being their position. We also lack a central midfielder who will drive the ball forward like Payne did (fwiw I think Darcy could be that player but this season you are seeing the difference between a 22 year old with 60 odd games under his belt before this season vs a 27 year old with 300+ games under his belt)

I’ve got the point where I genuinely believe I could pick a better formation / starting XI than Lindsey which to be anyway, indicates that’s where the problem is.

People can and will differ on that though…
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: