Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester Utd v Swindon Town match day thread.  (Read 25728 times)
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 09:49:06 »

I’d acquire Liam Manning on a six month contract with Charlie his number two, I’d hope he’d have an impact similar to that he had at Franchise in the early stages. Young progressive coach needing to bounce back. Wouldn’t be much to lose for us or him.

Agree on manning.

Had decent sized championship clubs after him at MK. Struggled the season after like many do.

Wellens perfect example, unreal job here, struggled after at two very different clubs, now running away with league with Orient.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 09:53:02 »

Quote from: Nomoreheroes
Yes, I think the difference this year is that we don't have anyone (apart from Williams) with that little bit of magic that can unlock a defence with a mazy run.

it may be revisionism in my part, but while that's the bulk of the problem I'd also add we are missing a focal point up front.

there are far too many games like yesterday (jephcott) and Walsall (wakeling) where the centre forward spends all game trying hard but ultimately in a hiding to nothing.

Simpson was a power house at the end of his spell, a physical nightmare for defenders but not in the air or pace. just power

Davison I'm not going to pretend I was a massive fan of. But he did provide more of a focal point.

Both had backup from the likes of McKirdy and Barry of course.

This year we seem to be trying the same thing (I think) but end up with the loan gunman who may as well watch from the stands for all the service and support they get.

(this is turning into a ramble)

what the hell is the attacking plan? I assume Williams and a.n. other are supposed to be getting up along side and providing support?

but the much criticised speed of attack seems to negate that and it ends up far too often with a mass of players around the box, with many many defenders.

Maybe I'm changing this narrative to fit my own thoughts. But I'm struggling to think of many quick breaks that stretch the opposition or if position.

we know Austin won't fix this. We surely have to adapt to our strengths
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 09:54:25 »

Unless there is a stand out manager, coaching staff and medical team kicking a can down the road waiting for a phone call who have we got to choose from if his time really is up?

I’m sure Fraser could support GK’s in the interim. What’s Phil Smith doing lately? Manning or A.N Other would have his own idea on coaches anyway.

Now, ain't that just like me?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 10:00:08 »

Quote from: Boy About Town
Mildenhall’s time is up as well. Complete clean up required.

What's he done, other than being guilty by association?

He's the keeper coach. The keeper is playing well.

But I have to confess I don't watch the dugout much during a game. Subs and aggro only.

I'm defending him for the tremendous job he did when working under the worst possible conditions last year,  the way he's been loyal to the club and the keepers playing well.

What's your reasons?
Boy About Town
Pricko

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 10:04:44 »

What's he done, other than being guilty by association?

He's the keeper coach. The keeper is playing well.

But I have to confess I don't watch the dugout much during a game. Subs and aggro only.

I'm defending him for the tremendous job he did when working under the worst possible conditions last year,  the way he's been loyal to the club and the keepers playing well.

What's your reasons?

Yes no doubt he has been a loyal servant. No particular reasons - I feel we need a complete clean slate. Others may feel that Mildy acts too much the Neanderthal like the others bellowing over one another on a matchday.

JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 10:09:20 »

It’s time to strike. We’re somehow still 6th, got 2 weeks before our next game and just signed austin. We can turn the season around now but it has to be now. The Lindsey experiment has failed and dumb and dumber can go too.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 10:28:31 »

😡

So, give no fucks
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 10:32:16 »

Thinking back to the game yesterday, The coaches were all up on their feet, waving arms and probably shouting something, Lindsey, just stood behind them, closer to the dugout, saying nothing. It should be the other way around.

The guy with longish hair, wrote something on his notepad, for what good it did, could have been his shopping list.

The interview says much, we go back to the training ground and dust ourselves off and go again.

Sorry SL, you had my support, it wained, now its totally gone.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 10:35:32 »

Watching the post match interview Lindsey looked a broken man to me which isn't nice to see but if he's not upto the job then Clem needs to take action.

So, give no fucks
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 10:35:34 »

Genuine question - does anybody on here want the current manager and coaches to be kept on, or know anybody that does?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 10:37:22 »

Genuine question - does anybody on here want the current manager and coaches to be kept on, or know anybody that does?

Maybe someone can create a poll.

So, give no fucks
Trowbridge Red

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 10:54:16 »

😡

I think Gladwins interview showed that SL has pretty much lost the dressing room. We all know that the players from last season are a shadow of themselves this year. That’s probably because they don’t have confidence in the system
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 11:00:42 »

Spot on. Mildenhall’s time is up as well. Complete clean up required.
So is he no longer a good enough goalkeeping coach? Has Brynn got worse under him?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 11:02:25 »

So is he no longer a good enough goalkeeping coach? Has Brynn got worse under him?

What are your thoughts?

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 11:07:46 »

What are your thoughts?
I have no insightful thoughts on Mildenhall. He seems to be loyal and a respected goalkeeping coach. We rely on loan keepers, so need someone in that position who other clubs are happy to have coach their upcoming keepers.

I haven't listened to the Gladwin interview. I'll do that now.

I don't disagree that there are a number of players that are worse than last year's crop. Others have already said that the main difference is Payne and McKirdy.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: