Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester Utd v Swindon Town match day thread.  (Read 24980 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 07:59:12 »

Don’t know much about The Lower League Look blog but they tweeted

‘ SL ⏰ 🥾 👀 #STFC’

With due respect to them I’m confident everyone on this forum has already drawn that conclusion.

What is more I have no real knowledge about SL previous football life regarding any playing activity but mark my words, as of yesterday there arrived a potential fox in the SL henhouse. Or the shadowy figure of the grim reaper if you like.

Put into context I doubt our ‘head coach/manager’ has played at the level of or been coached to the level of a certain CA and I’m in no doubt sooner, rather than later he’ll let not only SL know but Digger & Aberdeen too.

⏰🧨🪓🚪

We cans speculate all we want.

However, it’s January and the window is open. We have the best part of two weeks before our next game.

If Lindsey isn’t gone today then I think he’s here for the duration of the season.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 08:08:30 »

They’d have to have a replacement in mind otherwise the ‘process’ of getting a new manager that wants the job under the restrictions we apparently have in place would go past the window.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 08:17:11 »

What restrictions? They’re not that inflexible if we’ve just signed Charlie Austin.

Hopefully an announcement today. Best for everyone, including Scott Lindsey. I don’t want to see the crowd get toxic against him, and we’re there now I think.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #468 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 08:19:52 »

Havent read back but if this has been posted my apologies.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 08:22:56 »

What restrictions? They’re not that inflexible if we’ve just signed Charlie Austin.

Hopefully an announcement today. Best for everyone, including Scott Lindsey. I don’t want to see the crowd get toxic against him, and we’re there now I think.
Restrictions on style, development over winning, pass pass pass
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 08:49:30 »

They’d have to have a replacement in mind otherwise the ‘process’ of getting a new manager that wants the job under the restrictions we apparently have in place would go past the window.

…well, waiting any longer to make the change will only make it worse

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 08:57:29 »

Yep. Soonest mended
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 09:12:24 »

Havent read back but if this has been posted my apologies.

Yet people still defend this team/SL. Embarrassing. Standards are well and truly in the bin.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 09:22:43 »

Last 8 stats.....

P8 W2 D2 L4 F5 A8

6 of those teams outside the top 10.
Half of these games we have failed to score.
DMC

« Reply #474 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 09:33:46 »

Not good enough is it. Needs to go
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 09:37:56 »

No surprises to see the usual cucks on here semi defending it all by drawing comparisons to last season. Last season we had a fucking embargo, 3 week pre season and still managed to build a better squad than this shower of shit. At least 5 or 6 of the match day 18 are nowhere near good enough. That’s a big issue. There’s one player in this current team that walks into last seasons team and that’s FBT. Nobody else. Downgrades absolutely everywhere. Macdonald pathetic, spineless centre half. Lavenier and Hutton nowhere near the level of Kesler Hayden and Hunt. Simpson and Davison clearly offered more up top. Darcy? 😂 need I say more? Useless. Bottles tackles and has no bite. Brynn I could see an argument for, but Wollacott was unreal first half of season hence the World Cup selection. We miss Payne and mckirdy so much. We replaced them with Darcy and Wakeling. Pwahahhahahahhaa

It’s fucking disgraceful watching us. Yesterday was a low. Colchester are so bad. What does that say about us? Players ain’t playing for him anymore, clear to see. Players ain’t happy with him or the environment. Gladwins interview was telling. Where was captain Angus? Ronald Macdonald would be more of a captain to this football club than Angus Macdonald. Not a leader at all. Silent on the pitch. Another pathetic performance from him. Will go down in the Olly Lancashire school of captains of this football club. Charlie Austin will run this dressing room, and whether it’s official or not, he will be captain and call all the shots. We need it. Need a voice and a proper manager to take charge and ownership, both in the dressing room and in dugout, as right now we have neither.

Circus of a coaching set up with Day and Gunning. All of them including mildenhall just screaming and shouting for 90 mins waving arms. All of them can go (I get most will want Mildy to stay)  Get a manager in with a clean slate. No secret Andrew Crofts at Brighton was number 1 choice. He bailed at last min, We panicked and made cheapest appointment available.

If Lindsey loves this club how he says he does, then do the right thing and walk, today.  2 weeks to get a new man in. But this is Swindon town so I fully expect SL to be here in 2 weeks, tell us how good the lads are in training, how the vibe is great, how he doesn’t care about outside noise and how clem backs him.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 09:38:53 »

I’d acquire Liam Manning on a six month contract with Charlie his number two, I’d hope he’d have an impact similar to that he had at Franchise in the early stages. Young progressive coach needing to bounce back. Wouldn’t be much to lose for us or him.

Now, ain't that just like me?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 09:40:02 »

Last 8 stats.....

P8 W2 D2 L4 F5 A8

6 of those teams outside the top 10.
Half of these games we have failed to score.

So a point a game, carry that forward with 21 games to go gives us a whopping 59 points. There is a potential 66 points up for grabs from now on which would max out at 104 points. Minimum for a certain play off slot has to be 80 based on last season though 77 was enough. So we can ‘afford’ to drop 24 points or 8 losses if you prefer if we win 13 and draw none, don’t forget that 3 draws = a win 😁

I have given you an imaginary £50 to have a flutter on us to go up or go out on the piss 🤔🤔🤔
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 09:41:10 »

No surprises to see the usual cucks on here semi defending it all by drawing comparisons to last season. Last season we had a fucking embargo, 3 week pre season and still managed to build a better squad than this shower of shit. At least 5 or 6 of the match day 18 are nowhere near good enough. That’s a big issue. There’s one player in this current team that walks into last seasons team and that’s FBT. Nobody else. Downgrades absolutely everywhere. Macdonald pathetic, spineless centre half. Lavenier and Hutton nowhere near the level of Kesler Hayden and Hunt. Simpson and Davison clearly offered more up top. Darcy? 😂 need I say more? Useless. Bottles tackles and has no bite. Brynn I could see an argument for, but Wollacott was unreal first half of season hence the World Cup selection. We miss Payne and mckirdy so much. We replaced them with Darcy and Wakeling. Pwahahhahahahhaa

It’s fucking disgraceful watching us. Yesterday was a low. Colchester are so bad. What does that say about us? Players ain’t playing for him anymore, clear to see. Players ain’t happy with him or the environment. Gladwins interview was telling. Where was captain Angus? Ronald Macdonald would be more of a captain to this football club than Angus Macdonald. Not a leader at all. Silent on the pitch. Another pathetic performance from him. Will go down in the Olly Lancashire school of captains of this football club. Charlie Austin will run this dressing room, and whether it’s official or not, he will be captain and call all the shots. We need it. Need a voice and a proper manager to take charge and ownership, both in the dressing room and in dugout, as right now we have neither.

Circus of a coaching set up with Day and Gunning. All of them including mildenhall just screaming and shouting for 90 mins waving arms. All of them can go (I get most will want Mildy to stay)  Get a manager in with a clean slate. No secret Andrew Crofts at Brighton was number 1 choice. He bailed at last min, We panicked and made cheapest appointment available.

If Lindsey loves this club how he says he does, then do the right thing and walk, today.  2 weeks to get a new man in. But this is Swindon town so I fully expect SL to be here in 2 weeks, tell us how good the lads are in training, how the vibe is great, how he doesn’t care about outside noise and how clem backs him.

Spot on. Mildenhall’s time is up as well. Complete clean up required.

Now, ain't that just like me?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Monday, January 2, 2023, 09:46:08 »

Spot on. Mildenhall’s time is up as well. Complete clean up required.

Unless there is a stand out manager, coaching staff and medical team kicking a can down the road waiting for a phone call who have we got to choose from if his time really is up?
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: